Jump to content

Can't believe it's finally happened. (Cracked Screen)


Recommended Posts

On 4/17/2022 at 7:28 AM, ToniCipriani said:

Don't bother with the strips. Didn't even remotely held the screen in mine and how I broke my first replacement.

For 100% Original Elephone U U Pro Amoled Lcd Display +touch Screen Digitizer Assembly Replacement Parts 5.99 Inch 18:9 Stock - Mobile Phone Lcd Screens - AliExpress

This is the one I bought, though my second one has the chipped corner issue. 

It was more about that I did not receive what I ordered. They could have left the tools as well out of the box and that would have not mattered that much in practice, but it's about a principle. AliExpress resolved the dispute by returning 12 Euros back to me, which I accepted.

I will probably try to install the screen this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I replaced my screen. All in all it took me about an hour I think, spread over three days. First I removed the screen with the help of my trusty hairdryer. I bought this hairdryer a couple of years

I bet that was the hardest part, to leave that bottle untouched for 48 hours? 😂

I'm baa-aaack. (After a stay in hospital (AGAIN.))🥵 So I've finally gone and cracked my screen 😢. Despite the phone being in a case when I dropped it the darn thing bounced out of the case when i

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

Unfortunately I broke the display in my Pro1 😞

Is there any easy way to replace it?

Order a display for Elephone U Pro then find somebody who can do the replacement for you if you did not do similar job earlier.

The process is much easier than other phones.

However, such displays on Aliexpress usually have one/two small problems (dark places) at display edges but otherwise these are working displays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Order a display for Elephone U Pro then find somebody who can do the replacement for you if you did not do similar job earlier.

The process is much easier than other phones.

However, such displays on Aliexpress usually have one/two small problems (dark places) at display edges but otherwise these are working displays.

heh...i have dark edges on display from start using my fx 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CornholioGSM said:

heh...i have dark edges on display from start using my fx 🙂

I did not have such a problem with my daily driver but that display has gone a long time ago.

Every displays I bough then (from Aliexpress) had one or two smaller or bigger black spots at corners, but they are small...
...also one of them had a bigger black circle in a very wrong position of the display, but that was only one of them.

However, my second Pro1 which arrived with a cracked display frame (only frame) and excessive rattling problem and which was repaired by F(x)tec (maybe screen assembly replacement, rattling remained)... so I have charged that phone before I changed its USB port to my daily driver and I have found it also has a minor problem of one edge (that is a stock screen).

Generally these displays like to have such a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

No chance to order a whole replacement screen assembly from the support?

It is a bit expensive but they sell the screen together with frame and a battery if you look at their IGG site.

I don't know when they are going to ship them but hopefully it may happen soon as mass manufacturing of Pro1-X is really happening...

...but still ordering from Aliexpress may be faster...

Edited by VaZso
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the end I ordered this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32956500815.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_home.productList_5428177.pic_4

It will take a month to ship, but probably still faster than IGG. I wonder if there is any difference in battery between Pro1 and Pro1X - the bundle includes spare screen and spare battery, a good thing to have before a new keyboard phone appears.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not trust IGG-campaign as a way to get parts. If FxTec support recommends to buy third party official screens it really does not strike confidence that those would be delivered anytime soon through the IGG.

They would sell their parts through their official store if they were capable of doing so. At least that's my two cents.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joakim said:

I would not trust IGG-campaign as a way to get parts. If FxTec support recommends to buy third party official screens it really does not strike confidence that those would be delivered anytime soon through the IGG.

They would sell their parts through their official store if they were capable of doing so. At least that's my two cents.

What the sell on Igg is not just the display, but the display mounted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:
14 hours ago, Joakim said:

I would not trust IGG-campaign as a way to get parts. If FxTec support recommends to buy third party official screens it really does not strike confidence that those would be delivered anytime soon through the IGG.

They would sell their parts through their official store if they were capable of doing so. At least that's my two cents.

What the sell on Igg is not just the display, but the display mounted.

True; still, to the best of my knowledge there haven't been any shipments of that display assembly by the manufacturer as a spare part for many months. Of course, with the new phones now being in production, that may change any day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

True; still, to the best of my knowledge there haven't been any shipments of that display assembly by the manufacturer as a spare part for many months. Of course, with the new phones now being in production, that may change any day.

That was my (attempted) point. That despite it is fairly easy to get the display it self, that does not in it self mean they can deliver the assembly in the perk. We have no idea what components/resources that are in shortest supply, but I would guess that they will prioritise to produce entire devices.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms