LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

I have screenshot included on mine and I'm pretty sure I didn't when I first installed 18.1, nor did I find the option to include it back then.  Unless I was just blind.  I'm glad to have it back... I find it much more convenient there.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

No, it defeats one purpose of using lineage.  Having up-to-date security patches, a more stable version  of Android, having just the Gapps you prefer and not all installed as system apps are also reas

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Hook said:

I have screenshot included on mine and I'm pretty sure I didn't when I first installed 18.1, nor did I find the option to include it back then.  Unless I was just blind.  I'm glad to have it back... I find it much more convenient there.

Same here... 🙂

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2021 at 5:19 PM, Rob. S. said:

Screenshot_20210531-171345_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.432cc75fa0cf3804f6fb6f2e8703470d.png

Screenshot_20210531-171356_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.4a50028050d0162208e375f430cac3e6.png

Screenshot_20210531-171406_Nova_Launcher.thumb.png.27b39da600c7f3639d16ed9a162aed90.png

Oh, so it looks like they backported the screenshot tile. But I must admit I prefer the power menu from 17.0, or actually the one from Nougat! 😉 Looks like waiting a couple of weeks before they backport all the stuff is a good heuristic!

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by marmistrz
  • Like 1

Is anyone else having trouble installing Magisk on 18.1?

I just "dirty" upgraded (as in without wiping anything, as described in the official upgrade instructions) all the way from 16.0 to the May 31 build (which worked fine), installed gapps, booted, then tried to install Magisk:

• Version 23 by installing the APK and patching boot.img (apparently this is known not to work?)
  • Version 23 by sideloading from recovery
  • Version 21.4 by sideloading from recovery

...and all of these cause my phone to get stuck in the boot animation forever (not even a proper bootloop, it doesn't restart, the animation just keeps playing) until I flash back the untouched May 31 boot.img.

How would I even troubleshoot this, is there any way to get logs?

Can I safely downgrade to earlier 18.1 builds without wiping anything and see if it works there?

2 hours ago, daxxy said:

Is anyone else having trouble installing Magisk on 18.1?

I just "dirty" upgraded (as in without wiping anything, as described in the official upgrade instructions) all the way from 16.0 to the May 31 build (which worked fine), installed gapps, booted, then tried to install Magisk:

• Version 23 by installing the APK and patching boot.img (apparently this is known not to work?)
  • Version 23 by sideloading from recovery
  • Version 21.4 by sideloading from recovery

...and all of these cause my phone to get stuck in the boot animation forever (not even a proper bootloop, it doesn't restart, the animation just keeps playing) until I flash back the untouched May 31 boot.img.

How would I even troubleshoot this, is there any way to get logs?

Can I safely downgrade to earlier 18.1 builds without wiping anything and see if it works there?

No troubles with Magisk 23.0 and the 31May update here, so I suspect something went awry with making that big of a jump.

• Like 1

Solved it. It probably wasn't Magisk itself but an incompatible module that was still installed. Moved everything that looked Magisk-related (find / -iname '*magisk*' 2>/dev/null, same with riru) to the sdcard, rebooted into recovery, sideloaded Magisk-v23.0.zip and it works now.

• Like 2

(lineage-18.1-20210607-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

Please note:
The keyboard selection was broken with the 20210607, beyond what a factory reset can fix!
See this thread.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210607-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

Same here, using OTA (without precautions for MindTheGapps and Magisk, which still are functional after reboot).