LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

Update to lineage-18.1-20210705-nightly-pro1-signed with the June 5th security patch with Magisk 23.0 and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247 completed successfully via adb sideload

Edited by Hook
Haha grabbed the wrong file name
  • Like 2
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

On 7/5/2021 at 5:27 PM, Hook said:

Update to lineage-18.1-20210705-nightly-pro1-signed with the June 5th security patch with Magisk 23.0 and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247 completed successfully via adb sideload

Success here with OTA update, too, which kept Magisk and MindThe Gapps as they were. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

Success here with OTA update, too, which kept Magisk and MindThe Gapps as they were. 

I'm pretty sure I don't really need to reflash Magisk or Gapps each time, but it's quick and easy, so I do.  🙂

• Like 1

(lineage-18.1-20210712-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on June 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210412_124247)

Then redid with the new OpenGapps 11, Including a WIPE of the user data!

(lineage-18.1-20210712-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on June 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

• Like 3

I have installed both lineage-18.1-20210614-nightly-pro1-signed and lineage-18.1-20210712-nightly-pro1-signed 

both of them acting strange, when I try to make a phone call, the dialer app doesn´t go into the call active mode, but stays as it was before pressing the green handset. nothing in the status bar show an active call either, so only way the end the call is to power off the phone. 

then Some Microsoft Office 365 apps won´t start, like Onedrive and excel, but Teams and sharepoint works fine.   this issue was seen on the 20210614 build, stayed when doing an OTA upgrade, but dissapeared when doing a factory reset- 

56 minutes ago, pebert said:

I have installed both lineage-18.1-20210614-nightly-pro1-signed and lineage-18.1-20210712-nightly-pro1-signed 

both of them acting strange, when I try to make a phone call, the dialer app doesn´t go into the call active mode, but stays as it was before pressing the green handset. nothing in the status bar show an active call either, so only way the end the call is to power off the phone. 

then Some Microsoft Office 365 apps won´t start, like Onedrive and excel, but Teams and sharepoint works fine.   this issue was seen on the 20210614 build, stayed when doing an OTA upgrade, but dissapeared when doing a factory reset- 

All I can address is that on mine , the dialer app is fine.  I don't have any Microsoft apps.

6 hours ago, pebert said:

can someone help me setting up the development environment for building lineage OS for Pro1?

The instructions in the LineageOS wiki are really good. Just follow them and make sure not to miss any steps:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/build

It is really not that hard. I have been self-building LOS 16.0 without issues for some time now, although I understand next to nothing about the internals of the build system ...   

Even if you have some Linux running on your main PC already, I strongly suggest to set up a dedicated VM with the latest Ubuntu LTS to stay as close as possible to the recommended environment. Ubuntu Server is sufficient btw. (and much easier on your VM), you won't need any GUI tools.

Make sure to assign enough disk space, though. Although the final ROMs are only ~600 MB, the sources and building process easily consume around 150 GB. The build will fail if it runs out of disk space. CPU and RAM are less critical than the wiki suggests: My VM has only 3 cores and 6 GB. Builds take 10-12 h, including download of the sources over a 100 Mbit/s line.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 7/14/2021 at 9:30 AM, pebert said:

When I try to make a phone call, the dialer app doesn´t go into the call active mode, but stays as it was before pressing the green handset. nothing in the status bar show an active call either, so only way the end the call is to power off the phone.

Hi, i can't help for the office thing but I had the same trouble for the phone app. It looks stupid but there is no default phone app selected so it just don't know what to do with calls. Go in apps settings, select default apps and phone is probably empty and it shouldn't be, which was the case for me.

Edited by benoitjeffrey
Typo
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

lineage-18.1-20210726-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on July 5 2021 security patch installed smoothly using OTA
....and the input issue is solved!! AMAZING JOB!!

https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3321
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_native/+/312770/3#message-38cd89dc8bbd979418ae520841df099f05831d8a

Special thanks to @EskeRahn and @Sean McCreary

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 7/23/2021 at 2:08 PM, benoitjeffrey said:

can't help for the office thing but I had the same trouble for the phone app. It looks stupid but there is no default phone app selected so it just don't know what to do with calls. Go in apps settings, select default apps and phone is probably empty and it shouldn't be, which was the case for me.

After  installing LineageOS 16 and then back to 18.1  together wit nikgapps core it works like a charm. 

