LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

1 minute ago, Slion said:

Both bugs seems related to gesture navigation which is a feature that was introduced in Android 10 and therefore probably not available in LOS 16.

Unless you mean something completely different, gesture navigation is available in Pie (and thus in LOS 16.0):

Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Swipe up on Home Button

See: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-android-p-gesture-navigation-system

I did enable it for both tests (though I do not use it normally).

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Unless you mean something completely different, gesture navigation is available in Pie (and thus in LOS 16.0):

Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Swipe up on Home Button

See: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-android-p-gesture-navigation-system

I did enable it for both tests (though I do not use it normally).

Interesting, but you still have the navigation bar displaying the buttons right?

Edited by Slion
35 minutes ago, Slion said:

Actually if I bring up the task switcher from the home screen it works as it should.
However if I bring it up from an app it is broken like that.
Again using gesture navigation so if you are using button navigation it's possibly not issue then.

Also the task switcher bug can't be reproduced when using alt+tab, only with gesture from an app other than the home screen.

6 minutes ago, Slion said:

Interesting, but you still have the navigation bar displaying the buttons right?

The traditional nav-bar then gets replaced by a single "pill" icon and occasionally appearing (probably context-sensitive) thin arrows to help transitioning to the new interface.

I can well imagine that in Android 10, more features were introduced, but basic stuff like e.g. fast task switching by swiping the bottom of the screen works.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

The traditional nav-bar then gets replaced by a single "pill" icon and occasionally appearing (probably context-sensitive) thin arrows to help transitioning to the new interface.

I can well imagine that in Android 10, more features were introduced, but basic stuff like e.g. fast task switching by swiping the bottom of the screen works.

Yeah in Android 10 with gesture navigation you don't have nav bar at all, well at leat there is an option to hide it completely. On Android 9 it's the back gesture that missing if I recall well then.

12 minutes ago, Slion said:

The link above contains all gesture navigation features in Pie (link).

Actually, the more I experiment with it, the more I like the new mode, might just keep it ... 😄

Edited by claude0001
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

The link above contains all gesture navigation features in Pie (link).

Actually, the more I experiment with it, the more I like the new mode, might just keep it ... 😄

Yeah from Android 10 it got better. To me the main advantages of gesture navigation are:

• More screen real estate cause no navigation bar
  • No need to reach for the bottom of the screen to go back

There are apps that let you set it up though on Android 9 which is what I did on stock with my Pro1. Used an app called gesture control. We are somewhat off topic though.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1

I have installed and set up LineageOS 18.1 on my daily driver.
So far I like it, it is light years faster than my earlier setup and I think it is faster than the original system was initially.

Everything seems to work well with the help of Magisk, so far I like it.

One thing what I miss is the ability of setting different ringtones for incoming calls on different SIM cards.
I would like to distinguish if the call is coming on my company or private number and I have found some abandoned tickets about this problem but I haven't found a solution in system settings although I think it should not be an uncommon thing.

Previously I was using DualSimRinger which worked somewhat rhapsodically and it is also not better under LineageOS. 

I still have to redo my own layout for physical keyboard but I am basically satisfied.

3 hours ago, Slion said:

I don't really understand this issue.

For me, if the application was used in portrait orientation, then it is displayed in portrait in task switcher. If it was used in landscape orientation, it is displayed in landscape even if the orientation was switched and regardless of keyboard state.

If I open an application in portrait, another in landscape, another in portrait and another in landscape, then I will have two landscape and two portrait images in task switcher which only changes when I open one of them in a different orientation.

Have I missed something?

5 hours ago, VaZso said:

don't really understand this issue.

Maybe a video would help. 

To reproduce you need to use navigation gesture, not be on the home screen and use the gesture to bring the task switcher rather than alt+tab and have the keyboard open. Then once broken task switcher is open you can open and close your keyboard like I did in the video and see how it goes from broken to usual mode.

(lineage-18.1-20210823-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on August 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

...But the reintroduced Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed, see above.
Did not try to do a factory reset first...

• Like 2

The task-switcher IS quite confusing, and buggy when opened.

If working with the keyboard CLOSED, and with autorotate on, it works as expected, Right/Left to switch, and Up to close.. (Though slightly confusing that the 'screenshots' is from last used orientation, and not what you will get selecting it)
When the keyboard is OPEN, the task-switcher is double rotated. That is it works Up/Down switches, and Left closes held normally in landscape (And held tilted to portrait it works as it ought to in landscape, rotated only once)

ADD:
It also matters how HORIZONTAL you hold it, as auto-rotate has some about 30° tolerance, for not flipping randomly when the base of the device is (close to) flat on a table.

Some will thus never see the bug, if their usage is to flip it open in portrait, and then tilt the base forward to below the limit before rotating to landscape, with the base kept fairly horizontal. Though raising the device so the base gets above the limit will of course also trigger the bug for them.

ADD II
I guess what we really want is that Keyboard Open should overrule the physical rotation of the device and force it as landscape, (no matter the Autorotate setting).

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210823-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on August 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

...But the reintroduced Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed, see above.
Did not try to do a factory reset first...

Worked well here too when applied OTA.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Slion said:

Worked well here too when applied OTA.

Are they still sending the full images for OTA updates, or are they doing incremental upgrades.

Last I tried the full image OTA it was terribly slow. Much faster with manual download, and a batch-file - and it is easier if you need to reflash. ;)

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

When the keyboard is OPEN, the task-switcher is double rotated. That is it works Up/Down switches, and Left closes held normally in landscape (And held tilted to portrait it works as it ought to in landscape, rotated only once)

Yup that's what that bug I've opened is about. Hope they can get it fixed. I guess it would help if you post on GitLab too.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Are they still sending the full images for OTA updates, or are they doing incremental upgrades.

