Jump to content

complaint problem, how long?


Recommended Posts

Please note that repeated mails pulls the oldest mail(s) back in the queue to the newest, so that only make things worse. ;-(

But indeed sad with the long repair-time. Unfortunately other users have also reported experiencing long repond/repair-times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Please note that repeated mails pulls the oldest mail(s) back in the queue to the newest, so that only make things worse. ;-(

But indeed sad with the long repair-time. Unfortunately other users have also reported experiencing long repond/repair-times.

Right, however, it is a very crazy solution - putting someone back replying to an issue created a long time ago.

One may not know if that is currently waiting in queue, put it on hold or closed without any notification.

Last time they told me they have booked a replacement USB board for me but they haven't requested shipment info.
However, I gave them my address on 4th of January, so practically a month ago... however, I have also asked them when they are expect it to be sent but no reply so far...
and my USB board is getting worse by time going... However, this case has started on 24th of November...

Edited by VaZso
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

long repair-time

Also with looooong shipping time. I opted to change the screen myself, in order to avoid the delays (2x shipping, repair time etc). Last communication from Fxtec was that they'll receive the spare screens in November and they'll send one to me. "Just" +2 months from their own "deadline"/promise and my phone is barely usable.

Yeah, yeah, I know... chipset crisis, fuel crisis, ukrainian crisis, covid crisis, djokovic crisis, canada truckers... never fxtec fault, god forbid.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Please note that repeated mails pulls the oldest mail(s) back in the queue to the newest, so that only make things worse. ;-(

 

I'm not sure this is true if you have a service ticket, those emails that have an incident number and have the directions to type any further information/reply above the line.  Both in December 2020 and currently (Nov and Dec), it has never taken more than 2 weeks for them to reply. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the hope that it might lead to them fixing their inbox system at some point, I'd suggest you to use keywords as "urgently" or "as soon as possible" in your emails. I have the feeling that mentioning them gets messages to be prioritised. At least I suddenly got answers within a day to such an email...

I kinda feel bad for even mentioning it. But on the other hand their communication sucks so much, that I deem it acceptable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

In the hope that it might lead to them fixing their inbox system at some point, I'd suggest you to use keywords as "urgently" or "as soon as possible" in your emails. I have the feeling that mentioning them gets messages to be prioritised. At least I suddenly got answers within a day to such an email...

I kinda feel bad for even mentioning it. But on the other hand their communication sucks so much, that I deem it acceptable.

thanks I will try..

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hook said:

I'm not sure this is true if you have a service ticket, those emails that have an incident number and have the directions to type any further information/reply above the line.  Both in December 2020 and currently (Nov and Dec), it has never taken more than 2 weeks for them to reply. 

 

Good to know that it is less bad with a ticket. But from the "no answer" in the OP, this might not be the case here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pedro4444 said:

Hi all

please 
How long is complaint?
Because I sent my phone on complaint 11/2021. Package was delivery and now is more as two mounths and no answer.
I wrote 4x on [email protected]   and nothing  
Please Have you anybody next experience?

 

thanks

My experience is very bad. You can check my long story here:

In two weeks it will be ONE YEAR since I started my communication with support team. Since that time I still have the same case number. Long story short: they repaired my screen, but when assembled, camera went wrong, so after obtaining my "repaired" phone I had to send it back again. So now I am without my phone since 23.07.2021. No contact, no respond, no money.. nothing. I am frustrated.

 

13 hours ago, Hook said:

I'm not sure this is true if you have a service ticket, those emails that have an incident number and have the directions to type any further information/reply above the line.  Both in December 2020 and currently (Nov and Dec), it has never taken more than 2 weeks for them to reply. 

 

Well, I thought it should be like this. But I can show you whole my conversation. Sometimes its a month, sometimes 45days.. And now more than 3 months without reply.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Support Team (FX Technology Limited)

15 Oct 2021, 10:40 BST

We got it here thanks for the input.
Will update you soon on the repair.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

Don't hold your breath. This one was delivered in September. Heard Jack Shit since...

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Support Team (FX Technology Limited)

15 Oct 2021, 10:40 BST

We got it here thanks for the input.
Will update you soon on the repair.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards,
F(x)tec Support

Don't hold your breath. This one was delivered in September. Heard Jack Shit since...

Welcome on a similar boat.. Luckily sou know your phone is there. Team told me they don´t know where is mine.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's what they also told me! I posted it a while back. So where is it they asked? When I showed them the delivery report they said, ah yes we have it.

