LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1x (QX1050)

28 minutes ago, jakfish said:

My bone to pick is screen touches, no matter how careful, often reduce Chrome and other programs, or even start apps whose icons are on the home screen.

I don't use or even install Chrome and I have never seen this behavior in any apps I have on either my Pro 1 or Pro1x.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, fixed it. Prawn-X is back alive! 🥳 Turned out the battery was completely flat. After disassembling, I measured 0.00 V between the pins! I do not know how that happened, maybe I did accidental

Charging-only mode is part of Android, so the phone must be able to boot the high-level OS to charge. When you connect a power source, it will always start the Android boot process. If the off-mode-ch

@jakfishFWIW, when I did this on stock Android 2.1.2, I only did "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and it worked fine with the battery animation present on the screen by default. YMMV, I guess. I

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Just wore down a Pro1 with LOS 20 to 89%, powered off, and attached to charger, and it pulled about 0.95A, and then went to 0.6A (assumably crossing the 90%)

I'm not reading voltages, but I ran my Pro 1 down to 75%, plugged it in and, again, get initial logos, but the blank screen and no led on, checked 30 minutes or so later (not sure, forgot to time) and it was at 91% when I booted up.  I've turned it back off and plugged it in again and will see where it is in another half hour.  Bizarre that led doesn't light up for charging.

This is, to be clear, plugged into wall with official FxTec charger (although, to be honest, I no longer know which came with the Pro 1 and which with the Pro1x, but, like the box, I don't believer there is any difference. 😄

25 minutes ago, Hook said:

Bizarre that led doesn't light up for charging.

Same here, I only know that it is charging, because I have inserted a small usb-meter between the charger and the phone.

ADD: Same on stack android.... Though here pressing power briefly gives an icon

27 minutes ago, Hook said:

I've turned it back off and plugged it in again and will see where it is in another half hour. 

Got to 99% (was more like 40 minutes, I got distracted).  So it is working on the Pro1 with LOS 20 (charging without booting), just weirdly. 

25 minutes ago, jakfish said:

Odd. I wonder if my screen is faulty.

I downloaded Mixexplorer, and it does indeed happen.  I started testing my most common apps and it happened with three other apps I already have, except it wasn't (or, at least, not just) a screen refresh, but it launched dialogs.  This happened with DejaOffice, Total Commander and Textmaker 2021.  I tested and it does NOT happen with these same apps on my Pro 1.

How very bizarre.  I never ran into it because I never use my Pro1x in portrait.  Not that easy to set this off in landscape. 

Why is the fingerprint sensor sensing anything if it hasn't been set up, and what are these programs doing?

Not a big deal, but I'd love a toggle which kills the fingerprint sensor as an input.

Wait, which issue are we talking about now? (So many to choose from). Are we talking about fingerprinter refreshing a given screen? Or are we talking about over-sensitive inadvertent touches minimizing windows or starting other apps?

My "Odd..." comment was in reference to the latter, though I think you're referring to the former, and FWIW, I can replicate dialog bubbles on both TC and TM.

47 minutes ago, jakfish said:

Wait, which issue are we talking about now? (So many to choose from). Are we talking about fingerprinter refreshing a given screen? Or are we talking about over-sensitive inadvertent touches minimizing windows or starting other apps?

My "Odd..." comment was in reference to the latter, though I think you're referring to the former, and FWIW, I can replicate dialog bubbles on both TC and TM.

I was addressing where touching the figerprint sensor (which was never set up) causes things to happen.  I've never had problems with touch screen that can't be explained by old man fingers. 😄

6 hours ago, jakfish said:

Though I don't run LOS, I do follow all things fxtec, and I can replicate the offline charging issue with current Stock: Pro1x off, pc/usb connect (for slow charge, to preserve battery), connection boots phone.

Phone still connected, shutdown, immediate reboot.

Weird, but I have to admit, of all the issues facing the Pro1x...

This comment indicates that you don't understand the danger here.

The phone was shipped with the setting "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0". The problem with that setting is that the phone *cannot* charge if the battery is allowed to run down to the point that it can't boot at the moment when you plug the 1x into a charging source.

That means you have a brick on your hands at that point, unless you return the phone to Fx Tec, or you are capable of dismantling the 1x and charging the battery with a direct mechanical connection.

Therefore, changing the stock setting is highly, highly recommended, and for LOS to break the ability to do that is a big step backwards.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Hook said:

Why is the fingerprint sensor sensing anything if it hasn't been set up, and what are these programs doing?

Not a big deal, but I'd love a toggle which kills the fingerprint sensor as an input.

Answer: sending your prints back to the People's Liberation Army... half kidding here.

