LineageOS, Current status : 16.0 Test Builds

11 minutes ago, tdm said:

but obviously there are only ten digits so I don't know what you have in mind for F11 and F12

- and =, almost goes without saying.  The entire top row except esc and backspace.

In theory gapps should persist from install to install.  If that is not working, someone may need to investigate.  You do not need to re-install the recovery once you have it.  I'll try to get the instructions updated.

Hmm.  I tried booting after flashing test6 on top of test4 and immediately got errors about google services crashing, so flashed mindthegapps again and that went away, but every google app I tried crashed until I removed and reinstalled it.   I'll see what happens when test7 comes along.

Edited by Craig
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright it's officially official. Now we wait for the first build. I don't know what day that will be, but it will be within 7 days.   https://github.com/LineageOS/hudson/commit/0233cb5e039e

I am pleased to announce test builds for LineageOS 16.0.   Please note this thread is for test builds.  These builds are not necessarily stable or suitable for daily use.   You can

Hey all, it's been a while since I've been here so I wanted to pop in and give an update.   I live in Seattle, which has been under stay-at-home orders for over two weeks and will continue u

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, tdm said:

You are currently able to make KEY_FN+KEY_# into KEY_F# (but obviously there are only ten digits so I don't know what you have in mind for F11 and F12).

Well the obvious candidates would be the two keys right of 0, so KeyFn+KeyMinus and KeyFn+KeyEqual

And awesome that a new build is close. I have just promoted the FinalSample from SnapDragon to your Test6, and it generally runs really well

HAH! and as I wrote this I had the first crash on the PreProd *LOL* talk about Hybris... It needed a 7-sek power press to get alive. It was at 18%, and has plummeted from 60% in five hours(!). It was idle on the desk with screen off and no internet. It seems the main culprit (according to GSAM) is [email protected]

first of all, thanks for all your effort you put in this, great work @tdm!

I'm not sure if this is still an standard option in the vanilla LOS, but it was available some time ago that you can lock your device by double tapping the notification bar, is this still a thing or is there any other way to lock it without the power button?

I'm using mine as a daily driver, that's why I'm still waiting a bit before changing, otherwise I would just have tested this myself.

• Thanks 1

test7 is up.  This has some missing audio libs that should make audio behave better.  Please test and let me know.  a2dp is still broken but other bluetooth functions seem to be okay (tested file transfer). @EskeRahn this will hopefully make [email protected] behave better.

@EskeRahn no I didn't do any screen calibration that I'm aware.

@Kabbone yes double tap to sleep works.

• Thanks 5
1 hour ago, tdm said:

test7 is up.  This has some missing audio libs that should make audio behave better.  Please test and let me know.  a2dp is still broken but other bluetooth functions seem to be okay (tested file transfer). @EskeRahn this will hopefully make [email protected] behave better.

@EskeRahn no I didn't do any screen calibration that I'm aware.

@Kabbone yes double tap to sleep works.

I will try it immediately... *LOL*

Odd that it looks so much better than stock android. I am too lazy to flash it back to stock, just to make sure it is not  this unit that is magically better....

EDIT: Checked again, and the issues is there, but not at the very lowest brightness settings, And I think I got tricked by that, as the LineageOS seems to allow me to go darker, and this hides the problem also....

34 minutes ago, tdm said:

test7 is up.  This has some missing audio libs that should make audio behave better.  Please test and let me know.  a2dp is still broken but other bluetooth functions seem to be okay (tested file transfer). this will hopefully make [email protected] behave better.

Flashing right now. Hopefully it will help with audio and calls :)

6 hours ago, tdm said:

The libs I found are vendor/lib/libgcs*.so.  I already had the 64-bit versions of those, but apparently the 32-bit versions are also needed.  What a2dp items did you find?  I'm still not getting a2dp to work. 😕

@tdm The items I was just referring to were a line or 2 in the build.prop file.  Also, looking at the file comparison, I noted a few additional audio libraries in the lib64 that are not present in the latest update to the vendor files (libaudioalso.so, libaoa.so and libaudio_log_utils.so).  I'm guessing those are not necessary?

Anyhow, I'll compile an updated vendor.img tomorrow with the changes you pushed and see how it goes.

Edited by JooJooBee666
  • Thanks 2
51 minutes ago, JooJooBee666 said:

@tdm The items I was just referring to were a line or 2 in the build.prop file.  Also, looking at the file comparison, I noted a few additional audio libraries in the lib64 that are not present in the latest update to the vendor files (libaudioalso.so, libaoa.so and libaudio_log_utils.so).  I'm guessing those are not necessary?

Anyhow, I'll compile an updated vendor.img tomorrow with the changes you pushed and see how it goes.

Okay well if you could share those lines from build.prop that might help.

I'll look into those audio libs... my device tree started life as a copy of the 1+5/5t device tree, which is also msm8998 so the libs list should be pretty close to accurate.

48 minutes ago, tdm said:

Okay well if you could share those lines from build.prop that might help.

I'll look into those audio libs... my device tree started life as a copy of the 1+5/5t device tree, which is also msm8998 so the libs list should be pretty close to accurate.

@tdm Sure.  Looks like it was just one line:

persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aptx-aptxhd-aac

19 hours ago, tdm said:

/sys/bus/i2c/drivers/aw9523b/6-0058/keymap" in a format that I mentioned earlier: "key:code:fn-code", where "key" is the physical key number in decimal, "code" is the regular Linux key code in hex, and "fn-code" is the slant-arrow Linux key code logically OR-ed with any modifiers (0x8000 for shift, 0x4000 for ctrl, 0x2000 for alt). 

Can I include comments in the file?  // or # or anything?    Just to keep track of stuff easier.... 

I think I did the F-keys and Ins and described, and key_power on spacebar in the attached file.   I'm going to test it now and see if I did it right, if so I'll edit this out to confirm it works.

And, some praise!  I'm finally starting to understand why you're hiding the slant-arrow keys from user and handling them this way.  Your method will allow us to use standard aosp layouts, yet control Fn independently in this easy to edit keymap file.    I like it.   Of course I still want to remap my right slant arrow and just use the left for this functionality, but you said that's coming, so I'm very pleased.   I😉

re-edit: F1-F12 all work, along with key_power. updated attached if anyone else wants to use it.

keymap keymap.comments.txt

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

I just installed test7, and gapps not happy.   This also happened when I flashed test6, and to fix I flashed mindthegapps again (and then reinstalled each google app i tried one by one cuz they immediately crashed when I ran them after doing so, but flashing mindthegapps got rid of the play services stopping).   I'll leave it like this overnight incase there's something I can do to debug it to help others, but phone not very usable in this state cuz even if i click close app, or waiting ~10sec for it to disappear by itself, it just pops back up.

Screenshot_20200225-225548_Nova_Launcher.png

Edited by Craig

Certainly worth a shot, thanks for the idea David.  Other than the fact I somehow bricked myself before I had a chance to try!

While it was complaining about google, I used adb root shell to copy over an updated keymap file without extra white space, to see if that solved my F6-F12 issue.  Then I used the power button to select reboot.  I planned to test function keys, update earlier post about keymap, and call it a night and deal with google tomorrow, perhaps after reading some advice.

But it wouldn't boot.  Just splash then never-ending boot animation.  So I held power button, and when it finally powers off it, it turns itself back on a second later and repeats.  So then I tried to get it into bootloader by holding power til it turned off then pushing voldown+power before it turned itself back on.  Kept missing the timing and tried a few times (I much prefer to type adb reboot bootloader or select reboot to bootloader from the LOS advanced power menu than try these key combinations btw) and one time when I powered down, it stayed off.  And wont come back on.  

Literal brick.  If I wasn't sure I had a half full battery when I took the previous screenshot I might think no juice.  I've also tried plugging it into power, nothing.   Not even charge LED.  Completely dead.

edit: resolved

As David suggested, I held buttons down a long time and it turned back on.  Flashed mindthegapps and it boots again.

Edited by Craig
  • Sad 1

Ugh.  That sucks.  Maybe try holding power and volume down for about 20 or 30 seconds to see if that brings it back to life.

I don't know enough about how the LOS build is set up.  Can you do any file copying with ADB when you are in recovery?  If you can get into recovery, you could possibly mount system in recovery and use ADB to copy the previous version of the keyboard file over.  I don't remember if I tried to read anything from /system with ADB when I was in recovery and connected to my computer, so I don't know that is accessible with the stock recovery.

Alternatively, have these images changed anything with the fastboot mode to allow ADB through that? (doubtful)

If you can get back into fastboot, then you can obviously reflash image files to the various partitions.

This all assumes you can get it to boot again into recovery or fastboot mode.  If not, it seems you'd have to use @tdm's EDL tool to get it back in working order?

Oh, and regarding the boot loop stuff and trying to get back into fastboot mode, I think if you hold power and volume down until it powers down, you can then keep holding down volume down, but release the power button.  That assumes it bounces back and powers on automatically.  If it is in a mode where it isn't powering on automatically, then you can keep holding both of them, or just keep volume down pressed and press and release the power button to turn it on, but sneak in ahead of anything that is happening too fast for you to get the volume down key pressed in time (since it will have been pressed from before the power on/restart event).

Edited by david
  • Like 1

Sorry, regarding accessing /system, I thought that is where the keyboard files were.  I see now that they are in /sys.  I doubt you can access that from the stock recovery, unless some change has been made to it.  Seems like if you can get back into fastboot, your only recourse is to flash .img files over the top of the various partitions?  If there is another way you can access files when in fastboot or recovery, I'd be interested in learning about that.

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

I was putting the file in /persist/data/keyboard/  not /sys.  I don't think thats related.  I suspect I will have to try that tool.

Power + volume down for 20-30 seconds didn't bring it back to life?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, tdm said:

The pro1 doesn't have an aptX license so that property should not be set.

Huh... that's strange to hear since it seems people can use aptX on stock. Or does that mean the license is only available on stock and not in LOS (and is there anyway to bring that over if that's the case)?

18 minutes ago, cinaeco said:

Huh... that's strange to hear since it seems people can use aptX on stock. Or does that mean the license is only available on stock and not in LOS (and is there anyway to bring that over if that's the case)?

From the reports I have seen on the stock, it seems people can use aptXhd but not aptX - can not find any logic in that though....

8 hours ago, tdm said:

The pro1 doesn't have an aptX license so that property should not be set.

Hmm, ok.  I didn't dig in to what the property does.  Just comparing the build.prop (and the libs) from the stock vendor image but I guess that doesn't mean FxTec left some unneeded cruft in there.

Anyhow, I'm going to test out an updated vendor image today.  I'll let you know how it goes.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1