Network Compatibility

@Pete I posted this in another thread, but mentioned I would get around to it here, so I'm posting it here as well.  I finally got around to doing extensive testing with the Pro1 and both a Motorola Droid 4 and a Samsung S8+ in multiple bands and with multiple carriers. The Pro1 was always 3 to 5 dBm weaker than my Droid 4 in the same band (only B13 on the D4), to the same sites, and from the same locations on Verizon.  In regard to the S8+, the Pro1 was always 3 to 7 dBm weaker in the same bands, to the same sites, and from the same locations on AT&T.  I used the actual values being reported by the radio and not the interpreted/manipulated signal percentages or bars.  Furthermore, I tested it at my house, but also drove around town in the fringe areas to hit multiple sites from multiple locations.  I spent hours doing this and the results were very clear.  I haven't done any WiFi testing yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Known Networks: (updated 2/3/2020) 1&1 (DE): Must add APN manually to enable LTE data, no problems observed after adding APN from carrier web site (1 report) 3.dk (DK): Working with no p

I feel that having a one-stop shop for network compatibility information will be valuable. Please post as you attempt to use the Pro1 with the various networks, and the experience you have. I will mai

It would be good if you could list any settings you needed to change in order to get it working for a given carrier too (like Craig listed that he had to add an APN).

Posted Images

Hello:

In Spain I tried with 3 networks companies.

-Lowi has Network data, but can't make-recive calls. Works perfect with LTE/GSM/TDSCDMA

-Symio as same as lowi. Works perfect with LTE/GSM/TDSCDMA

-Pepephone works perfect in Global

Someone knows the solution.

Edited by bioepi
new config tried
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, archseraphim said:

Didn't see it in the list, so Telus (Canada) working with no issues. 4G, calls, SMS, MMS, other data, all good.

Using mine on Koodo (Telus subsidiary), but so far my reception has been horrid. I can't make calls at all in my room where I can with my Priv.

I don't have concrete proof, but it seems like my phone is locked out of its band 4 and 7 LTE and using only 2, 13, 17 based on my observations inside LTE Discovery. Without the primary bands it'll be poor.

Which network mode are you using on yours?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 8:20 PM, ToniCipriani said:

Using mine on Koodo (Telus subsidiary), but so far my reception has been horrid. I can't make calls at all in my room where I can with my Priv.

I don't have concrete proof, but it seems like my phone is locked out of its band 4 and 7 LTE and using only 2, 13, 17 based on my observations inside LTE Discovery. Without the primary bands it'll be poor.

Which network mode are you using on yours?

Connected to LTE band 4 as we speak. Anything specific you want me to check?

• 1 month later...

Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) is working fine for me, including LTE (4G).

Only thing I that's not working is voice over Wifi (called "WLAN Call" on Telekom network). That would actually be very helpful for me (and was working great on my Samsung Galaxy S9) since in my office I have good Wifi connection, but mobile connection is very poor due to metal roof on the building.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Casanunda said:

Only thing I that's not working is voice over Wifi (called "WLAN Call" on Telekom network). That would actually be very helpful for me (and was working great on my Samsung Galaxy S9) since in my office I have good Wifi connection, but mobile connection is very poor due to metal roof on the building.

Your provider MIGHT have to explicitly enable VoWiFi for your sim - assuming you have not just moved the sim over. Try asking their support 🙂

4 hours ago, Casanunda said:

I'm using Aldi talk with working WifiCalls (verified by putting the phone in airplane mode and only enabling wifi).

I don't think I changed any setting in the network menu of the phone (I may have flipped the wifi call switch to enabled) (*#*#INFO#*#* , or https://f-droid.org/de/packages/de.mangelow.network)

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 6:23 PM, Casanunda said:

VoLTE is working fine, btw.

Are you on stock Android, or have you flashed LineageOS?

If you are on normal android, I'm very interested in knowing how you got that working. see this thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 12:37 PM, Casanunda said:

Hmm, Wifi Call switch is enabled in the INFO menu.

Thanks for the hint, though.

I have the same question. I did not find the option how to enable calls over wifi (e.g. option to receive calls on your phone number over the home wifi, when the 4g network is not good at your home). I am on stock android 9. My carrier mentioned that they cannot activate this on their side, it has to be done on the phone. I could do this on the samsung of my wife and the iphone of my son, but did not find this option on the pro1.

By the way: I have seen swisscom (CH) is not on the list on the first page of this thread. No problem with network compatibility (4G)

Edited by OKSun
  • Like 1

Google Fi worked for me without issue. I already had a Fi account - downloaded the Google Fi app, and it activated flawlessly.

Didn't have to mess with the network settings, mobile data is fine.

I can send/receive SMS/MMS messages without issue. Or I think I can.

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The odd thing is that if I in Stock settings search start to type "wi-fi-calling" it knows where the setting is supposed to be - it just do not display (It displays correctly on LineageOS)

Stock:

Screenshot_20200814-154301.thumb.png.8d88c3076c023a445ff42e5f42cfb670.png Screenshot_20200814-150402.thumb.png.2cdfc3bd47fbd94cb377d0f3baec7dba.png 142.36 kB · 0 downloads

LineageOS

Screenshot_20200814-150337_Phone_Services.thumb.png.7d3f02e1404763d4fc1dd0e333016924.png

Yes. I also end up in "network settings" of my carrier after selecting "wifi calling" in the results of the search.

In this page network settings, I also do not have a menu "wi-fi calling" .

Edited by OKSun
  • Like 1