Yes, it would be great to have a toggle off for the sensor, if the LOS devs could do such a thin.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

This comment indicates that you don't understand the danger here.

The phone was shipped with the setting "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0". The problem with that setting is that the phone *cannot* charge if the battery is allowed to run down to the point that it can't boot at the moment when you plug the 1x into a charging source.

That means you have a brick on your hands at that point, unless you return the phone to Fx Tec, or you are capable of dismantling the 1x and charging the battery with a direct mechanical connection.

Therefore, changing the stock setting is highly, highly recommended, and for LOS to break the ability to do that is a big step backwards.

I've reported this on the Lineage Gitlab, always hoping the bot is done chastising me for using the same format as in their example.  😄

• Thanks 1

Hello, occasional lurker/first time poster here. Hoping I've got the right place for this/haven't missed the info elsewhere. My pro1x with android 11 (as it came out of the box kernel 4.19.157-perf, build num RKQ1.211130.001) can make/recieve calls, but the mic cuts in and out during calls (more out than in unfortunately). I've been waiting for a moment to try to install lineage, but I wanted to ask if mic issues are expected to remain or go away after installing lineage.

39 minutes ago, jakfish said:

@Name_not_avail --okay, I respect the urgency. If the stock is set to  "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0" then what is the counter command? And is this done through adb? I have not yet examined the phone through adb commands so any pointers would be helpful. Thanks.

They are fastboot commands you issue when you reboot to the bootloader.

The commands are:

fastboot oem enable-charger-screen

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

The second one is the actual counter-command.  I believe the first one is supposed to enable showing the initial battery animation showing  what percentage you are starting out with.

• Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, Hook said:

They are fastboot commands you issue when you reboot to the bootloader.

The commands are:

The second one is the actual counter-command.  I believe the first one is supposed to enable showing the initial battery animation showing  what percentage you are starting out with.

@jakfishFWIW, when I did this on stock Android 2.1.2, I only did "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and it worked fine with the battery animation present on the screen by default. YMMV, I guess.

I use a Windows PC for this kind of work, and download and install "Minimal adb and fastboot". Forgive me if the following "how to" is too basic, but it seemed you might want some foundational info. I just did all this a couple of days ago, so it's still top of mind.

Once Minimal adb and fastboot is up and running on the PC, it will open a terminal or "cmd" window in PC speak, and you can enter commands.

Plug your 1x into the USB port of the PC, with "developer options" selected in the 1x settings menu (I think you have to touch Build Number eight times or something in the settings menu to get developer options enabled), and from that hidden menu select USB Debug on. Also set the usb options on the 1x to File Transfer, by the pull down menu in the main screen (probably set to USB Charge Only by default).

Windows will automatically download a bunch of drivers to make this all connect tickety boo. If not, try a USB 2.0 hub, or a different PC. If you have a lot of old USB drivers, Windows can get confused and corrupted.

In the terminal window on the PC, enter "adb devices" and see what happens. Probably you will get a serial number and "unauthorized" as a reply, so check the 1x screen and grant it authorization to connect to the PC. Try "adb devices" again, and the unauthorized message should be gone.

Now you are properly connected through adb, so enter "adb reboot bootloader" in the terminal. The 1x will reboot, and the terminal will just have a blank entry prompt. When the 1x has completely rebooted to the bootloader screen, type "fastboot devices", and your PC will probably download new drivers automatically, and then the terminal window will give you a prompt with the 1x serial number (possibly another security OK screen appears on the 1x at this point, I can't recall). 

If you don't get the serial number prompt in response to "fastboot devices", then something is wrong with the driver or usb cable. You can't enter adb commands at this point, only fastboot ones, because you have already rebooted the 1x to bootloader.

If all is good and you get a serial number for "fastboot devices" then now you can finally change the offline power setting, and congratulate yourself that you made it this far.

Enter "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and you should be greeted with the prompt "OKAY" in the terminal window.

Now you are done. You can either enter "fastboot reboot" in the terminal to reboot the 1x, or just power down the 1x.

Plug the 1x into the wall charger when it's switched off, see the different behaviour, and congratulate yourself that it worked.

All this goes according to plan with stock Android 2.1.2 and gms-less 2.1.5, but not LOS. I get to the "OKAY" in the terminal on the PC, but the 1x still boots every time plugging it in, which persuades me this is broken on LOS.

@kimeeSad to say the microphone and connectivity issues are not fixed by LOS. We all are hoping Fx Tec produces an update to take care of these notorious bugs, which may or may not happen. Lots of material in this forum on those issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

@kimeeSad to say the microphone and connectivity issues are not fixed by LOS. We all are hoping Fx Tec produces an update to take care of these notorious bugs, which may or may not happen. Lots of material in this forum on those issues.

Ah, yikes. Thanks for the info then. I'll hold off on it then. Maybe try their beta builds instead (the pro1x isn't my EDC phone yet).

@Name_not_avail What an incredibly helpful post. I can't thank you enough for the time you took to put it together.

I already had adb set up on a Linux machine, so I was able to skip the Windows-specific steps, but your subsequent commands indeed allow the Pro1x to charge off-line. Upon a USB-C connection, the red light now comes on briefly, the machine does not boot, instead producing only a filling battery icon and percentage.

I would hope to see your answer stickied someplace as it is clear and thorough. Again, many, many thanks.

Fingers crossed that LOS will soon produce the same results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Hook And thank you too for weighing in. The "fastboot oem enable-charger-screen" apparently is default in the Pro1x since I did not use that command and was still able to conjure the charging screen with its filling battery icon and percentage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 4/23/2023 at 9:19 AM, Benni said:

I can confirm the "broken" offline charging on Pro1 and Pro1x with the most recent Lineage.

I confirm that installing Lineage on Pro1-X breaks offline-charging-mode. I had that enabled and working successfully on 2.1.5-GMSless, but never checked after installing LineageOS. I am not on one of the official builds, but on one of the betas from few weeks ago.

After reading this, I tried to charge my Pro1-X (shelved for several months) and it seems to be bricked. Upon connecting the charger it briefly blinks red, but then nothing. Previously (with 2.1.5.-GMSless) it would charge (while displaying the "battery screen").

Well ... what to complain about with such a broken device ... I'll try to get the battery some charge with a lab powersupply. But, honestly, it's not one of my priorities ...

• Sad 2

@claude0001That is terrible news. Maybe there is a thin hope, since there is enough power to illuminate the LED still.

Hold the power button for 60 seconds, and see if it tries to boot. Keep a charging cable handy, and jam it in there if you see the boot starting to happen.

LOS beta has only been around for a couple of months, so as long as you stored it while powered off, that seems like a short time for the battery to die. If it was stored while powered on though, that is probably the end of the story.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Name_not_avail said:

@claude0001That is terrible news. Maybe there is a thin hope, since there is enough power to illuminate the LED still.

Hold the power button for 60 seconds, and see if it tries to boot. Keep a charging cable handy, and jam it in there if you see the boot starting to happen.

LOS beta has only been around for a couple of months, so as long as you stored it while powered off, that seems like a short time for the battery to die. If it was stored while powered on though, that is probably the end of the story.

OK, fixed it. Prawn-X is back alive! 🥳

Turned out the battery was completely flat. After disassembling, I measured 0.00 V between the pins! I do not know how that happened, maybe I did accidentally leave the device on when putting it away. Still, I'm pretty sure the battery should never discharge to 0 V in any design scenario, as the device should automatically switch itself off before. I guess this is related to the "battery protection bug" f(x)tec keep mentioning in their updates ...

Anyway, I was able to charge the battery to ~50% (3.9 V) using a laboratory power supply. After that the Pro1-X booted normally and is now doing the rest of the charging from the usual wall plug.

I took some notes and pictures about how I did the manual charging and will report here. I remember there was some other thread about that ...

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Lineage update 20230427 installed via OTA updater.  All went smoothly, April 2023 security patch, Root maintained with no additional action on my part.  Still boots when plugged in while off, but wasn't expecting that to be fixed yet. All is well!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Hook said:

Lineage update 20230427 installed via OTA updater.  All went smoothly, April 2023 security patch, Root maintained with no additional action on my part.  Still boots when plugged in while off, but wasn't expecting that to be fixed yet. All is well!

FYI worked beautifully for my unrooted Pro1-X running GApps.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:35 PM, Name_not_avail said:

Charging-only mode is part of Android, so the phone must be able to boot the high-level OS to charge. When you connect a power source, it will always start the Android boot process. If the off-mode-charge flag is set, it will start the charger program instead of the full Android UI.

On 4/25/2023 at 10:14 AM, claude0001 said:

Turned out the battery was completely flat. After disassembling, I measured 0.00 V between the pins! I do not know how that happened, maybe I did accidentally leave the device on when putting it away. Still, I'm pretty sure the battery should never discharge to 0 V in any design scenario, as the device should automatically switch itself off before. I guess this is related to the "battery protection bug" f(x)tec keep mentioning in their updates ...

Yep, you triggered the "battery protection bug". The problem is in the closed-source firmware, and relates to the PMC configuration. LineageOS doesn't have licenses for this source code, so we need F(x)tec to fix it. The only way to avoid it is to periodically charge your Pro1 X, and once a month should be sufficient.

• Thanks 6