AICP Q: Discussion

Figured out the issue with the keyboard backlight.  Lineage decided they wanted to add the keyboard backlight logic into the Android core (frameworks/base) and delete the keyboard backlight logic from the lights HAL.  This is Lineage specific -- neither AOSP nor AICP have it.  I made a brief attempt to add the Lineage code into AICP's frameworks/base but it didn't go smoothly.  So I'm just going to revert the change and move on.  I hope to have a new build within a few hours.

Edited by tdm
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done a first build of AICP Q using the Lineage 17.1 sources as a base.  After it is tested for a while, I will probably try to get official support.   The boot image is used just as in

A brief update...   I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.   This

So @tdm Just curious, not trying to bug you.   Is this project dead? Any possibility of AICP picking it up officially so it can get regular updates?  I obviously would like it to be resurrec

Posted Images

New build is up, the link in the OP is updated.  Changes:

* Fixed keyboard backlight.

* Fixed incremental file update.

New MD5: 8d557ea563667d1332dd99729fa5e4ca

This is a full update because the existing incremental updater is broken.  Future updates should be incremental and automatic, if all goes well.

• Thanks 6
48 minutes ago, tdm said:

New build is up, the link in the OP is updated.  Changes:

* Fixed keyboard backlight.

* Fixed incremental file update.

New MD5: 8d557ea563667d1332dd99729fa5e4ca

This is a full update because the existing incremental updater is broken.  Future updates should be incremental and automatic, if all goes well.

Downloaded.  Installed smoothly and the keyboard backlight works! 🥇

Oh, and has the November security patch!

Edited by Hook
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, shubell said:

well in the lineage gerrit you can see that a IMS fix is beeing worked on. Can't be working on aicp as it is lieage based, or can it 😉

AICP is not Lineage based.  It does incorporate a lot of the QCOM hardware support and a few other things.  But it specifically does not use the Lineage SDK.  And I think the telephony stack is more similar to AOSP than Lineage.  So it is quite possible that VoLTE/IMS is working on AICP.  Though I haven't tested it myself, as my carrier still won't work with this device.  😕

• Thanks 2
54 minutes ago, internationaltraitor said:

so does this have google spyware and playstore and needs a gmail account to set up the phone??  or is this a better de-googled software than lineage?

Both run just fine without gapps.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, pebert said:

will it be possible to have a swedish keymap on this ROM?

Preferably the same one as finQWERTY 

if that works, this will be my new daily ROM

//Per

With Swedish selected you do get @ on Sym+2 on AICP-Q 🙂

(Goes for both qwertZ and qwertY layout)

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

With Swedish selected you do get @ on Sym+2 on AICP-Q 🙂

Thanks, we should have kept Norway and Denmark, would have been much easier with the "scandinavian" key maps 😆

Anyway, this is just great! Just when I managed to get my phone working on stock software I back for one more round, but this will be really interesting actually. 

Holding my thumbs now 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, pebert said:

Thanks, we should have kept Norway and Denmark, would have been much easier with the "scandinavian" key maps 😆

Too bad Marethe did not manage to leave the legacy with the three united kingdoms. It certainly is silly with the tiny differences in orthography. My guess is that it was a silly attempt from the danes to distance themselves from German orthography ...

• Like 1