Cancelling Orders

• 3 weeks later...

They don't have the money. File a claim through your bank or credit card company

On 3/15/2023 at 8:27 AM, NAA said:

For two months I have canceled an order, and I am still waiting to get my money back. I have sent many emails, but nothing happened yet. So how long one should wait for such a request to be processed ?

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 3/15/2023 at 2:27 PM, NAA said:

For two months I have canceled an order, and I am still waiting to get my money back. I have sent many emails, but nothing happened yet. So how long one should wait for such a request to be processed ?

How did you cancel your order? I am looking for a way on the web site.

Regards,
Dirk

Edited by biafra
  • Haha 1
On 5/2/2023 at 3:53 PM, cash said:

I sent the phone back as it had a faulty key. They declined my request for a refund, but now have also not sent out a replacement phone. It has been a few months now

here use this 

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/ALL/?uri=CELEX:31999L0044

its still valid , but the main rights are here and have been reconsolidated 
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32019L0771

Its the European right to a proper product 
In the European Union, consumers have the right to receive products that meet certain safety and quality standards. This framework for product safety applies to all consumer products sold in the EU, regardless of their origin, and includes regulations for labeling, packaging, and instructions for use, as well as requirements for the materials used and their manufacturing processes. 

Similarly, in the United States, there is a legal framework known as the "lemon law," which aims to protect consumers who have purchased products that are faulty or defective. While the specific details of the lemon law may vary by state and product type, it generally provides consumers with the right to return defective products for a refund, repair, or replacement.

If a product is found to be faulty or defective in the EU, consumers have the right to return it and receive a refund or replacement, as well as seek legal recourse if necessary. In some cases, such as when dealing with a company located outside of the EU, consumers may need to assert their rights and provide evidence of the applicable regulations to ensure that they are honored.

It is worth noting that the specifics of consumer rights and protections may vary depending on the product and circumstances involved. For example, when contributing to crowdfunding campaigns such as on Indiegogo, consumers should carefully review the terms and conditions of their contributions to understand what, if any, warranties or protections may be provided.

Hope its helps 

( i totally used chat gpt to make this look more professional😂 )

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I did a credit card claim - even though it had been 2 years. I was fully refunded including shipping.
You're not going to get a refund from fxtec so you need to be more creative to get your money back.

Also I am in the US

• Like 1
On 5/19/2023 at 3:40 PM, sequestris said:

I did a credit card claim - even though it had been 2 years. I was fully refunded including shipping.
You're not going to get a refund from fxtec so you need to be more creative to get your money back.

Also I am in the US

That's so bad. Being based out of London gave it a lot more credibility than out of China.

7 hours ago, Adrienspawn said:

That's so bad. Being based out of London gave it a lot more credibility than out of China.

It is what it is. Still love my Pro 1 to death and would get one for my hubby, but based on all the feedback, I don't even want a Pro1x anymore.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have cancelled my order in January by contacting the support team. I suppose there is no other way.

I have sent many e-mails, but nothing happened yet. They don't respect themselves as a company, so they will definitely not respect their customers.

I will try to do a credit card claim. Hopefully this will work since I am in Germany.

• Sad 2

I should really ask for my refund too. I did not buy it through IGG so it is owed.

I don't think I can do a charge back. I changed my bank since. I'll definitely look into taking legal actions though. If they keep operating then they have cash to pay back. I'll have them go bankrupt if need be.

Feeling mean tonight 😁

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Legally, all individuals who have placed orders through the FXtec website are entitled to receive a refund. Pursuing this matter through legal channels would likely result in a favorable outcome. The crucial step is for the first person to initiate such legal action, which could potentially lead to the company facing bankruptcy. Subsequently, to settle the owed debts, the company would liquidate its assets, including undelivered phones. Consequently, every individual who made a purchase via the FXtec website would be eligible for a refund, either in full or partially.

However, there are certain drawbacks to consider. Once bankruptcy proceedings have commenced, the priority for settling debts rests with banks, followed by other companies, and then consumers. This sequence of debt repayment raises the possibility that the accumulated debts might surpass the available funds, rendering some obligations unmet.
Worth a try ...........

Make sure to gather all the information you have personally and from others 

On 8/31/2023 at 12:29 AM, zundappchef said:

Subsequently, to settle the owed debts, the company would liquidate its assets, including undelivered phones.

I love how you are talking as if they still, 2,5 months after their latest say-nothing update, have devices molding away in a warehouse in China for some reason. Paying for storage rather than shipping makes absolutely no sense. 

Edited by guest274577
1 hour ago, guest274577 said:

I love how you are talking as if they still, 2,5 months after their latest say-nothing update, have devices molding away in a warehouse in China for some reason. Paying for storage rather than shipping makes absolutely no sense. 

While that's true in a long term business plan sense, in the short run monthly warehousing fees might be (barely) sustainable whereas starting up with a new logistics firm might require a lot of capital up front, for which, if they are working on it, they would need some additional investment. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Hook said:

...if they are working on it...

I wonder what money they would use? The only thing they have mentioned is taking money from "other sources of income". But Linxdot seem to be more or less in the same situation as this project, and someone explained to me earlier in this thread that they cant take money from the web3 phone project.

So, are they collecting empty bottles in dubai parks? Or where are these amounts of money supposed to come from? and even more important, where are money for warehouse storage coming from?

Is there anything at all from a credible source that suggests they still have the devices and are actively working on shipping them?

Edited by guest274577
typos
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, guest274577 said:

Is there anything at all from a credible source that suggests they still have the devices and are actively working on shipping them?

I guess we all share that frustration, as they sadly do not publish anything. So we are left at guessing on what the H.. is going on.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, guest274577 said:

they cant take money from the web3 phone project.

Again we have no idea what, if anything, they are doing.  I did notice, while making no mention of their troubles, in some of the Dubai coverage, the Pro1/1x are featured prominently.  It would be possible to have investment in phone development of more than just a Web3 phone.  It could include getting the Pro1x out and possibly the development of a new keyboard phone model.  No, I'm not suggesting that is what is happening.  I have no idea what is happening.  We don't actually even know if they have investment in the Web3 phone yet-- they may be shopping that now (was that model Adrian flashed out of his pocket a real phone or just a proposed model?).  I'm just saying there are ways this could be done.

It's frustrating, but since hope and "gloom and doom" equally don't change anything, I prefer to keep hoping they'll find a way. But will be unsurprised if they don't.

21 minutes ago, steff said:

Stop dreaming, act like adults and accept the defeat. This time crowdfunding went wrong

I doubt anyone here thinks this Crowdfunding didn't go wrong. Hahaha, I probably have accepted it is unlikely I will see my second Pro1x, but still don't see any advantage to "accepting defeat" other than for some reason making you less agitated. Not really a motivator for me.  ;) 

• Like 2