[Poll] Have You had any hardware issues with Your Pro1?

Have You had hardware problems with Your Pro1?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Have You had hardware problems with Your Pro1?

• Yes, permanent
    • Yes, temporary
    • No
    • Not sure

Hi,

the purpose here is to "track" the amount of devices having factory hardware issues.

If You've had:

-problem with hardware buttons,

-problem with hinge,

-problem with hall sensor,

-problem with fingerprint reader (not working at all, working by itself etc. - not talking here about it's accuracy),

-broken USB or headphone jack (caused by normal using),

-any other hardware, definitely non-software related problems

Then select "Yes" (permanent or temporary, depending on the nature of Your problem).

If You've had:

-problems with fingerprint reader accuracy,

-problems with platform stability,

-cracked screen,

-other software related problems or hardware issues caused by physical damage,

-no hardware problems,

Then select "no".

If You don't know whether Your problem is caused by software or hardware, select "Not sure".

Edited by anonim001
  • Like 1

Few things:

• Volume up button was sometimes not working. It seems to have fixed itself overtime though.
  • The lower edge of the landscape screen is supposed to rest on two rubber pads once opened. In my case it only connects to one suggesting the assembly is not perfect. I'm guessing this is also causing some minor rattling when tapping certain parts of the screen both while closed or opened.
  • When tightly closed with the screen unlocked, typically in your jeans, it keeps sending the letter 'C' as input. That's both hardware and software defect.

None of those are show stoppers to me so I'm still very happy with that product. However there is indeed room for improvements.

1 hour ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

Play in the hinge and a stuck pixel in my display. Riding out this NCOV shit before sending it back.

That bad? Stuck pixel would be a tough blow for me too. When did you get yours?

Another one bites the dust...

So my Pro1 just died on me. Well, the OLED-screen died on me. I was just minding my business browsing the interweb when the screen died on me. For a moment I tought it was the screensaver. But, it won't turn back on. And I'm sure it's just the screen. Flashlight/LED is always configured as the first option in the pull down menu on my phones. I am able to switch the LED on and off. Also able to pick-up/answer a call with swipes. That took a few tries though.

So, after four months of intensive use I hit a snag. And to be honest, I am quite curious as to how much this joke is gonna cost me.

By the way, can anybody tell me how to turn it off and or wipe the thing without access to the screen?

Volume down + power turns it off. Able to reboot. Shame I can't activate file transfer 😞 

Edited by DieBruine
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, DieBruine said:

By the way, can anybody tell me how to turn it off and or wipe the thing without access to the screen?

Volume down + power turns it off. Able to reboot. Shame I can't activate file transfer 😞 

You can connect the phone to a monitor and connect a USB mouse using a device like this.
It works well using my Pro1.

As of screen, maybe you need a new screen or if you are a bit luckier, maybe screen's cable has detached somehow.

I suggest you to contact F(x)tec for assistance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, VaZso said:

You can connect the phone to a monitor and connect a USB mouse using a device like this.
It works well using my Pro1.

Good point, it should also work without adapter if you have a monitor that supports USB-C.

• Thanks 1

I contacted FxTec support prior to my post, so now I wait. I could easily take it apart, but waiting for support. Don't want to void warranty if I can count on that. 
Otherwise, anyone have success replacing the screen with what was it Elephone U?

This month is going really great. Last week I wrecked my Duex Pro. Two days later forgot my power supply for my USB-C dock. And now this.
I don't think the Pro1 could power the Duex. But I will try it. I ordered a new one scheduled for delivery on Thursday. 
As for my dock, I'm hoping someone finds my power supply and reports back to me. But that could take  a couple of days to weeks. And I wasn't planning on ordering one soon. But, now I might have to. I will ask around who of my friends has a monitor with USB-C input.

Thnx for the suggestions. And I will keep you posted.

regarding hardware issues : i am experiencing trouble with the screen digitizer (see an earlier quote of mine and others' too) and then with that infamous fingerprint reader, again as others...  the fingerprint scanner and the associated software work essentially at random, i have no clue how to improve hit rate...

otherwise i am more than happy with the Pro1 - but i am at the same eagerly awaiting an OS update too !

1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

Otherwise, anyone have success replacing the screen with what was it Elephone U?

Yes, see it in the following thread:

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! Now the question becomes do I order the screen to save time, seeing I'm still waiting for three phones. Or do I wait and hope FxTec replaces the screen under warranty within a reasonable amount of time 😴.

145 orders, 4 complaints of lines after a period. If not under warranty, I'm hoping FxTec will offer spare parts you can trust.

Edited by DieBruine
2 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Thanks! Now the question becomes do I order the screen to save time, seeing I'm still waiting for three phones. Or do I wait and hope FxTec replaces the screen under warranty within a reasonable amount of time 😴.

I think at first ask them about the available options then (after their reply) you may decide how to go further.

• Like 2
On 5/12/2020 at 8:50 PM, DieBruine said:

145 orders, 4 complaints of lines after a period. If not under warranty, I'm hoping FxTec will offer spare parts you can trust.

Why would you try to replace the screen yourself if it's under warranty? 😕

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Fast forward five months and it seems that this phone never had a working USB-C video out. And just now I finished restoring my son's Pro1 back to stock using 

Unfortunately that did not help with reviving the rear camera. So I just put in for another support request. Just to sum it up:
Phone A had a bad display (stopped working) and USB C video out not working.
Phone B had a bad display (glue issue I presume) and the rear camera does not work.

Hardware breaks down, I get that. But having to wait a minimum of four weeks just to get my phone inspected 🥴. So, my afternoon will be spent searching for yet another temporary phone to bridge those months 🤬. And yes, I had to get that of my chest.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...

11 business days later, not even a response on my request for an RMA. Let alone an update on my pending warranty claim. So I have a broken unused Pro1 on my desk for over 4 weeks now. Waiting to be shipped back. And another one not working, and I'm pretty sure, that's still unpacked @ headquarters.

I bought my son another phone. We'll just have to see how much I can get for a 2 month used, one year old Pro1. If it ever gets repaired 😡.

Business continuity is important, I get that. But not responding to support requests for over two weeks is just ridiculous. All the while referring to COVID-19, yet launching a 'new' phone.

My phone was delivered in February. Out of those nine months, it's been dead for three, and counting...

My son's phone was delivered in July, that's been dead two months now and counting...

Get your act together @ FxTec. This is some straight up 🐃💩☠️

• Like 3
  • Sad 1