• Like 1
On 7/26/2021 at 1:19 AM, TeZtdevice said:

lineage-18.1-20210726-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on July 5 2021 security patch installed smoothly using OTA
....and the input issue is solved!! AMAZING JOB!!

https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3321
https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_native/+/312770/3#message-38cd89dc8bbd979418ae520841df099f05831d8a

Special thanks to @EskeRahn and @Sean McCreary

Users on other devices reported problems with the touchscreen after this change when using certain apps. Consequently, it has been pulled for now :-( If we can fix the problems with the touchscreen, it will be resubmitted and merged again.

This means next week's build will have the old bug. If this will cause you problems, please don't update until the August security patches have been merged. With luck we will have a fix by then :-) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
3 hours ago, Sean McCreary said:

Users on other devices reported problems with the touchscreen after this change when using certain apps. Consequently, it has been pulled for now 😞 If we can fix the problems with the touchscreen, it will be resubmitted and merged again.

This means next week's build will have the old bug. If this will cause you problems, please don't update until the August security patches have been merged. With luck we will have a fix by then 🙂

Thanks a lot!
Yes, I read the new changelog and I won´t update my system 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

(lineage-18.1-20210809-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on August 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

...But keyboard bug reintroduced is not yet fixed, see comment from @Sean McCreary above.
Did not try to do a factory reset first...
But did try to flash back to 0726, and that claimed the data to be corrupt, so was forced to reset...
So made a third flash WITH a wipe... and that did not work with the 0809, so went back to 0726, with another wipe required. And things work again. I hope for better luck next week . 😇

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210809-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on August 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

...But keyboard bug reintroduced is not yet fixed, see comment from @Sean McCreary above.
Did not try to do a factory reset first...
But did try to flash back to 0726, and that claimed the data to be corrupt, so was forced to reset...
So made a third flash WITH a wipe... and that did not work with the 0809, so went back to 0726, with another wipe required. And things work again. I hope for better luck next week . 😇

Yes, today's build has the August 5th security patches but not the fix for the keymap bug. Trying to flash an older release triggers the rollback protection in the closed source components, and will force a factory reset to recover :-(

Unfortunately we haven't found a fix for the problems with the touchscreen on other devices. This leaves us with a difficult choice, between the security patches and proper keymap support when the accessibility hook is enabled. I don't have any easy answer (other than building your own OS image), but the full details of the August security patches are here: 

https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2021-08-01

My suggestion is to not use apps that use the accessibility hook until we have a better fix for the keymap bug.

• Thanks 4
13 hours ago, Sean McCreary said:

My suggestion is to not use apps that use the accessibility hook until we have a better fix for the keymap bug.

Thanks for the reply. I personally merely use Lineage for tests currently (so no big deal with resets). I'm just reporting so others can decide if they should upgrade or stay on the 20210726 for now. 🙂

If someone need an app that uses the accessibility keyboard hook and interferes, but does not use it frequently one can consider as another option to leave the accessibility off for the app, and only turn it on when needed temporarily. People should also note that it is not all apps using the accesibility hooks that interfere. (e.g. There are no issues with Greenify)

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Hmm... Is it possible to downgrade from LineageOS 18.1 to 17.1 without data loss (before upgrading to 18.1 again)?

No. We are not even allowed to downgrade from 18.1 20210809 to 20210726

...Though there is a SLIM possibility that it might work it works, if you do not attempt to boot into 17.1, but stay at bootloader or recovery level

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

...Though there is a SLIM possibility that it might work, if you do not attempt to boot into 17.1, but stay at bootloader or recovery level

IT WORKS!!!! 😮😮

Here is what I did

1. boot to bootloader
  2. fastboot flash boot_a  lineage-17.1-20210222-recovery-pro1.img
  3. Roll down to "Recovery Mode" with VolDown, and press Power to select.
  4. Await recovery boot. Select "Apply update", "Apply from ADB" for main flash
  5. adb sideload lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-pro1-signed.zip
  6. From main menu, select Advanced, "Reboot to recovery".
  7. Await recovery boot. Select "Apply update", "Apply from ADB" to add Gapps
  8. adb sideload  open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20210327.zip
  9. If prompted (shortly after 47%) tap "yes" to "...Install anyway"
  10. Main menu, advanced, reboot to bootloader

then ran
   fastboot getvar all
just to do something with fastboot....

Repeated step 2-9 with lineage-18.1-20210726.... and open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210712.zip
(and from main menu selected reboot)

• Thanks 2