Factory Restore Tool

Please note, this is not an official FxTec tool.  It is my own creation.  FxTec should not be expected to support this tool or any damage caused by its use.

This tool will allow you to restore your Pro1 to a factory clean state no matter how badly it is messed up.  You may use it to restore a "bricked" device or just load the latest firmware.

You can find the software and detailed instructions here:

Factory Restore for FxTec Pro1

Please report any issues here.

Edited by tdm
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 12
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please note, this is not an official FxTec tool.  It is my own creation.  FxTec should not be expected to support this tool or any damage caused by its use.   This tool will allow you to res

Okay all, I finally found some time to look at this some more.  As it turns out, the xbl partitions are not actually being written by the current package due to a bug in the programming instructions. 

Nope, I won't send him a bill, he got the refund as requested. 🙂 It's working, so I'm fine. I'll also offer unbrick-services in my shop, probably free for users who bought from me and everyo

Posted Images

Ubuntu 18.04LTS based:

./qfpkg_gui: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I assume I just need to install a dependency (maybe libjpeg-dev?  or libjpeg62? lotsa this stuff in repos), or is this an appimage?

aptsearch.txt

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Ubuntu 18.04LTS based:

./qfpkg_gui: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I assume I just need to install a dependency (maybe libjpeg-dev?  or libjpeg62? lotsa this stuff in repos), or is this an appimage?

You need libjpeg62 (sudo apt install libjpeg62).

aptsearch.txt 1.95 kB · 1 download

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some stuff in SystemUI Tuner does work, but it's danger zone. Test your changes in an emulator perhaps. Though even there I had the same setting not break as hard (System UI just kept crashing and could still use the screen to revert the setting). Stuff like forcing immersive mode or hiding status bar icons seem to work.
We always think we know what we're doing, but stuff sometimes actually ends up going wrong after all.

• Like 1

It did work for applying immersive mode.  But I don't think I'll be experimenting with any any more untested tweaks.   What I did particularly that caused the crash was set it to only display 1 quicklaunch icon.  My actual goal was zero, but saw that setting and decided to try just to see what it did... oops!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I did not get it to work; always timeout.  

But I'm not stuck, fastboot worked.

Okay good to hear you got your device working.

One problem I've had is finding the correct programmer binary for all the devices out there. My device will only accept a very old programmer binary, not the production one. I suspect you may have a similar problem.

Do you have a retail device or a pre-production device?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Craig said:

Retail

Thanks. Do you mind testing a new package? I'll make it significantly smaller for the test and you don't need to actually write to your device.

Edit: and which OS are you using on the host PC? Looks like Linux?

Edited by tdm
  • Like 2

i have the same problem on macOS. on Windows the tool tells me "Cannot open device" 😞 at the moment i cant even boot my pro1 into bootloader or fastboot. but the tool it self says "device detected".

i have the production device.

Any ideas?

Edited by devyl
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, devyl said:

i have the same problem on macOS. on Windows the tool tells me "Cannot open device" 😞 at the moment i cant even boot my pro1 into bootloader or fastboot. but the tool it self says "device detected".

i have the production device.

Any ideas?

I'll get you a new package to try soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@devyl @Craig here is a package that has the "old" programmer that works with my prototype phone.  I've excluded system, vendor, and userdata partitions from the package to make it smaller (77mb vs 1.5gb).  Please let me know if it works.  If it succeeds, you should be able to get to the bootloader and then flash system and vendor using fastboot.

QX1000_user_20191028_oldfirehose_base.qfp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, devyl said:

works, but my problem is not fixed... it still doesn't boot - even not to the bootloader. could you add all that is in /dev/sdb (bootloader)?

Okay good to know that it works. I'll update the main package later today.

That package has all that is needed to get into the boot loader. It only excludes system, vendor, and data. How are you trying to get into the boot loader? You should start with power off, then hold the volume down key, then press the power key. Once you see the boot loader screen, release the power key first and then release the volume key. If that does not work, tell me exactly what you see in the screen (if anything).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1