Can't believe it's finally happened. (Cracked Screen)

Does anyone have a link to a non-glass screen protector that goes around the curves on our phones (that ships to the USA)?  I ordered 2 from aliexpress in 2019, but can't find the 2nd one.  I can't seem to locate any on there now.

I did find this one on Amazon.  It states it is made for curved screens and goes to the edge, but the photos aren't very convincing, nor is the single review (about it having a 1 mm gap at the bottom).

https://www.amazon.com/atFoliX-Protector-Compatible-Elephone-Protection/dp/B0792HRC7T/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=AFA7IVJWKV00&keywords=Atfolix+elephone+u+pro+screen&qid=1690220791&sprefix=atfolix+elephone+u+pro+screen%2Caps%2C232&sr=8-2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I replaced my screen. All in all it took me about an hour I think, spread over three days. First I removed the screen with the help of my trusty hairdryer. I bought this hairdryer a couple of years

I bet that was the hardest part, to leave that bottle untouched for 48 hours? 😂

so, just to get back to you - i received today my new screen for the Pro1. switching the screens was easy.  the new screen works like a breeze, 100% responsive touch surface, OLED fine too, though the

Posted Images

On 7/25/2023 at 3:29 AM, david said:

I ordered 2 of these a while back.  I have not tried replacing my Pro1 screen with one of them yet though, so can't report on any imperfections.

https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256805194536442.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.1e94f19cvAhrpJ&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

That seller has the same "black spots" disclaimer, unfortunately.

• Sad 2
On 7/24/2023 at 6:53 PM, david said:

Does anyone have a link to a non-glass screen protector that goes around the curves on our phones

This is the one I ordered for my Pro¹X. It's flexible to go over the curved edges.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Protector-Full-Cover-for-Fxtec-Pro-1-X-Curved-Screen-Edge-Protection-Film/354228313766?pageci=bbf511a3-636d-4f7f-a400-fa3c71e3d2cc&redirect=mobile

I'm in the UK; it shipped for Germany.

16 minutes ago, Tim6263 said:

This is the one I ordered for my Pro¹X. It's flexible to go over the curved edges.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Protector-Full-Cover-for-Fxtec-Pro-1-X-Curved-Screen-Edge-Protection-Film/354228313766?pageci=bbf511a3-636d-4f7f-a400-fa3c71e3d2cc&redirect=mobile

I'm in the UK; it shipped for Germany.

Postage:

Doesn't post to United States. See detailsfor postage
Located in: Konstanz, Germany, Germany

On 7/22/2023 at 5:15 PM, pistikem said:

i luckily kept my 6%-broken touchscreen (A) from 3y ago which i had at that time replaced with this current one (B) - which just broke a few hours ago... 

now, inserting that old just partially broken screen (A) seems to work as before, the upper 6% of the screen are non-responsive as before but at least i can use large parts of the screen !!!  i may be able to live with that for the time being - while i will be waiting for a new spare part (C).  so, in sum, it's not the worst case scenario this way...

anyway, i will be waiting patiently to hear back from Fxtec support team !

so, just to get back to you - i received today my new screen for the Pro1. switching the screens was easy.  the new screen works like a breeze, 100% responsive touch surface, OLED fine too, though the included screen protector foil is somewhat useless.  let's hope the box will work for another few years till they come out with the Pro2 (hopefully).  i still use the original stock Android version.  it's just that cursed finger print reader that drives me crazy at times.  things otherwise work as expected (camera, phone, signal, Wireguard VPN, Termux).  so, ende gut, alles gut !  i may now calmly start my vacation trip in 2 days...

• Like 5