• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks, I just started working on the mainline kernel a few days ago with ichernev and so far I've got USB and simplefb up and going, no button, storage or regulators yet.

Hi. We(me+Ichernev) are currently messing around mainline kernel on Snapdragon 662. We are going to submit some base stuff pretty soon depending how maintainers will go on merging simple compatib

fxtec-qx1050:~$ kmscube Using display 0xffffaf300560 with EGL version 1.5 =================================== EGL information: version: "1.5" vendor: "Mesa Project" client extensions: "EGL_EXT_c

Posted Images

On 8/18/2022 at 7:08 AM, raymo said:

@claude0001
Android 12 remove access to the data folder (google "privacy" schizophrenic paranoia, or simply a way removing your right to access your own phone ?) so the archlinux container doesn't install properly, and I didn't find a way to correctly install scripts from SDRausty yet.
But I guess it will be a workaround in future, I really trust in the knowledge of this community to make the pro1-x better !

I was thinking about using bind mounts to achieve those kinds of things. Some apps don't know they exist but given the kernel version PRO¹-X is using (maybe the PRO¹ is using a close one to PRO¹-X), bind mounts and namespaces are well available in the mainline. From what I could poke already, it appears android has those too in the kernel. If the concept works right, that would mean SAF is a complete scam and not just badly implemented fancy pants security.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:30 AM, Aka said:

Hi.

We(me+Ichernev) are currently messing around mainline kernel on Snapdragon 662.
We are going to submit some base stuff pretty soon depending how maintainers will go on merging simple compatibles.
However we are working on other devices, Redmi 9T(me) and Oneplus N100(Ichernev).
While progress is going to be slow we will get there at some point, one of harder things will be Adreno 610 support due to no GMU but i hope this will be done by SoMainline for 665 SoC so we just can pick it.

Awesome! I hope this brings more possibilities for PRO¹-X!

On 8/16/2022 at 5:18 PM, claude0001 said:

If you want to run mainline Linux out of principle, I totally respect that. 👍

But, on the practical side: what do you think you would miss if you ran your favourite GNU distro in a container of Android, Sailfish or UBTouch, as proposed by @matf-kabouik or @Rob. S.?

The ability to run the phone for at least 5 years with uptodate kernel with security fixes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, claude0001 said:

Thanks to MaemoLeste, the N900 can run a 5.x.y kernel now (I should try it at some point). However also here, they had to somehow reuse the original closed-source driver for 3D graphics, and sadly, also the remaining hardware is only mostly supported. And that is 13 years after the device was released ... Not to be misunderstood: the MaemoLeste people do great work here, they are just too late to the party. Pretty good illustration of my point above, about how obsolescence catches up with the phones before their support in mainline Linux matures sufficiently for being practically useful. 😞

The interesting thing about Maemo Leste imo is that some of the targets (particularly the Motorola Droid 4) are more or less usable as a cellphone nowadays, especially running an OS as lightweight as maemo leste.

I even ran LineageOS on a Droid 4 as a regular phone until about 3 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Danct12 said:

And here is postmarketOS booting to getty on the Pro1X.

https://cdn.fosstodon.org/media_attachments/files/108/980/689/786/551/294/original/0791f254a0adf297.mp4

Nope, this is the Snapdragon 662 version of the Pro1X.

That sounds good, because most of us have it (or will have it). Doesn't it have 8GB of RAM? The picture shows only 6GB.

1 minute ago, Adamyno said:

That sounds good, because most of us have it (or will have it). Doesn't it have 8GB of RAM? The picture shows only 6GB.

You can get the Pro1X with 128GB UFS/6GB RAM.

Not to mention, this unit is a bit special because the chassis is not in blue, but rather the same color as the SDM835 Pro1 with XDA logo engraved and I did not pay for it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Danct12 said:

A Pro1X-et 128 GB UFS / 6 GB RAM-mal kaphatja meg.

Arról nem is beszélve, hogy ez az egység egy kicsit különleges, mert a ház nem  kék, hanem ugyanolyan színű, mint az XDA logóval gravírozott SDM835 Pro1, és nem fizettem érte.

I understand. Mine is 8/256GB in blue with SD662. Yours may be an early piece. Maybe the main components and SoC are the same.

11 minutes ago, Danct12 said:

Not to mention, this unit is a bit special because the chassis is not in blue, but rather the same color as the SDM835 Pro1 with XDA logo engraved and I did not pay for it.

Indiegogo samples were only available as blue, but after the Pro1 X had become available through Fxtec's website as well, from there it also could (and can) be ordered in black.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 year later...
fxtec-qx1050:~$ kmscube
Using display 0xffffaf300560 with EGL version 1.5
===================================
EGL information:
  version: "1.5"
  vendor: "Mesa Project"
  client extensions: "EGL_EXT_client_extensions EGL_EXT_device_base EGL_EXT_device_enumeration EGL_EXT_device_query EGL_EXT_platform_base EGL_KHR_client_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_debug EGL_EXT_platform_device EGL_EXT_explicit_device EGL_EXT_platform_wayland EGL_KHR_platform_wayland EGL_EXT_platform_x11 EGL_KHR_platform_x11 EGL_EXT_platform_xcb EGL_MESA_platform_gbm EGL_KHR_platform_gbm EGL_MESA_platform_surfaceless"
  display extensions: "EGL_ANDROID_blob_cache EGL_ANDROID_native_fence_sync EGL_EXT_buffer_age EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import_modifiers EGL_IMG_context_priority EGL_KHR_cl_event2 EGL_KHR_config_attribs EGL_KHR_context_flush_control EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_KHR_create_context_no_error EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_KHR_get_all_proc_addresses EGL_KHR_gl_colorspace EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_3D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_KHR_no_config_context EGL_KHR_reusable_sync EGL_KHR_surfaceless_context EGL_EXT_pixel_format_float EGL_KHR_wait_sync EGL_MESA_configless_context EGL_MESA_drm_image EGL_MESA_gl_interop EGL_MESA_image_dma_buf_export EGL_MESA_query_driver EGL_WL_bind_wayland_display "
OpenGL ES 2.x information:
  version: "OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.3.0"
  shading language version: "OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20"
  vendor: "freedreno"
  renderer: "FD610"
  extensions: "GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_depth24 GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_stencil8 GL_OES_texture_3D GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV GL_NV_conditional_render GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_APPLE_texture_max_level GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_viewport_array GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_NV_draw_buffers GL_NV_read_buffer GL_NV_read_depth GL_NV_read_depth_stencil GL_NV_read_stencil GL_APPLE_sync GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_instanced_arrays GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_robustness GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_NV_generate_mipmap_sRGB GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_OES_required_internalformat GL_OES_surfaceless_context GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_sRGB_write_control GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_EXT_shader_group_vote GL_EXT_shader_implicit_conversions GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_tessellation_point_size GL_EXT_tessellation_shader GL_ANDROID_extension_pack_es31a GL_EXT_base_instance GL_EXT_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_sub_texture GL_EXT_copy_image GL_EXT_draw_buffers_indexed GL_EXT_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_EXT_gpu_shader5 GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_primitive_bounding_box GL_EXT_render_snorm GL_EXT_shader_io_blocks GL_EXT_texture_border_clamp GL_EXT_texture_buffer GL_EXT_texture_cube_map_array GL_EXT_texture_norm16 GL_EXT_texture_view GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_NV_image_formats GL_NV_shader_noperspective_interpolation GL_OES_copy_image GL_OES_draw_buffers_indexed GL_OES_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_OES_gpu_shader5 GL_OES_primitive_bounding_box GL_OES_sample_shading GL_OES_sample_variables GL_OES_shader_io_blocks GL_OES_shader_multisample_interpolation GL_OES_tessellation_point_size GL_OES_tessellation_shader GL_OES_texture_border_clamp GL_OES_texture_buffer GL_OES_texture_cube_map_array GL_OES_texture_stencil8 GL_OES_texture_storage_multisample_2d_array GL_OES_texture_view GL_EXT_blend_func_extended GL_EXT_buffer_storage GL_EXT_float_blend GL_EXT_geometry_point_size GL_EXT_geometry_shader GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_R8 GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_RG8 GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_OES_geometry_point_size GL_OES_geometry_shader GL_OES_shader_image_atomic GL_EXT_clear_texture GL_EXT_clip_cull_distance GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture2 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc_srgb GL_MESA_shader_integer_functions GL_EXT_clip_control GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_memory_object GL_EXT_memory_object_fd GL_EXT_semaphore GL_EXT_semaphore_fd GL_EXT_texture_compression_bptc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_EXT_EGL_image_storage GL_EXT_shader_framebuffer_fetch_non_coherent GL_MESA_framebuffer_flip_y GL_EXT_demote_to_helper_invocation GL_EXT_depth_clamp GL_EXT_texture_query_lod GL_MESA_sampler_objects GL_MESA_bgra GL_MESA_texture_const_bandwidth "
Rendered 64 frames in 2.017350 sec (31.724791 fps)
Rendered 126 frames in 4.049673 sec (31.113621 fps)
Rendered 187 frames in 6.050687 sec (30.905582 fps)
Rendered 249 frames in 8.083112 sec (30.804967 fps)
Rendered 310 frames in 10.083703 sec (30.742674 fps)
Rendered 371 frames in 12.083781 sec (30.702311 fps)
Rendered 433 frames in 14.116392 sec (30.673560 fps)
Rendered 494 frames in 16.116870 sec (30.651113 fps)
Rendered 555 frames in 18.117154 sec (30.633950 fps)
Rendered 617 frames in 20.149215 sec (30.621540 fps)
Rendered 678 frames in 22.183522 sec (30.563226 fps)
Rendered 739 frames in 24.199440 sec (30.537896 fps)
Rendered 800 frames in 26.199686 sec (30.534717 fps)
Rendered 861 frames in 28.199953 sec (30.531966 fps)
Rendered 923 frames in 30.232805 sec (30.529750 fps)

GPU is working! 🎉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a repo we can build an image for the Pro1X for?

I use mine mostly as a pocket computer with Termux, but working Linux distro would be awesome! I tried droidian for a while but without GPU acceleration and power management it was not the greatest experience.

@sspiff I found (by username) these repos [0][1]. The 1st one is mainline kernel, the 2nd one is "ports" repo for postmarketos with scenarios for building images. I suggest using this instruction[2] to combine all this stuff - of course you'd need to replace kernel repo and ports repo with custom ones.

I'd also like to play with it, but probably after finishing other pending things. If you succeed with building the image - please share your instructions 🙂

[0] - https://gitlab.com/Danct12/linux-postmarketos/-/tree/fxtecpro1x-secondreturns?ref_type=heads

[1] - https://gitlab.com/Danct12/pmaports/-/tree/fxtecpro1-mainline?ref_type=heads

[2] - https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Pmbootstrap

Edited by zstas
  • Thanks 1
On 1/29/2024 at 11:33 AM, zstas said:

@sspiff I found (by username) these repos [0][1]. The 1st one is mainline kernel, the 2nd one is "ports" repo for postmarketos with scenarios for building images. I suggest using this instruction[2] to combine all this stuff - of course you'd need to replace kernel repo and ports repo with custom ones.

I started looking into these but sadly the kernel seems to be for the Pro1 with Snapdragon 835, not the Pro1-X

Nevermind, the kernel is for the Pro1-X, but the pmaports branch is for Pro1.

Edited by sspiff