I'm not counting on ever seeing that phone returned to me. I consider our Pro1 adventure a > € 2500,- fiasco. Out of four three had to go back and took a minimum of three months to get repaired. This particular one has been at FxTec for over 12 months in total! If I ever get it back it will be a minth condition museum piece worth nothing.

I would not ever recommend buying an FxTec. In my case it was over 75% failure multiple times. Ridiculous repair time which has cost me more than 100,- in shipping costs so far. And, I have nothing to show for it. Maybe some goodwill with the two international buyers in the corners over the world. Anyway, fingers crossed for the Pro¹X. Whatever happens with that one, it will get a prominent place in this house to remind me of this fiasco.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Yeah, that's what they also told me! I posted it a while back. So where is it they asked? When I showed them the delivery report they said, ah yes we have it.

I'm not counting on ever seeing that phone returned to me. I consider our Pro1 adventure a > € 2500,- fiasco. Out of four three had to go back and took a minimum of three months to get repaired. This particular one has been at FxTec for over 12 months in total! If I ever get it back it will be a minth condition museum piece worth nothing.

I would not ever recommend buying an FxTec. In my case it was over 75% failure multiple times. Ridiculous repair time which has cost me more than 100,- in shipping costs so far. And, I have nothing to show for it. Maybe some goodwill with the two international buyers in the corners over the world. Anyway, fingers crossed for the Pro¹X. Whatever happens with that one, it will get a prominent place in this house to remind me of this fiasco.

Did you arranged FX-TEC pickup of the phone or did you sent it on your own?
EXACTLY!!!! Not counting on returning the phone.. Same do I 😞 I am very very sad about that. They got our money more than a year before the real shipment and now i can´t use the phone for another year. That was not a good investment 😞 The most frustrating is fact you cannot do literally anything to protect yourself. Any offence it just nonsence 😞

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They asked me to use the cheapest way to send it to them. If I had done that I would be totally fucked. My initial complaint was sent on the 21st of July. I sent it in September 10th, that's how long I had to wait for their troubleshooting service 😕 . On the 14th of October they blatantly asked me if I was ever going to send my phone. And that's when I replied with the tracking info and a screenshot. After that it was magically found. 7 months later still no phone. So I'm just assuming they're straight up lying. I could have ordered a new screen myself and tried that 😐 .
I bought myself a tablet for general use. And I'm still relying on my Unihertz Jelly2 as a daily. We'll see what/ if the Pro1X brings.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the potential of this phone but one day it just randomly rebooted and bricked and I lost everything on it. That was around February 2020. I got more help from this forum than any support.

With all the lack of support and problems, I got a Pixel and I haven't had any issues since. I mostly used the keyboard for remote desktop but now that I'm WFH I never need the keyboard. Plus the curved edge screens drove me mad. I'd end up touching the screen and tapping when trying to press the number keys and I swear I have small hands.

I really wanted to like this phone but yea... its just a few small things that kills it and support is eh. Good luck with getting a response!

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, DieBruine said:

They asked me to use the cheapest way to send it to them. If I had done that I would be totally fucked. My initial complaint was sent on the 21st of July. I sent it in September 10th, that's how long I had to wait for their troubleshooting service 😕 . On the 14th of October they blatantly asked me if I was ever going to send my phone. And that's when I replied with the tracking info and a screenshot. After that it was magically found. 7 months later still no phone. So I'm just assuming they're straight up lying. I could have ordered a new screen myself and tried that 😐 .
I bought myself a tablet for general use. And I'm still relying on my Unihertz Jelly2 as a daily. We'll see what/ if the Pro1X brings.

Yeah, exactly. I think exactly the same.  Thanks god my phone was picked up on their own, so they also have the tracking. Anyway, thats nothing to solve the situation now, we both are without our phones and both hitting our heads towards the wall, why we didn´t ordered the screen on our own 😕

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, Swond said:

Yeah, exactly. I think exactly the same.  Thanks god my phone was picked up on their own, so they also have the tracking. Anyway, thats nothing to solve the situation now, we both are without our phones and both hitting our heads towards the wall, why we didn´t ordered the screen on our own 😕

@EskeRahn

 

yes it is long time...
the same I still have not phone 😞
now it is 6 months and I had problem only with microphone.
if i knew it i would do it myself i would never buy other things again..

I wrote on support very much emails and nothing stil only emal from february:
Apologies for the late reply as the Team is quite busy.
Let me chase the engineer for an update.