Last I tried the full image OTA it was terribly slow. Much faster with manual download, and a batch-file - and it is easier if you need to reflash. ;)

Full update I guess, the package was over 700MB. It was not exactly speedy to apply but since it does its stuff in the background it a no-brainer.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Slion said:

Are you using gesture navigation? How did you invoke the task switcher? From where did you invoke it from, home screen or other app?

Right, I don't use gestures... It's the same, though, whether I come from the home screen or from another app.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Slion said:

Reproduced here:

I'm interested to see if anyone in the LOS community is actually working on Pro1 specific bugs. They ought to surely, since they partnered with F(x)tec for Pro1X through XDA I guess.

I'll have to try to a build LOS 18.1 myself I wonder if that's doable on Windows using WLS.

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Sorry for a dumb question, but when I sideload an updated LineageOS, should I also always sideload Gapps?

So will LineageOS update everything or only if the same file exists?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The task-switcher IS quite confusing, and buggy when opened.

If working with the keyboard CLOSED, and with autorotate on, it works as expected, Right/Left to switch, and Up to close.. (Though slightly confusing that the 'screenshots' is from last used orientation, and not what you will get selecting it)

ADD:
It also matters how HORIZONTAL you hold it, as auto-rotate has some about 30° tolerance, for not flipping randomly when the base of the device is (close to) flat on a table.

Some will thus never see the bug, if their usage is to flip it open in portrait, and then tilt the base forward to below the limit before rotating to landscape, with the base kept fairly horizontal. Though raising the device so the base gets above the limit will of course also trigger the bug for them.

ADD II
I guess what we really want is that Keyboard Open should overrule the physical rotation of the device and force it as landscape, (no matter the Autorotate setting).

For what it's worth, I never have auto-rotate turned on.  That allows me to occasionally use rotate lock (the little weird icon that mysteriously pops up in the nav bar-- though it may pop up without the nav bar) to get specific rotation effects.  I use it to lock Kindle in portrait while I have keyboard out as a handle for easier holding while reading... Kindle in landscape sucks!  😉

I never have trouble with apps not going into landscape when keyboard is out unless the app just doesn't do landscape at all and the auto rotate doesn't help.  I've always kept autorotate off on all my phones...I always hated things switching just because I changed the angle of my hand.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, VaZso said:

Sorry for a dumb question, but when I sideload an updated LineageOS, should I also always sideload Gapps?

So will LineageOS update everything or only if the same file exists?

I'm assuming Gapps should survive LOS sideload update much like it survived my OTA update @EskeRahn should know.

• Like 1

I can't reproduce that task-switcher bug anymore. I did a reboot earlier so I'm going to assume that fixed it... and as I was writing this I realised I did enable that Allow Home screen rotation in that Trebuchet Home app. Sure enough once you enable that option you can't reproduce the bug. Disable it and it is back. That makes it low priority bug then cause I guess most Pro1 users including myself will have this enabled.

• Like 1

Again, if it makes a difference, I never have used Trebuchet.  I use Nova sometimes and Launch Time sometimes (can't make up my mind which I like better because, since I rarely use my Pro1 in portrait, it really doesn't make much difference)

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Slion said:

I'm assuming Gapps should survive LOS sideload update much like it survived my OTA update @EskeRahn should know.

So I think it does an update file by file instead of pulling up like an image or this kind of sideloaded application already lies on a separate partition.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Slion said:

Sorry I do not. I always flash first the bootloader, then the main image to (a), and finally the gapps package to (b).
As I never really tried to figure out the logic, just made a batchfile implementing a step-by-step guide from @tdm

(The root-part is a rudiment from 16.0)

@ECHO off
if %2.==. goto :EOF
ECHO * Wait for boot to bootloader to finish (or do manually holding VolDown+Power)
adb reboot bootloader
pause
fastboot flash boot_a %1
shift
fastboot --set-active=a
REM fastboot reboot recovery    does not work, so do manually:
ECHO * Roll down to "Recovery Mode" with VolDown, and press Power to select.
ECHO * Await recovery boot. Select "Apply update", "Apply from ADB" for main flash
pause
adb sideload %1
TimeOut 5 /nobreak>nul
shift
if %1.==. goto :NORM
ECHO * From main menu, select Advanced, "Reboot to recovery".
ECHO * Await recovery boot. Select "Apply update", "Apply from ADB" to add Gapps
pause
ECHO * If prompted (shortly after 47%%) tap "yes" to "...Install anyway"
adb sideload %1
TimeOut 5 /nobreak>nul
shift
if %1.==. goto :NORM
ECHO * From main menu, select Advanced, "Reboot to recovery".
ECHO * Await recovery boot. Select "Apply update", "Apply from ADB" to add ROOT
pause
if /I NOT %1.==ROOT. adb sideload %1
if /I     %1.==ROOT. adb sideload LineageOS\addonsu-16.0-arm64-signed.zip
TimeOut 5 /nobreak>nul
:NORM
ECHO * From main menu, select Reboot.
ECHO **DONE** Should now boot into LineageOS

and then a few helper batch calling each other

@if NOT %2.==. %~dp0LineageFlash.bat %1 %2 %~dp0LineageOS\open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210712.zip %3

called by

@if NOT %1.==. %~DP0\LineageFLASH_OpenGapps11.BAT %~DP0\LineageOS\lineage-18.1-%1-recovery-pro1.img %~DP0\LineageOS\lineage-18.1-%1-nightly-pro1-signed.zip

so I after download just need to run e.g.

LineageFLASH181 20210823

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1