Can't believe it's finally happened. (Cracked Screen)

Nah bruv, not this one 😅. It hit the frame 😭. Luckily I still have one frame left. But I would prefer to keep that one in tact. Still figuring out what to do.

Do have one question for you all. The transparent glue is like the dumbest thing to do. Anyone recommend a black glue (bleeding)?

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first spider app ever and I am sure a proper case would have prevented that. I really hope f(x)tec release one soon. I tried 3D-printing on, but it didn't fit, even though the printer is properly calibrated.

So I bought the replacement screen from DragonBox shop and replaced it. The new screen only seems to register touch press on the flat area and not on the curved part when first pressed. However, if I start the touch on a flat part and move the finde to the edge over the curved part, it is still recognized. This is very annoying when trying to hit buttons on the edge of an app, like search and menu buttons. I found this out with the options "Show taps" and "Pointer Location" from the developer menu enabled.

Anyone else got this issue and knows how to fix it?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, fxtec11 said:

So I bought the replacement screen from DragonBox shop and replaced it. The new screen only seems to register touch press on the flat area and not on the curved part when first pressed. However, if I start the touch on a flat part and move the finde to the edge over the curved part, it is still recognized.

That's a known phenomenon. As far I know, there are several ways to fix it, depending on what operating system you run, and whether you are ready to do a full data wipe or not.

It's all in this thread:

I suggest to contact Dragonbox ( @EvilDragon ), they'll probably know best what to do ...

Edit: Dragonbox.de even have note about this on their product page: https://www.dragonbox.de/en/spare-parts-tools/lcds/fx-tec-pro1-replacement-lcd

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1