Network Compatibility

Known Networks: (updated 2/3/2020)

1&1 (DE): Must add APN manually to enable LTE data, no problems observed after adding APN from carrier web site (1 report)

3.dk (DK): Working with no problems observed (1 report)

AldiMobile (Telstra) (AU): Working with fully-patched stock OS, cannot place calls with LineageOS or unpatched stock OS (1 report)

AT&T (US): Working with no problems (2 reports)

D2 (Vodafone) (DE): Working with no problems observed (1 report)

Deutsche Telekom (D1) (DE): Basic functions working, no LTE (1 report)

FreedomPop (AT&T) (US): Working with no problems observed after manually adding APN (1 report)

Google Fi (T-mobile) (US): SIM transfer resulted in error ID B042, manual activation with new SIM not yet attempted. App and MMS receiving don't work. (3 reports)

Mint (T-Mobile) (US): Working with no problems observed after manually adding APN (1 report)

Optus (AU): Working with fully-patched stock OS, cannot place calls with LineageOS or unpatched stock OS (1 report)

Partner (Orange) (IL): GSM working with no problems observed, no VoLTE (1 report)

Pelephone (IL): LTE/WCDMA working with no problems observed, no VoLTE (1 report)

Sunrise (CH): Working with no problems observed (1 report)

T-Mobile (US): Works well after manually adding APN, poorly without it. WiFi calling requires T-mobile customer service to register the device. (2 reports)

Telia (SE): GSM & LTE working fine, APNs correct and VoLTE on by default, VoWiFi off by default but does work when enabled. (1 report)

Tello (Sprint) (US): Couldn't activate device. Mule activation not yet attempted. (1 report)

Ting (T-Mobile) (US): Working with no problems observed (1 report)

Verizon (US): Cannot activate device directly, SIM swap from a VoLTE-provisioned mule, then *#*#4636#*#* and flip all the switches and reboot WORKS for LTE and VoLTE only. CDMA not working. (2 reports)

If you'd like to discuss the issues with Pro1 and Verizon, a separate topic exists for that. https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2133-fxtec-on-verizon/

SIM Insertion:

SIM insertion is unusual but simple on these phones. Unfortunately the leaflet that comes with the phone has some out-of-date information from a previous phone revision, including an incorrect photo. For best results, insert or remove the SIM and/or SD cards with the phone display facing down. The notch to pull it out is on the display side, which then is facing down. It is easy to grab with a fingernail or toothpick. (Special thanks to EskeRahn for this information, and his help with updating this post!)

• Like 6
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Known Networks: (updated 2/3/2020) 1&1 (DE): Must add APN manually to enable LTE data, no problems observed after adding APN from carrier web site (1 report) 3.dk (DK): Working with no p

I feel that having a one-stop shop for network compatibility information will be valuable. Please post as you attempt to use the Pro1 with the various networks, and the experience you have. I will mai

It would be good if you could list any settings you needed to change in order to get it working for a given carrier too (like Craig listed that he had to add an APN).

Posted Images

FreedomPop (AT&T MVNO) (USA) working so far with no issues, although had to manually add APN.

Tried to get a Tello plan (Sprint MVNO) (USA) but the website won't accept the IMEI or MEID.   Quite disappointed about that actually as I intended it for primary, with the freedompop as backup when no sprint available.

I'm quite interested if anyone gets Pro1 working on any CDMA carrier.

Edited by Craig

I'm using Ting, which is an MVNO on T-Mobile. I put the SIM in, got a text message saying they were downloading new settings, and then shortly later everything worked. I turned WIFI off and was able to get a 4G connection. I have not done extensive testing, but everything (SMS, MMS, phone, data) seems to work.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Craig said:

FreedomPop (AT&T MVNO) (USA) working so far with no issues, although had to manually add APN.

Tried to get a Tello plan (Sprint MVNO) (USA) but the website won't accept the IMEI or MEID.   Quite disappointed about that actually as I intended it for primary, with the freedompop as backup when no sprint available.

I'm quite interested if anyone gets Pro1 working on any CDMA carrier.

I think if this is going to happen, it'll have to be with a mule as silversolver suggested.  That's the only hope with Verizon (at least at this time).

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, zurvan2 said:

I'm using Ting, which is an MVNO on T-Mobile. I put the SIM in, got a text message saying they were downloading new settings, and then shortly later everything worked. I turned WIFI off and was able to get a 4G connection. I have not done extensive testing, but everything (SMS, MMS, phone, data) seems to work.

You didn't have to select an APN or add one?

1 hour ago, Hook said:

So I took my Verizon SIM (which is still active) from my Moto G6 and put it in the Pro 1.  Same thing.  The Pro 1 recognizes the SIM, I get APNs but no matter what I choose, it won't call or text. Put the SIM back in the G6, everything is fine.

I'm fine with AT&T, so I think I'm just going to carry on.

I think if this is going to happen, it'll have to be with a mule as silversolver suggested.  That's the only hope with Verizon (at least at this time).

Just for clarification, my mom's Motorola G4+ (current phone) and brother's G5+ (old phone) both supported VoLTE.  Hook has the Moto G6, so it more than likely supports VoLTE.  I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer or a party pooper, but when I had my HTC One A9, I tried my brother's then activated VoLTE Verizon sim card and inserted it into my phone, and I got signal, but nothing further than that as calls and texts would not work.  The One A9 was supposed to be the first CDMA-less phone to be allowed on their network, but Verizon backed out at the last minute.  Unless Verizon certifies the Pro1, I don't see them letting anyone activate it on their network.

Edited by ksal95
Forgot to quote an additional person

To do this correctly the mules need to be a new activation (see my post in the Verizon thread).  I'm not saying it'll work, just saying that's the only hope (without Verizon officially allowing the device).  I'm pretty certain that if you start punching these phone's IMEIs into the BYOP Verizon validator (on their website), it'll come back as no longer being able to be activated.  I have numerous phones which are currently active, but now come back as "not compatible" and wouldn't be able to be used as mules.

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, zurvan2 said:

Nope, just worked. I believe I've had it done before by support when I was having difficulty configuring them on my wife's phone. 

Oh, was the sim previously in a T-mobile phone?

6 minutes ago, zurvan2 said:

It was a Ting sim from my last phone which was also on Ting.

I'm not positive, but I think there is a chance that the sim could have had enough information such that Android could select the right APN for you based on that information on the sim.  For those people with brand new sims that haven't been in a T-Mobile branded phone yet (or a T-Mobile MVNO phone yet), it might be a more manual process.  I'll find out when I get my phone, as I have a brand new sim that hasn't been in a phone yet.  I'll go through the activation, hopefully, on T-Mobile's site and then see what the Pro1 does with it.  Now, this sim was purchased from a T-Mobile store, so there is a chance they did some magic with it already, but other people should have the same experience if they go the new sim route. 

My old phone uses a physically bigger sim, so I can't use that with the Pro1.  I could try it with sims from other android phones in the house that use the same sized sim, but that would be after disturbing the state of the phone by setting it up on the fresh sim.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, zurvan2 said:

Bigger -> Smaller SIM might be possible. SIM cards usually have punch-outs to make them smaller.

Not if they predated the existence of smaller SIMs. 😉

But yes, for anyone with a SIM they acquired in recent years, if they have been using it as a mini-sim (aka standard-sim) or micro-sim, they might be able to punch it out to a nano-SIM size.  The only problem with that is that they can't put it back into the original phone without using an adapter:

Nano SIM Card to MICRO Standard SIM Adapter converter SET For iPhone & Samsung