Refund request handled slowly

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to inform you all that I received my refund just in this minute (realtime transfer). It took a while but they are definitely not scamming anybody.

I have now processed the refund request for you. We're just a little overwhelmed at the moment, but we should get back to everyone by the end of this week.  Workload piling from months of lockdowns ha

@bamboozle I repeat myself here.... Look back at the crashed Moto Mod Keyboard Indiegogo project by Chen. He offered ALL over money back OR a voucher valid for the Pro1 (Actually with $100 even for

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

Well especially since its direct competitor the Asto Slide is a better spec device at not much more cost to purchase in comparison to Pro1.  They could ofc lower the price to sort that though.

I really don't expect that they manage shipping at march 2021, they have had delays with other devices as well. Also, I do not feel well with that hinge and we haven't seen an actual demonstration (not animation) of the device being opened. FxTec did that WAY before they started producing and demonstrated that they really believed in their device.
Those big keys wouldn't be my preference either (depends on how they feel of course). 

Hardwarewise it seems to be the better option, especially with that chipset (haven't heard of it yet but it seems to be powerful). But in the end this all will be worthless if the hinge is fragile.

I do expect prices dropping for the Fxtec at some point but they would really need to ramp up production to not get a refund-repurchase chaos.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

Also, I do not feel well with that hinge and we haven't seen an actual demonstration (not animation) of the device being opened. FxTec did that WAY before they started producing and demonstrated that they really believed in their device.

Well we have seen the mechanism. As I described here the inventor himself struggles with it in their own presentation video (from 01:00 to 01:20 here). But obviously they might have improved that since, but we are to see that first....

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well we have seen the mechanism. As I described here the inventor himself struggles with it in their own presentation video (from 01:00 to 01:20 here). But obviously they might have improved that since, but we are to see that first....

Thank you for the video. The hinge seems extremely fragile and the sliders seem to tilt very easily (since they can't be forced to stay parallel). Looks quite painful to watch, honestly...

I wouldn't expect a manufacturer to sell a device with such a mechanism so that's why I expect a lot more delays before they actually produce it. On the other hand we had bending and exploding phones before, so why not one that breaks in half? (seriously, I imagine this being open while falling asleep (happens a lot with my Pro1) and accidentally laying on top of it. I couldn't imagine that the hinge would hold up to that while the Pro 1 would just 'close'.

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

Thank you for the video. The hinge seems extremely fragile and the sliders seem to tilt very easily (since they can't be forced to stay parallel). Looks quite painful to watch, honestly...

I wouldn't expect a manufacturer to sell a device with such a mechanism so that's why I expect a lot more delays before they actually produce it. On the other hand we had bending and exploding phones before, so why not one that breaks in half? (seriously, I imagine this being open while falling asleep (happens a lot with my Pro1) and accidentally laying on top of it. I couldn't imagine that the hinge would hold up to that while the Pro 1 would just 'close'.

Well I imagine, that it MIGHT be possible to fix with some rod and cogwheels in the keyboard part synchronising the two sides. Obviously the technically super simple mechanism of the Pro1 has this coupling by design by the support being a plate and not two individual arms.

(Actually the mechanism of the Pro1 though very simple in principle once you got the idea, is a bit harder to do with the correct ratios if you try to do the math, it was a bit of a puzzle when II tried to make a program to create the principal gif here)

• Like 2

I was just pointing out that there are competitors turning up but I am sure they are on the ball and working on a Pro2

I think the problem with the design of the astro slide is that the 2 arms are not connected so its easy to push to hard on 1 arm so it doesn't close evenly.  They probably should be connected 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

I was just pointing out that there are competitors turning up but I am sure they are on the ball and working on a Pro2

I hope they are working on Pro2 but currently there is no information regarding that and it may take a while even if they are working on it, so the current choice is Pro1.

The Pro1 itself is very well done considering they are a startup. They were not skip steps necessary before production.
I think this mentality caused a lot of initial delay at beginning but also that is what makes Pro1 a well-designed product.

Naturally there are drawbacks of being a small startup, so there are limited hardware elements to choose from and one of this is the curved display itself, but also this made a chance of buying it from 3rd-party places.

If they ever make a Pro2, I hope it will be very similar to Pro1 but with never SoC and real dual SIM + SD card compatibility instead of hybrid slot.
I am sure they have troubles with EN/DE keyboard options, but I hope they will forget the shifted part of the QWERTY keyboard, so I think a non-shifted QWERTY would be enough also for international use. Shifted layout makes a lot of trouble on international use case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, VaZso said:

If they ever make a Pro2, I hope it will be very similar to Pro1 but with never SoC and real dual SIM + SD card compatibility instead of hybrid slot.

I hope they go for std NanoSIM + sd + eSIM. An eSIM chip can hold multiple profiles so a standard SIM only for compatibility with carriers not (yet) supporting eSIM.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:24 AM, _DW_ said:

I think the problem with the design of the astro slide is that the 2 arms are not connected so its easy to push to hard on 1 arm so it doesn't close evenly.  They probably should be connected 🤷‍♂️

Well they can't be connected, otherwise you'd have an entire plate passing through the device (which would waste quite a lot of space)...