Kind Regards,
Francisco

I do not know that can I do next...
Do you have some idea for help?
thanks 

Edited by pedro4444
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pedro4444 said:

Do you have some idea for help?

Unfortunately I do not know of any short cuts. We all hope things will look better when they got the Pro1X available, since at the least some of the devices in queue might be replaced with a new device. and hopefully they will have spare parts after the production run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 5/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, pedro4444 said:

@EskeRahn

Hi now i have feedback.
They have repair parts so my phone is repaired.
reason for waiting that they did not had parts...
So I wait on delivery....

Thank you for the update. Their communication could be better, but it's good to know that they did get back to you eventually and offer a solution for you. They are obviously short-staffed and overwhelmed with their responsibilities, but it sure looks like they're trying their hardest to make things happen.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silversolver said:

Thank you for the update. Their communication could be better, but it's good to know that they did get back to you eventually and offer a solution for you. They are obviously short-staffed and overwhelmed with their responsibilities, but it sure looks like they're trying their hardest to make things happen.

I think the other thing to look at is their perseverance. Given IGG offers no guarantee of delivery, most, given the obstacles they hit, might have thrown up their hands and walked away.  This small group of folks is making sure we get our phones come Hell or high water.  I can't believe they are going to have ended up with massive profits. They are doing this for the love of keyboard phones and they will deliver.  Thank you Chen and the rest!

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hook said:

I think the other thing to look at is their perseverance. Given IGG offers no guarantee of delivery, most, given the obstacles they hit, might have thrown up their hands and walked away.  This small group of folks is making sure we get our phones come Hell or high water.  I can't believe they are going to have ended up with massive profits. They are doing this for the love of keyboard phones and they will deliver.  Thank you Chen and the rest!

I hope they will also continue this work in the future.

The hardware is powerful enough also for a longer-term special use, so, for example, if native Linux kernel support would also be available later, that could lift the whole device to a higher level... (it could also give more power for native UBTouch / Mobian / Manjaro / PostmarketOS / etc. that case)

I hope they will be able to continue manufacturing till there will be demand for the very same device (so not affected highly with components shortage) and I really hope they have also plans for long-term direction, for example for a Pro2 in a few years...

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VaZso said:

I hope they will also continue this work in the future.

The hardware is powerful enough also for a longer-term special use, so, for example, if native Linux kernel support would also be available later, that could lift the whole device to a higher level... (it could also give more power for native UBTouch / Mobian / Manjaro / PostmarketOS / etc. that case)

I hope they will be able to continue manufacturing till there will be demand for the very same device (so not affected highly with components shortage) and I really hope they have also plans for long-term direction, for example for a Pro2 in a few years...

I'm amazed by their perseverance too. The small group take a lot of beating from angry users, and way too little praise, IMHO
I really hope they will continue to both produce PKB phones and support them.
If there will not be a successor I hope they will consider crowdfunding extended phone-support as long as possible for the chipset and security update. .
I have no idea what a year of support / minor development would cost, but they could come up with a number and see if we are enough that are willing to chip in. As a stretch goal they could offer those that chipped in  some special rate for service beyond warranty e.g. starting from half a year after we paid.
Personally I would gladly pay e.g. $50 a year. If it was not only security and critcal fixes, but also more general bugfixes and improvements, I might consider a higher number.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I'm amazed by their perseverance too. The small group take a lot of beating from angry users, and way too little praise, IMHO
I really hope they will continue to both produce PKB phones and support them.
If there will not be a successor I hope they will consider crowdfunding extended phone-support as long as possible for the chipset and security update. .
I have no idea what a year of support / minor development would cost, but they could come up with a number and see if we are enough that are willing to chip in. As a stretch goal they could offer those that chipped in  some special rate for service beyond warranty e.g. starting from half a year after we paid.
Personally I would gladly pay e.g. $50 a year. If it was not only security and critcal fixes, but also more general bugfixes and improvements, I might consider a higher number.

Yes You have true. My phone with qwerty was big surprise for my and I am very happy that They continue on next generation 2 fxtec...
So 
I am also willing to wait half a year for a guarantee when I know that it will come... Important is the result of a repair and not time ...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2022 at 8:35 PM, pedro4444 said:

Hi now i have feedback.
They have repair parts so my phone is repaired.

Same for me. Apparently some cables have been replaced and the screen. They also replaced my battery with a new one as a courtesy. I'm realy wondering which one will be in first. My engraved Pro1x, or the OG Pro1. Time will tell.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms