LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1

I'm on LOS 20, and for a couple of months now (April maybe), after an OTA, my Pro1 is constantly crashing. When it's charging there are a lot less crashes, also when battery >95%, but when batter <80% I can't use the phone anymore, it boots and crashes right away and reboots. My impression is it has something to do with CPU heavy activities (eg. the most reproducible crashes I get are from playing voice message in a messenger). Is anybody experiencing similar issues or has in the past? I wonder if it's a hardware problem or a software problem… I guess my next step is not make a fresh installation.

• Sad 3
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@EskeRahn okay, good news - easy fix - slipup on my part when rebasing on the newest common kernel - https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998/+/355481 - pulled the broken

You ever been in an updating mood and think about to hit the "update all" button in the Google Play Store while the OTA update is running? Yeah, don't do that. Sometimes the Play Store updat

(lineage-20.0-20230612-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on May 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-202230408_100653)

Posted Images

14 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

I'm on LOS 20, and for a couple of months now (April maybe), after an OTA, my Pro1 is constantly crashing. When it's charging there are a lot less crashes, also when battery >95%, but when batter <80% I can't use the phone anymore, it boots and crashes right away and reboots. My impression is it has something to do with CPU heavy activities (eg. the most reproducible crashes I get are from playing voice message in a messenger). Is anybody experiencing similar issues or has in the past? I wonder if it's a hardware problem or a software problem… I guess my next step is not make a fresh installation.

If I were you I'd take the same approach as you. 

A data backup and fresh install should be quick and free, it sounds like you have got nothing to lose (but your data) if your Prawn is practically unusable at the moment. 

If this doesn't help I guess a new battery is the next step, either fitted yourself or return your Prawn to FxTec.  I think FxTec still have some batteries for the Prawn, there has been some recent discussion between Prawnsters on the forum on this subject.  

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3326-pro¹-x-–-state-of-production-and-delivery/page/43/?tab=comments#comment-66897
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3852-diy-battery-replacement-options/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-66985
https://community.fxtec.com/topic/3612-pro1x-really-poor-connectivity-to-both-wifi-and-cellular/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-66991

If you get to the battery replacement step before resolution maybe a quick message to @Casey could confirm replacement battery availability. 

Good luck with the fresh install. 

Edited by MonCon
Added some links
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did a factory reset, flashed the original images, flashed LOS recovery, the LOS installation instructions state to wipe data/factory reset before flashing LOS, which I did – but that's apparently a big error in the guide (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/install). That apparently removed the adb connection, so I couldn't flash LOS anymore. Tried to reboot, but now the phone doesn't boot anymore. Stuck at the logo forever. Also no possibility to ADB or fastboot connect 😕 How can I debrick?

Retried adb sideload and restart to recovery a dozend times and suddenly it worked.

Edited by dreamflasher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, dreamflasher said:

Did a factory reset, flashed the original images, flashed LOS recovery, the LOS installation instructions state to wipe data/factory reset before flashing LOS, which I did – but that's apparently a big error in the guide (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1/install). That apparently removed the adb connection, so I couldn't flash LOS anymore. Tried to reboot, but now the phone doesn't boot anymore. Stuck at the logo forever. Also no possibility to ADB or fastboot connect 😕 How can I debrick?

Retried adb sideload and restart to recovery a dozend times and suddenly it worked.

I suspect that you kept missing the right sequencing, until you finally hit it in trying everything.  The steps and order of those steps are important. 

The 25 cent version: After you fastboot flash boot.img and dtbo.img you then reboot into recovery.  Next you factory reset to make sure userdata has been wiped.  You then go into the advanced menu and enable adb.  Then you go to applu update and apply for adb and issue the adb sideload command from your computer.  When it has completely installed, reboot to recovery.  You may then sideload Gapps or anything else.  You MUST do this final reboot to recovery even if you aren't going to install Gapps or anything else.  You must reboot to recovery after installing LineageOS but before rebooting to system.

This quick summary is just to show the steps and their order. It is missing details.

After all that, you can just use OTA for updates.  😉

• Thanks 1

(lineage-20.0-20230731-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on July 5 security patch installed smoothly (*) using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-202230408_162909)

(*) A new question after the main flash on whether to reboot to recovery for additional flashing, must be answered with No, otherwise the PC sees the flash as failed. Instead you (like previous versions) from the main menu need to manually select Advanced and Reboot to recovery,

• Thanks 2

(lineage-20.0-20230807-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on July 5 security patch installed smoothly (*) using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-202230408_162909)

(*) still question after the main flash on whether to reboot to recovery for additional flashing, must be answered with No,

You ever been in an updating mood and think about to hit the "update all" button in the Google Play Store while the OTA update is running?

Yeah, don't do that.

Sometimes the Play Store updates cause my UI to crash and restart. And yesterday this happened while I had the OTA update running. The bootloader already pointed to the unfinished system partition and I couldn't start my phone until I switched back to boot_a using fastboot.

Other than that.. latest OTA is working fine now after my second attempt 😅

• Thanks 4
  • 2 weeks later...

(lineage-20.0-20230821-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on Aug 5 security patch installed smoothly (*) using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-202230408_162909)

(*) still question after the main flash on whether to reboot to recovery for additional flashing, must be answered with No,

(lineage-20.0-20230821-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on Aug 5 security patch installed smoothly (*) using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230808_213316)

(Redid with new four months newer Gapps)

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-20.0-20230821-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on Aug 5 security patch installed smoothly (*) using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230808_213316)

(Redid with new four months newer Gapps)

The newer Gapps gives me an excuse to do a sideload update for the Pro1x this coming Thursday.  I'm assuming it will have the PTMBAN (Prompt That Must Be Answered No).  I'll let you know in the Pro1x thread. 

• Haha 1

(lineage-20.0-20230828-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on Aug 5 security patch installed smoothly (*) using adb sideload and MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20230808_213316)

(*) on the question after the main flash on whether to reboot to recovery for additional flashing, You can either answer with No, and have it working normally. If you answer Yes it flashes correctly but we get an (incorrect) message on the PC that it failed:

serving: 'C:\Util\ADB\Pro1_ROM\lineage-20.0-20230828-nightly-pro1-signed.zip'  (~47%)    adb: failed to read command: No error

• Thanks 1