AICP Q: Discussion

On 3/5/2021 at 8:20 AM, Jonathan said:

The options for extra functionality for navigation can be found at:

Settings - AICP Extras - Navigation - On-screen naviation

Aha - fabulous - thank you! What caught me out was that you can toggle "On-screen navigation" but also tap on the menu item itself to get to the more detailed settings.

One thing that is still missing though is to add the old-school menu button, or otherwise further customize the nav bar. Is there any way to do this?

• Like 1
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done a first build of AICP Q using the Lineage 17.1 sources as a base.  After it is tested for a while, I will probably try to get official support.   The boot image is used just as in

A brief update...   I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.   This

So @tdm Just curious, not trying to bug you.   Is this project dead? Any possibility of AICP picking it up officially so it can get regular updates?  I obviously would like it to be resurrec

Posted Images

2 hours ago, pebert said:

is the slow response time an issue on stock sw as well??

and the really bad autofocus behaviour?

The slow response time is an interesting question.
Currently, I don't have this issue but I used to have it before I did a factory reset as it started to have soft-restart issues after every reboot, then after each charging connection.

After factory reset, that problem has disappeared but since then, I have another problem.
Instead of slow appearing of incoming call screen I had, incoming call screen does not come up, but if I press power button, lock screen appears together with a message of continue call, and after clicking on it, incoming call screen appears and I can pick it up (still much faster than when appearing of that screen was really slow).
...but when I move away my phone of my head, the screen comes up in a correct way.

However, my phone has started to have the soft-reboot issue again and maybe a week ago it also started to have soft-reboots after connecting charger... so these problems have reappeared for me.
That is a soft-reboot because Linux kernel does not restarts, but Android does it several times before it finally starts - it may be a watchdog-like behaviour of Android itself and it may look for an availability of a specific component  which does not respond in time...

I never had autofocus issue on stock, however, I use a GCam mod.

• Thanks 1

The camera button is not working for me - pressing it or long-pressing it has no effect. Can't find a setting for this anywhere. Should the camera button work?

The fingerprint sensor does not work either - when trying to set it up under Smart Lock, I am prompted to place my finger on the sensor, but when I do so, nothing happens. This is not such a big deal, I don't really care about fingerprint authentication, but would be cool if it worked.

10 hours ago, mbecroft said:

The camera button is not working for me - pressing it or long-pressing it has no effect. Can't find a setting for this anywhere. Should the camera button work?

The fingerprint sensor does not work either - when trying to set it up under Smart Lock, I am prompted to place my finger on the sensor, but when I do so, nothing happens. This is not such a big deal, I don't really care about fingerprint authentication, but would be cool if it worked.

As far as I know, the camera button only works to open the camera app in stock (and only for the stock snapdragon camera).  At least with open camera, once the camera app is open, you can use the camera button to take shots (although I mostly don't).

Don't know about fingerprints on AICP since I never use them on my Pro1.

8 hours ago, Hook said:

As far as I know, the camera button only works to open the camera app in stock (and only for the stock snapdragon camera).  At least with open camera, once the camera app is open, you can use the camera button to take shots (although I mostly don't).

Don't know about fingerprints on AICP since I never use them on my Pro1.

I've tried Open Camera on stock and I cannot take a shot with camera button, only focus is working but not taking pictures. How did you manage it? Does it require some special settings?

24 minutes ago, Laska said:

I've tried Open Camera on stock and I cannot take a shot with camera button, only focus is working but not taking pictures. How did you manage it? Does it require some special settings?

I was talking about AICP when I said camera button can be used to snap pics with open camera.  As I said, as far as I can remember, camera button on stock only works with Snapdragon camera, but it has been a loooong time since I was on stock.

• Thanks 1

Feature request then for AICP - press and hold camera button to launch camera (or add camera button to the available customizable button actions).  🙂

BTW is the Snapdragon camera app better in any way than the AOSP/AICP one (makes better use of the specialized sensors or whatever)?

