Beta Test           ​            ​ .

Well yes, we just got it in a newsletter:

Beta Testing

We’ve been going through the hundreds (and hundreds) of completed beta testing forms. Thank you to everyone who has offered to help us out as we have been overwhelmed and delighted with your support. We will be getting in touch with the lucky few this coming week, so keep an eye on your inboxes.

Well yes, we just got it in a newsletter:

Yes, I got that after I posted. Sounds like quite a few people interested. The time it shows is not the time I actually posted, probably due to the moderation delay.

Do you know what beta testing form mean?

Just because I wrote an e-mail on the same day when they sent the initial e-mail about beta testing, but I did not receive any reply or form-like questions...

Maybe they didn't even receive my e-mail or it landed directly in spam folder, etc...

Yes, I got that after I posted. Sounds like quite a few people interested. The time it shows is not the time I actually posted, probably due to the moderation delay.

Yup, an odd bug, and even if approved they does not appear at the front as activity in the thread until a moderator make a comment in the thread too.... So I have made a habit of after approve to make a dummy comment and delete it.... Making it even more tedious.... I sure hope they find a smarter solution soon.

How many beta testers will be there?

Let’s post here, if anyone of us got selected.

I do not know how the beta test is going to work, but I hope they find an open way of reporting so people do not waste time on describing and reporting bugs other have already sent in.

I don't see much point in doing it in this completely open forum though. I mean not much point in discussing bugs found as long as they are corrected before (or shortly after) release.

’t see much point in doing it in this completely open forum though. I mean not much point in discussing bugs found as long as they are corrected before (or shortly after) relea

I would hope they just set up a bug-tracking system for the testers, such as bugzilla or similar.

It might be not possible to post here that you're involved in beta testing,

There is an NDA(obviously), and it may(or may not) require you to keep the participation in beta testing as part of confidential information.

I do not know how the beta test is going to work, but I hope they find an open way of reporting so people do not waste time on describing and reporting bugs other have already sent in.

I don’t see much point in doing it in this completely open forum though. I mean not much point in discussing bugs found as long as they are corrected before (or shortly after) release.

Since the beta tester will probably have to sign an nda, I highly doubt that the testers will be allowed to post about bugs anywhere public.

Speaking of… I accidentally unsubscribed from the newsletter and can’t figure out how to get back in. I’ve sent an e-mail to ask if they could subscribe me again to no avail. Maybe it got marked as spam?

So I have figured out how to sign up again I think :). I think due to browser issues the popup offering to sign up for the mailing list did not show on my pc, or I am simply blind. Anything much I missed in the last newsletter?

Just because I wrote an e-mail on the same day when they sent the initial e-mail about beta testing, but I did not receive any reply or form-like questions…

Maybe they didn’t even receive my e-mail or it landed directly in spam folder, etc…

Sorry to hear you haven't received a reply to your message. Our Microsoft Exchange email provider likely blocked the message as all queries are answered from our side. We will implement Zendesk before launch to improve this.

Speaking of… I accidentally unsubscribed from the newsletter and can’t figure out how to get back in. I’ve sent an e-mail to ask if they could subscribe me again to no avail. Maybe it got marked as spam?

So I have figured out how to sign up again I think :). I think due to browser issues the popup offering to sign up for the mailing list did not show on my pc, or I am simply blind. Anything much I missed in the last newsletter?

I believe the subscribe widget doesn't show up any further once closed. You can find an online version of the missed newsletter at https://mailchi.mp/fxtec/heres-the-latest-pro1-news-qwertz-camera-progress.

In future, you can also resubscribe at https://fxtec.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=adae1356e734fcdec77e6255f&id=9a393a9003.

I believe the subscribe widget doesn’t show up any further once closed. You can find an online version of the missed newsletter at https://mailchi.mp/fxtec/heres-the-latest-pro1-news-qwertz-camera-progress.

It would be nice if they were also made available in here.

The first ones were placed here: https://www.fxtec.com/blog/#blog

But that stopped for some reason.

PS I like that you got both the Logo as the avatar and FX on the name, so it is clear to everyone that you are part of the staff. *ThumbsUp*

Just because I wrote an e-mail on the same day when they sent the initial e-mail about beta testing, but I did not receive any reply or form-like questions…

Maybe they didn’t even receive my e-mail or it landed directly in spam folder, etc…

Sorry to hear you haven’t received a reply to your message. Our Microsoft Exchange email provider likely blocked the message as all queries are answered from our side. We will implement Zendesk before launch to improve this.

I believe the subscribe widget doesn’t show up any further once closed. You can find an online version of the missed newsletter at https://mailchi.mp/fxtec/heres-the-latest-pro1-news-qwertz-camera-progress.

In future, you can also resubscribe at https://fxtec.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=adae1356e734fcdec77e6255f&id=9a393a9003.

Aha yeah, possibly it just went into hiding, I did not try clearing cookies etc. Thanks for the missing newsletter! :)

Sorry to hear you haven’t received a reply to your message. Our Microsoft Exchange email provider likely blocked the message as all queries are answered from our side. We will implement Zendesk before launch to improve this.

Thank you Erik-FX for your reply.

I am a bit disappointed that you haven't received my e-mail (I have sent it one hour and two minutes after your request).

I have sent you that mail from the mail address registered on this site, however, I have just forwarded it now from an account of my own domain.

However, I am afraid it is too late now, but this possibility was very important for me and falling out without the possibility of even being part of the selection makes me really sad....

Anyway, I hope the best for F(x)tec and Pro1.

If I understood them correctly at the Düsseldorf event, they're aiming for around 10 beta testers and might even have selected them already (but not notified yet). The testers are mainly chosen by where they live and which mobile operator they're using, e.g. to make sure the phone works well with Verizon in the US and across all bands. Technical expertise seemed to be less important.

@fxtec – is it safe to say if we haven’t heard anything by now we were not selected? Or still working on it?

The beta testers have been pre-selected. We're waiting on the legal documentation / NDA to be prepared by our lawyer before we contact the chosen ones :). This is expected to happen in a week.

Erik

– is it safe to say if we haven’t heard anything by now we were not selected? Or still working on it?

The beta testers have been pre-selected. We’re waiting on the legal documentation / NDA to be prepared by our lawyer before we contact the chosen ones :). This is expected to happen in a week.

Erik

I'm sure they are all eager to know if selected. NDA's ETC could follow on ;)

Who are the beta testers?

Any updates :-)

I suspect they are not allowed to announce themselves or give any information in the forum. NDA and all that.