Freaking out - F(x)tec Pro delivery gone wrong (Order 42664)

So here's the story:

I ordered the phone on 7/31/2019 via the website because i love qwerty phones (Currently have a Blackberry Key Two) and wanted to get a new phone with the good old nostalgic experience of a slider. I received this email shortly after on the same day:

We’re excited to announce that you are now one step closer to becoming one of the first to get your hands on the Pro1.
We are beginning the manufacturing in the next few weeks with estimated first shipping to pre-order customers during the  2nd week of September.

I never ended up receiving a new email until 11/18/2019 where I received a processed order payment, as well as a followup email about my account being created. 

Fast forward to now, I saw an email about the new Pro X and was thinking about coming on and trying to see if i could swap my old order for the new pro x order, or pay the difference, etc. I find out that in my orders section of my account, my phone was shipped out on October 5th, 2020 and arrived in US on October 7th, 2020. Now I had moved apartments since July 20th of 2020 and no longer reside at the shipped address. But at the same time, I was given 0 emails, indications that my shipment even went out. COINCIDENTALLY, I was even around my old apartment the weekend of the week it was shipped so I could have very conveniently picked it up had I known. So now it's 10/27/2020, I'm freaking the hell out and I can't get ahold of anyone to discuss if the phone was sent back, if the phone was taken at the old location or any of that. I sent an email to the [email protected] email in hopes that maybe the phone was sent back and they received it, but still have not heard anything. I'm freaking the hell out.

Edited by JHutch9923
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Since a lot of this will hinge on what the shipper or the new person in your old apartment did with it, can you go over and ask them if they got a package for you and what they did with it?

F(x) Tec is likely to take a while to get back to you, honestly, because of the new campaign.  It might be a week or two.  Do you have any information on who shipped it or a tracking number.  If so, you could query the shipper.

Tough situation.  Hope it gets resolved. But freaking out won't help, though I understand.  It's a problem to try and solve.

Not much else I can suggest... except make sure you get you address changed in your account. 😉

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Well of course, but I wouldn't think of an order i put up months ago during the stress of moving....

Still that's the customer's fault for providing the wrong shipping address.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

sure, but it is pretty common to get a mail when the delivery leaves, or to get the packet resent to another address.

You need to speak with FXTec they will have the shipping information and will be able to track the parcel from there.  I am sure it had to be signed for?  (Can't remember now if I did!) 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

You need to speak with FXTec they will have the shipping information and will be able to track the parcel from there.  I am sure it had to be signed for?  (Can't remember now if I did!) 

That is not to point I am making. Of course it is his/her fault. Of course FXTec needs to be informed. But the initial post suggest that this was not successful until now. I am just stating, that this is a normal thing to happen and should be possible to handle!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

That is not to point I am making. Of course it is his/her fault. Of course FXTec needs to be informed. But the initial post suggest that this was not successful until now. I am just stating, that this is a normal thing to happen and should be possible to handle!

Half asleep meant to quote the original poster 😄

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, internationaltraitor said:

you gonna have to file a claim with the shipper, whether it is usps or fedex or ups etc.

Just a guess: It might have been send back to Fxtec, but as the OP does not seem to get the mails from them, (s)he would need to try to contact them from another mailbox, to sort it out - they will at the least be able to provide the shipping details like tracking number.

So the email account I use to log in and manage my account  is still the same. I check spam filter quite often on that email because miscellaneous stuff gets caught in it for my business.  Also hotmail is AWFUL at spam filtering.  

The parcel did not require a signature and was just dropped off at the location.

My issue here is simply that I was not given a notification of the phone being shipped out, everything else I can say is my fault for not updating my shipping address, even if the device was received a year later, it's still my responsibility. I normally have things like this shipped to my father, but the way things were projected to arrive pre covid, I thought the phone would have reached my apartment before I moved in July. 

Edited by JHutch9923
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, JHutch9923 said:

The parcel did not require a signature and was just dropped off at the location.

just file a claim with the shipper, get the details from fxtec : tracking number and shipper ,  and file a claim.  the insurance from the shipper will issue money either to you or to fxtec and you can get another one.  just say you never got it and you are still waiting for it to ship. and you found out it was shipped and you never got it, someone probably stole it from my doorstep.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

just file a claim with the shipper, get the details from fxtec : tracking number and shipper ,  and file a claim.  the insurance from the shipper will issue money either to you or to fxtec and you can get another one.  just say you never got it and you are still waiting for it to ship. and you found out it was shipped and you never got it, someone probably stole it from my doorstep.

I don't know where we are talking about, but if the US, I'm not entirely sure this will fly.  If the shipper determines that they delivered it to the correct address (as on the package) and that they were not required to collect a signature by the sender, that may be the end of it.  Insurance, as far as I know, only covers what happens to it during transport, not once it is sitting on your front porch, including theft. Theft would only possibly matter if they were required to get a signature and they didn't. You'll need to get a record of the signature to make sure it wasn't faked by the carrier, which unfortunately can happen. 

I don't really know, but that would be my guess.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, internationaltraitor said:

it works.... maybe another "lie" would work better. but my friend is a mailman and boy, oh boy, let me tell you.... he gets everything for free if it comes through the mail/delivery service using this method.  but he has an excuse for every object.

Lol.  But I'm not really talking about the postal service.  As far as I know, most FxTec deliveries in the US were by FedEx. If that works with FedEx, great, I suppose, but I'd be surprised. 😉

So the buiding in question is a high rise apartment building with a mail room that the packages just get dropped into and are picked up by the tenants via a card swipe to get into said mail room. I believe that the approach of fibbing or hiding the negligence of not updating my shipping address would not do much for me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
8 minutes ago, JHutch9923 said:

So the buiding in question is a high rise apartment building with a mail room that the packages just get dropped into and are picked up by the tenants via a card swipe to get into said mail room. I believe that the approach of fibbing or hiding the negligence of not updating my shipping address would not do much for me.

Well at the least you could get the IMEI from Fxtec, so it could be reported as stolen, and thus useless as a phone for any one that took it.

On 10/28/2020 at 5:33 PM, JHutch9923 said:

Do they have security camera backup, so you could see it being delivered on the date (it's like a 9x9 inch square 3 inches depth) and perhaps who claimed it afterwards?

• Like 2

So turns out the phone was sent back (went to the apartment building and talked to them directly on Monday), but the phone was sent back almost immediately after it was received, so it's been over 3 weeks since it was returned to sender. I put a ticket request in to fxtec on october 27th to let me know what the status was on the phone that was sent out, to this day have not been responded to on that ticket. I'm hoping the phone was properly returned in the end...

Edited by JHutch9923
  • Like 5