LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1x (QX1050)

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Stock Android 13 on the Pro1x actually is pretty nice and runs very smoothly.

How did you get Android 13?  Mine is on Android 11.

2 hours ago, Hook said:

If you add Finqwerty (particularly the corrected one Rob S made available), it's really nice keyboard experience. 

I know it is a keyboard mapper, but what are you remapping that isn't set up how you like it with the defaults?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, fixed it. Prawn-X is back alive! 🥳 Turned out the battery was completely flat. After disassembling, I measured 0.00 V between the pins! I do not know how that happened, maybe I did accidental

Charging-only mode is part of Android, so the phone must be able to boot the high-level OS to charge. When you connect a power source, it will always start the Android boot process. If the off-mode-ch

@jakfishFWIW, when I did this on stock Android 2.1.2, I only did "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and it worked fine with the battery animation present on the screen by default. YMMV, I guess. I

Posted Images

8 hours ago, david said:

How did you get Android 13?  Mine is on Android 11

Doh!  So was mine.  A typo, sorry.  Corrected now.

8 hours ago, david said:

I know it is a keyboard mapper, but what are you remapping that isn't set up how you like it with the defaults?

Less dependence of the FN key for normal use, adds some number of third layer characters depending of which keymap you use.

The term "Keyboard mapper" implies that Finqwerty is doing something actively. It isn't.  It merely supplies additional key maps that it makes visible to Android.

https://android.onse.fi/finqwerty/#pro1x

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

lineage-20.0-20230622-nightly-pro1x-signed.zip with June 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. I have MindTheGapps13, and root was maintained.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

lineage-20.0-20230629-nightly-pro1x-signed.zip with June 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. I have MindTheGapps13, and root was maintained.

On keyboards, the one key that doesn't work properly on my Pro1x is the semi-colon. Also, there doesn't seem to be any way of typing a GBP sterling symbol. Do I need FinQuerty or equivalent for this pls.?

49 minutes ago, Tim6263 said:

On keyboards, the one key that doesn't work properly on my Pro1x is the semi-colon. Also, there doesn't seem to be any way of typing a GBP sterling symbol. Do I need FinQuerty or equivalent for this pls.?

FinQwerty doesn't work on Lineage.  I'm not sure why your semicolon doesn't work.  What layout do you have selected under settings->System->Languages & input->Physical keyboardBuiltin Keyboard? I have 2 layouts selected that I can switch between using Fn-space bar: "F(x)Tec Qwerty" and "English (US)" 

Semi-colon works fine on both.  "F(x)Tec Qwerty" gives you the keyboard map that matches the physical prints on the keyboard.  With "English (US)" the layout changes so that I have few alterations that don't match the physical prints in a very few cases: "/-|" becomes "/-?"; "?-:" becomes ";-:" and Fn-L is now "|"  I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea exactly how I accomplished these changes.  Maybe the layout comes that way, but I wouldn't think so. I must have done something, but I forget what. lol.

I would guess you might need either "English (UK)" or "English (US) International Style" to get GBP.

Stumped by the non-working semicolon on Lineage.

On 7/3/2023 at 6:31 AM, Tim6263 said:

For a QWERTY Pro1x using the "F(x)tec QWERTY" keyboard layout (the default), you can type a semicolon by pressing both the 'L' key and one of the diagonal yellow arrow keys (Fn) at the same time. As Hook mentioned, this changes if you use any other keyboard layout, such as "English (US), International style" or "English (UK)".

The UK Sterling character (Unicode code point U+00A3 = '£') is available in the "English (UK)" keyboard layout via the key combination Shift + 3. Unfortunately this keyboard layout does not include the all of the key combinations F(x)tec printed in yellow on the keyboard, but you can quickly switch key layouts with Meta ('F logo') + spacebar. Android will display a toast notification with the name of the active keyboard layout when you switch layouts.

U+00A3 ('£') is in many of the other language-specific keyboard layouts as well, but many require a combination of keys including AltGr. If you prefer to use one of these, you can map the right-hand diagonal yellow arrow key to AltGr in Settings->System->Languages & input->Physical keyboard->Advanced settings->Right FN key sends AltGr

Merging everything you want into a single bespoke keyboard layout is also possible, but difficult.

• Thanks 3

lineage-20.0-20230706-nightly-pro1x with June 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. I have MindTheGapps13, and root was maintained.

• Like 1

lineage-20.0-20230713-nightly-pro1x with July 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. I have MindTheGapps13, and root was maintained.

This was done on the road using my sons wifi. No disconnects, 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mangled said:

Has anyone been able to get desktop mode to work on an external monitor? I have tried using the pine64 type C to HDMI out adapter and it doesn't appear to work. Is there some configuration needed?

The Pro1x can't do true HDMI out.  It can only use a Miracast cable like the one linked below and a Chinese app. It has been noted by someone in Discord that you can deny the Chinese app all permissions and it still works. 🙂  I have not obtained the cable or tried this-- not a use case I need.

https://www.amazon.com/Android-Mirroring-Charging-Smartphones-Projector/dp/B08LN8Z6QX

or

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801266552716.html

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Hook said:

The Pro1x can't do true HDMI out.  It can only use a Miracast cable like the one linked below and a Chinese app. It has been noted by someone in Discord that you can deny the Chinese app all permissions and it still works. 🙂  I have not obtained the cable or tried this-- not a use case I need.

https://www.amazon.com/Android-Mirroring-Charging-Smartphones-Projector/dp/B08LN8Z6QX

or

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801266552716.html

Do you recall what the app was called?

The app won't work with any other cable... it's as far as I understand a mirroring app that works only with specifically Miracast compatible cables. I assume it's one of the Miracast apps in the play store, but there are several and I don't know which one.

• 2 weeks later...

Lineage-20.0-20230824-nightly-pro1x with Aug 5th security patch installed smoothly via ADB sideload. Indeed I got the PTMBAN* reported in the Pro 1 Lineage 20 thread.  I also flashed via adb sideload the newer MindTheGapps set dated 20230808, plus I reflashed Magisk,  That last step may have been unnecessary, but it also didn't hurt, but I didn't have to reopen the Magisk Manager app and just had root as soon as I booted.

* The Prompt That Must Be Answered No. This was reported by @EskeRahn in the Pro 1 Lineage 20 thread.  When you adb sideload Lineage now, it reminds you need to reboot into recovery and offers to do it for you.  Apparently, you need to answer no and do it yourself.  I didn't test answering yes, I just took Eske's word for it.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Hook said:

Apparently, you need to answer no and do it yourself.  I didn't test answering yes, I just took Eske's word for it.  :classic_wink:

Will try to remember to answer Yes on Monday for the Pro1, and see if they implemented a fix.
If you run each command individually on the pc it might work, ignoring any message on the pc that the flashing did not end correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I missed a week. Lol.

Lineage-20.0-20230921-nightly-pro1x with Sep 5th security patch installed smoothly via OTA. MindTheGapps13, and root was maintained.

Curiously, there were 2 updates, one on the 20th (a day early) and one on the 21st.  I installed the one for the 21st, figuring something must have been buggy with the first one or else why release an immediate update, but I don't actually know.  Everything is working smoothly.