Edited by mbecroft
Add to post
  • Like 1
On 3/15/2021 at 3:38 AM, VaZso said:

Instead of slow appearing of incoming call screen I had, incoming call screen does not come up, but if I press power button, lock screen appears together with a message of continue call, and after clicking on it, incoming call screen appears and I can pick it up

I am having that issue as well - and it drives me insane. On lineage OS, the call screen appeared, I could see who's calling and pick up the phone without any issues.

On AICP, most of the times the screen stays black and I need to press the power button to make it appear. If I press the power button too long, the camera comes up without any way going back to the call screen... I missed quite a few calls because of that even though I had the phone right in front of me...

Does anyone know how to fix that? Maybe it's a setting? 

Otherwise, I hope AICP R won't be too far away and maybe fix that issue.

I have lineage 16.1 installed and camera button opens the "Open Camera" app and also works to shoot pictures. 

Wonder if 17.1 works? If so could just be a AICP glitch.

Edited by _DW_
22 hours ago, _DW_ said:

Wonder if 17.1 works?

On my phone with LineageOS 17.1, the camera button doesn't open any camera app, but does work for shooting (including autofocus on half-press). [Edit: see here!]

That said, I can open the camera app (my preferred one) by double-tapping the on/off button, so I'm not missing much there.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, _DW_ said:

I have lineage 16.1 installed and camera button opens the "Open Camera" app and also works to shoot pictures. 

Wonder if 17.1 works? If so could just be a AICP glitch.

Where one can download lineage 16.1?

22 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

On my phone with LineageOS 17.1, the camera button doesn't open any camera app, but does work for shooting (including autofocus on half-press). 

That said, I can open the camera app (my preferred one) by double-tapping the on/off button, so I'm not missing much there.

You do have the option turned on don't you presuming its the same?  Search for "camera" in settings and there is one for "Launch camera"

22 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

That said, I can open the camera app (my preferred one) by double-tapping the on/off button, so I'm not missing much there

Nice, that works on stock too.

2 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

You do have the option turned on don't you presuming its the same?  Search for "camera" in settings and there is one for "Launch camera"

Haha, no, I hadn't 😄 

Ok, for me, on LineageOS 17.1 the camera button works for both starting the camera and for shooting, including AF on half-press!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

Haha, no, I hadn't 😄 

Ok, for me, on LineageOS 17.1 the camera button works for both starting the camera and for shooting, including AF on half-press!

Well sorting out that its obviously a glitch in AICP Q 😄 (presuming everyone checked there settings on AICP....)

47 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

(presuming everyone checked there settings on AICP....)

That is the flip side of AICP - there are  so many settings, that we could easily have overlooked a dozen ones that need to be switched for it to work. 🤣

5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

That is the flip side of AICP - there are  so many settings, that we could easily have overlooked a dozen ones that need to be switched for it to work. 🤣

Following the "Camera Key" by pressing gives a quite confusing settings picture...

Screenshot_20210319-182856_Settings_Suggestions.png

Screenshot_20210319-182909_AICP_Extras.png

On 3/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, EskeRahn said:

would it be possible to activate some of thoose settings by default in the ROM?

On 2/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, internationaltraitor said:

any wod of an update to AICP R ?? :))

On 2/22/2021 at 7:12 PM, tdm said:

There have been rumblings of starting official release builds, so I'm guessing in the next couple weeks.

Any news on this or an update to AICP-Q that updates the security?  Not trying to bug you,  just inquiring minds.  😉

On 3/5/2021 at 7:54 PM, pebert said:

Yes, it worked great, both with a simple USB-C to HDMI adapter and my Dell WD19 USB-C/Thunderbolt docking station, here I get both the 3 monitors and the USB-devices like mouse and keyboard. 

Now the monitor gets activated, detects a source, but both the monitor and the phone display stays black until I remove the USB cable again.

Hi

re-flashed the phone two days ago, and now the HDMI works. 

So now when I writing this post i have my phone connected to my Dell WD19 docking station.  I see the phone screen on all three monitors,  mouse and keyboard is working . 

(sorry for the really messy desk, I am a hardware developer )

IMG-20210325-WA0000.jpg

Edited by pebert
adding excuse
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2