LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1x (QX1050)

On 4/15/2023 at 11:16 PM, npjohnson said:

Official lineageos builds roll on Thursday!

Thought I would copy @npjohnson's post over here to kick off the new thread. 

Thanks to the whole Lineage team!  I will be an early adopter.

Here's where it will pop up.

https://download.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/builds

Here's the proper instructions (thanks @steff)

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/install

Can't wait for Thursday!

• Like 4
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, fixed it. Prawn-X is back alive! 🥳 Turned out the battery was completely flat. After disassembling, I measured 0.00 V between the pins! I do not know how that happened, maybe I did accidental

Charging-only mode is part of Android, so the phone must be able to boot the high-level OS to charge. When you connect a power source, it will always start the Android boot process. If the off-mode-ch

@jakfishFWIW, when I did this on stock Android 2.1.2, I only did "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and it worked fine with the battery animation present on the screen by default. YMMV, I guess. I

Posted Images

I haven't started from scratch since before Lineage went to using the multiple image files (I didn't do the betas), but I'm assuming from the official instructions on the Lineage web site (there is no official Pro1x page yet, they send you to the Pro 1 page) That I only need to flash "boot.img" and I will have the Lineage recovery and can just flash the zip.  Anyone know?

7 minutes ago, steff said:

First of all, actually there is an official instruction for pro1X:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/pro1x/install

I have not tested this, but after reading the instruction, you should start with the dtbo.img before the recovery.img.

The pro1x needs to have an unlocked bootloader, but i think it is unlocked by default. Also you need to enable USB debugging, of course.

Thanks for the link.  The link on the download page didn't send me there.

Yes, the bootloader is unlocked by default.

Those instructions are good.  I'll write up a more concise version that will refer people to unlocking instructions but assumes the Pro1x is already unlocked.  Will also revise my Pro1 instructions for the new file setup on that.

My pro1x has booted into Lineage (well, into MindTheapps 😄 )... time to have fun setting things up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ducksoup said:

Anyone know if this be installed on top of the unofficial builds that have been on XDA?

Unfortunately, you must factory reset before installing the official build of LineageOS. The unofficial builds are signed with different keys from the official ones, and we don't have a simple way to swap signing keys in Android 13 😞

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Sean McCreary said:

Unfortunately, you must factory reset before installing the official build of LineageOS. The unofficial builds are signed with different keys from the official ones, and we don't have a simple way to swap signing keys in Android 13 😞

@Sean McCreary, can you clarify the different image files for us still-semi-noobs.  I only flashed dtbo.img and recovery.img and everything seems fine.  Do I need vbmeta.img?  I suspect boot.img is the same as recovery.img (they are the same file size)... and WTF is super_empty.img. 😄  Appreciate any info.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Hook said:

@Sean McCreary, can you clarify the different image files for us still-semi-noobs.  I only flashed dtbo.img and recovery.img and everything seems fine.  Do I need vbmeta.img?  I suspect boot.img is the same as recovery.img (they are the same file size)... and WTF is super_empty.img. 😄  Appreciate any info.

Thanks!

You really only need to flash enough to get into LineageOS recovery, as the full LineageOS image will install everything it needs. If the Pro1 X boots into LineageOS, then you can be confident you didn't skip anything important 😉  Also, 'super_empty.img' isn't needed for the Pro1 X, as it ships with dynamic partitioning. Some devices need to be reconfigured for dynamic partitioning before they can run LineageOS, and that file is used to prepare the device, e.g. https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/grus/install#installing-a-custom-recovery-using-fastboot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MrCoffee said:

Has anyone run into any issues with Windows (in my case, 10) not being able to properly detect the Pro1X and can't find the right drivers to install? Mainly because it's needed for the "fastboot" part of the instructions.

Sadly, I tried the recommended Google USB Driver but it was unable to detect it as something that would work with this device.

Try different ports and cables.  If your computer has a USB 2.0 port or you have an old USB 2 hub, that can sometimes help.  I'm a windows user, but I gave up long ago trying to do fastboot and ADB on Windows.   I use an old Thinkpad running Manjaro and it just works.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to circle back and confirm that all went well.  Took me an afternoon to re-set-up my Pro1x on Lineage 20 with MindTheGapps.  All works well.  Lineage is very smooth on the Pro1x. 

I also have root, but something odd happened.  As usual, I flashed Magisk as a zip because all I really want is SU. Usually, I still have to open  the Magisk Manager and let it update. But when I rebooted into Lineage (and after I did all the initial setup), there was no Magisk Manager there and I didn't have root.  I  realized I don't use root that much and sort of let it go for the moment. The next time I rebooted the phone, Magisk Manager showed up, asked for the update and now I am rooted.  Don''t know why it wasn't there after the first boot.  Never seen that before.

But all is well now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@HookOther than the obvious difference b/w Android 11 and 13, do you notice a difference in hardware responses?

For instance, when I'm scrolling in Pro1x/Stock, just the slightest inadvertent touch sends the window to minimize or even opens another app. I know it's my touches that do this, since the Pro1x scrolls fine with the kb, but I don't find this problem with my Pixel 4a and was wondering if you've found a similar issue/remedy in current Lineage.

In stock Android, EdgeNull does nothing, if it is indeed an issue of inadvertent presses at the screen's edge.

• Sad 1
28 minutes ago, jakfish said:

@HookOther than the obvious difference b/w Android 11 and 13, do you notice a difference in hardware responses?

For instance, when I'm scrolling in Pro1x/Stock, just the slightest inadvertent touch sends the window to minimize or even opens another app. I know it's my touches that do this, since the Pro1x scrolls fine with the kb, but I don't find this problem with my Pixel 4a and was wondering if you've found a similar issue/remedy in current Lineage.

In stock Android, EdgeNull does nothing, if it is indeed an issue of inadvertent presses at the screen's edge.

Lineage has it's own screen edge setting that works, as opposed to Edge Null.  It works pretty well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just installed LOS official to replace the last unofficial LOS build from March (IIRC).

A couple of issues.

First, my 1x now seems to have lost the ability to charge while switched off. Plugging it into a charger always boots it to LOS, I don't get the image of a battery charging any more. I went back and did a "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and received the reply "OKAY", but it still boots directly to LOS when I plug it in and it's turned off. That is worrying.

Second, the fingerprint sensor screen refresh bug is back:

I have not installed Chrome or gapps on this 1x, but that sensor bug used to affect both Chrome and MixPlorer when I ran the stock 2.1.2 ROM, and it went away with 2.1.5 gms-less. Now that I am running official LOS, it is back for Mixplorer, anyway, every time any part of my hand passes the sensor. Weird and annoying.

I have not bothered to try the voice call functions, as we all understand that is not within the scope of LOS to fix.

Thanks to all the devs for supporting the 1x anyway. I hope these two issues can be addressed in future builds.

• Thanks 2
59 minutes ago, Name_not_avail said:

First, my 1x now seems to have lost the ability to charge while switched off. Plugging it into a charger always boots it to LOS, I don't get the image of a battery charging any more. I went back and did a "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and received the reply "OKAY", but it still boots directly to LOS when I plug it in and it's turned off. That is worrying.

You are right.  I hadn't noticed since I almost never turn my phones off or charge them in that state, nor do I let my phones fall below 50% without topping off. 

This also means I haven't tested my Pro 1 in a long time.  I get something stranger there. If I turn the Pro1 off, and plug in the charger, it doesn't boot, but doesn't do anything.  I don't get the initial battery animation and no light goes on.  I don't know if it is charging or not.  I'll have to let it run down a bit and then leave it for a while and see what happens (it boots up fine).

Maybe this has been covered in LOS discussions and I just never noticed?

On the finger print sensor, I can't say anything.  I don't use it on either my Pro 1 or Pro1x.

2 hours ago, Hook said:

On the finger print sensor, I can't say anything.  I don't use it on either my Pro 1 or Pro1x.

I don't use the fingerprint sensor either, which makes the bug much more annoying.

It's just that in certain apps, like MixPlorer and Chrome, if you so much as pass a finger along the sensor, it "refreshes" the screen. That does not happen with gms-less 2.1.5, but it definitely does again with my 1x using official LOS now.

Last Summer, the "fix" with stock 2.1.2 Android was to use Firefox instead of Chrome, which for some reason was immune from stray fingerprint sensor input. But MixPlorer remained a problem for me until I installed gms-less 2.1.5. Probably other apps were susceptible too, but those two I know from experience.

If you have Chrome or MixPlorer on your 1x with official LOS, pass your finger by the sensor while those apps are up (pretty much mandatory to touch the sensor at some points because of the design on the 1x), and you will see what I mean.

I have not installed Chrome on the 1x with official LOS, but based on the device's behaviour with the stock 2.1.2, I am pretty sure it would behave just like MixPlorer does now.

4 hours ago, Hook said:

You are right.  I hadn't noticed since I almost never turn my phones off or charge them in that state, nor do I let my phones fall below 50% without topping off. 

This also means I haven't tested my Pro 1 in a long time.  I get something stranger there. If I turn the Pro1 off, and plug in the charger, it doesn't boot, but doesn't do anything.  I don't get the initial battery animation and no light goes on.  I don't know if it is charging or not.  I'll have to let it run down a bit and then leave it for a while and see what happens (it boots up fine).

Maybe this has been covered in LOS discussions and I just never noticed?

I can confirm the "broken" offline charging on Pro1 and Pro1x with the most recent Lineage.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Benni said:

I can confirm the "broken" offline charging on Pro1 and Pro1x with the most recent Lineage.

Now that is interesting, it works fine on my Pro1, though slow. And with no indication - I can see on the amp-meter that it pulls. Unfortunately (for this) the battery is almost full (99%) so will need to discharge it a bit, to see if I get a pull above the 300mA I currently see.

Though I don't run LOS, I do follow all things fxtec, and I can replicate the offline charging issue with current Stock: Pro1x off, pc/usb connect (for slow charge, to preserve battery), connection boots phone.

Phone still connected, shutdown, immediate reboot.

Weird, but I have to admit, of all the issues facing the Pro1x...

Moreover, I can replicate the fingerprint issue with Pro1x/Stock/Chrome. Am I understanding the bug correctly: in Chrome, if you touch the fingerprint sensor, the screen refreshes? The one good thing, it doesn't seem to return you to the top of the page--there's a refresh but my spot is still marked.

I hadn't noticed this since I always browse with open kb.

My bone to pick is screen touches, no matter how careful, often reduce Chrome and other programs, or even start apps whose icons are on the home screen.

Edited by jakfish
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Now that is interesting, it works fine on my Pro1, though slow. And with no indication - I can see on the amp-meter that it pulls. Unfortunately (for this) the battery is almost full (99%) so will need to discharge it a bit, to see if I get a pull above the 300mA I currently see.

Just wore down a Pro1 with LOS 20 to 89%, powered off, and attached to charger, and it pulled about 0.95A, and then went to 0.6A (assumably crossing the 90%)

• Like 2