8 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

Well they can't be connected, otherwise you'd have an entire plate passing through the device (which would waste quite a lot of space)...

Well a rod with cogwheels in each end might be a way to synchronize the two sides.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:57 AM, Helge Martin said:

At this time I can only warn everyone to do business with this company.

After three months I still don't have my money back and only get stalling messages, if at all. For me it is clear that they do not want or can not refund.

Update: After I threatened to contact the editors of the outlets Fxtec advertises with on their website, they transferred the money within one day.  This could be a coincidence of course.

It's been almost four months since my cancellation, but I'm glad to have gotten the money back at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
On 9/29/2020 at 3:38 PM, Slion said:

Don't let that stop you. If you want a keyboard phone, have deep enough pockets, enough patience and another spare smart phone then you should order a Pro1.

I just asked know for availability. we cannot be waiting motnhs and months.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:43 AM, HMA said:

Update: After I threatened to contact the editors of the outlets Fxtec advertises with on their website, they transferred the money within one day.  This could be a coincidence of course.

It's been almost four months since my cancellation, but I'm glad to have gotten the money back at all.

who are the " editors of the outlets Fxtec advertises" ?

9 hours ago, someguywaiting said:

I cancelled my order (#55733) one month ago.  Support acknowledged it within a couple days and said it'd be processed within a week.  Well, here we are a month later, and I'm tired of waiting.

Tagging @Erik and @Waxberry since this seems to be the only way to get results...

I've just issued the refund for you. Sorry for the delays. Hope we'll change your mind later in the future when we have readily available stock!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Erik said:

I've just issued the refund for you. Sorry for the delays. Hope we'll change your mind later in the future when we have readily available stock!

Several users (including me) have been wondering whether general availability was still a goal / possible.  Good to hear that!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I need help.

After waiting over a year I really needed a new phone. FXTec told my,  I would get mine in december. I couldn´t wait this long. (ordered september 6th, 2019 #35125) 

So I canceled my order over a month ago. (september 24th). FXTec told me I would get a refund. 

I still have no refund and they don´t answer my mails!

What should I do? Anyone has an idea?

Best regards. This is a great community!

• Sad 1
34 minutes ago, swac said:

Their mailing system is made in such a way the at new mails pushes the old one back in the queue along with the new one, so they can be handled as one.. The downside of this is that with multiple mails, they might never even have seen your original one.

• Thanks 1

"Your refund request is with our collagues authorised to issue refunds, typically a director. They process refunds within a week" - (Mail from septemer, 24th)

This was the last mail I got from FXTec. Since then I wrote several times. Nothing happend. And still no money.

Kind of frustrating.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, swac said:

(Mail from septemer, 24th)

Ah well then at the least we know they got the request! My guess is that it is these odd UK banking rules that are teasing again, I bet the top dogs has been super busy with e pro1x launch. But let us tag @Erik just to be sure.

• Thanks 1
On 10/29/2020 at 10:39 AM, swac said:

Hi guys,

I need help.

After waiting over a year I really needed a new phone. FXTec told my,  I would get mine in december. I couldn´t wait this long. (ordered september 6th, 2019 #35125) 

So I canceled my order over a month ago. (september 24th). FXTec told me I would get a refund. 

Best regards. This is a great community!

Can you PM me your request ID or email address for the order by any chance? I checked your community registered email, but there are no orders matching against that one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My order number is #54021, which was cancelled last week, too. However, I receive no response, even if "processing". I have no idea whether my cancellation is successful or not. @Erik @Waxberry

By the way, I have no choice but buying a KeyTwo because I really need a phone. Still hope I can buy the Pro2 or Pro3 in the future.

Edited by SmallQ
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I ordered a Pro1-X from their Indiegogo campaign under the impression that if I should change my mind I could get a refund before the end of the campaign on the 12th of December. Now after discovering that they are selling the Pro1-X before having fulfilled many orders of their Pro1, I decided to get my refund 2 days later. I quickly discovered that Indiegogo had locked the button for a refund, alongside the statement "The contribution can't be refunded through Indiegogo. Please contact the campaign owner to request a refund."

i find it a little shady they chose Indiegogo in the first place- the platform makes it very clear that backers are not guaranteed anything that they paid for, giving fxtech a bunch of loopholes to get out should they fail to deliver. What it seems like to me is that they're using Indiegogo to quickly raise funds to fulfil back-orders.

First thing I did was contact Indiegogo requesting an explanation. All they did was bluntly send me a link to their terms and conditions and told me again to contact fxtech. Second thing I did was try to contact fxtec through the "contact" button on Indiegogo, the email address Indiegogo support gave me, and [email protected]

Well, I've had no luck so far and we're ticking closer and closer to that end date. As it seems I'm not the only one on Indiegogo experiencing that exact same issue, I left comments on the campaign hoping to get an explanation to no avail. It also seems that comments of others reporting the same thing are being removed. I've got screen-shots of at least one disappearing.

Anyone have any advice?

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Refund request handled slowly