Pro1 on LineageOS 18.1 only charges if I reboot it first

I currently have two Pro1s on Lineage, and am unable to reproduce the issue, no matter how much I let it charge or discharge, and no matter if it is a slow or quick charger.

One of them recently factory reset (had AICP on it before). So unless there are unknown hardware sub-variants, it must be something different we got installed that somehow triggers (or remedies) the issue.The only explicitly battery-related I got installed is GSAM battery manager, and 3C all-in-one Toolbox. Both just monitoring the usage.

• Like 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In case you have root, you can take a look at /sys/class/power_supply/... For my Moto Z Play, I made an Automate Flow (script) to read and write to certain files (e.g. in /sys/class/power_supply/

I just had this issue for the first time yesterday (after only ever having run Lineage 18 on the phone since I got it a year ago). Rebooting appeared to solve it and everything seemed fine again.

As I read what @3zet writes, the point is if you have some software that stops charging when full (to prolong battery life when constantly connected). Charging ought to be accepted again once bel

Posted Images

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I currently have two Pro1s on Lineage, and am unable to reproduce the issue, no matter how much I let it charge or discharge, and no matter if it is a slow or quick charger.

One of them recently factory reset (had AICP on it before). So unless there are unknown hardware sub-variants, it must be something different we got installed that somehow triggers (or remedies) the issue.The only explicitly battery-related I got installed is GSAM battery manager, and 3C all-in-one Toolbox. Both just monitoring the usage.

I haven't noticed this issue on my phone either.

I also have GSM battery manager and 3C all-in-one Toolbox installed and this is an early Pro1 if that matters.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I am still having this problem most of the time. Even if I charge the phone up to say 95%, to avoid it getting to 100%, letting it drain to 16% I still need to reboot to charge it.  My serial number is in the 000500 range, currently running Lineage 18.1 from 30 Aug 2021. No battery apps installed.

• 2 months later...

I'm also facing this issue, it started after I re-flashed my Pro1 to LOS 18.1. Sometimes the charging works just fine for about 1-2 weeks, but sometimes it happens daily basis. I don't have a clue what triggers this bug and I haven't found any other solution than reboot the phone. After the reboot the phone begins to charge immediately.

At the moment I've LOS18.1, with the most recent update installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It has been a few weeks without the charging issue, since I shutdown the device for a few minutes.

I never shut in down normally, but one day it had many small issues at once, no fix on GPS, bluetooth not responding and disabled by itself, android auto didn't connect at all. By trying to reboot the thing, I mistakenly shut it down, but started it immediatly. At that time still no joy. 

Later, realising that I always keep it powered on, I shut it down for a few minutes and then I had no more charging issues for at least the last few weeks, same for my other issues.

I would guess it's not a permanent fix but at least there's less worry for now.

• Thanks 2

I am having the same charging issue.

This problem has started since August of this year (LineageOS 18.1), it occurs 3 to 4 times par 2 weeks (I charge pro1 everyday at night).

I can not find out in what condition it occurs.

By the way, I found this on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/mofjx5/plugged_in_cant_charge_right_now/

It seems that the code has been fixed for Razer Phone.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_razer_msm8998/+/307874

Is this also able to apply to pro1, I wonder (I do not have the knowledge for this).

Edited by Frog
Add link to URL
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I just had this issue for the first time yesterday (after only ever having run Lineage 18 on the phone since I got it a year ago). Rebooting appeared to solve it and everything seemed fine again.

HOWEVER, this morning I noticed that my phone is expanding!! So I think I actually have a battery fault. Does anyone know anything about replacement batteries? Searching the forum, it does not look good!

• Sad 2