FX Tec response time on emails requesting a refund.

Well, @silversolver, you are probably gonna hate what I'm about to say.

The reason why I want a refund is that I already own it. I'm writing this on the Pro1 and I'm very happy with it. I got it on DragonBox.

I kinda feel bad for skipping in queue but I also absolutely love the device.

I'm just worried because I got a very fast answer when I first contacted suppot and now it's silent.

• Like 3
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The team is going through them all, we are not ignoring anyone. Please be aware that replying to unanswered tickets will bump it to the end of the queue. That's how all help desks work from the back e

Then say Pro1 three times out loud (or once with a scottish accent)

So, the upshot of this thread is that the title is clickbait.  They aren't ignoring anyone's refund request. 🙄

2 hours ago, Keyahnig said:

The reason why I want a refund is that I already own it. I'm writing this on the Pro1 and I'm very happy with it. I got it on DragonBox.

I'm just worried because I got a very fast answer when I first contacted suppot and now it's silent.

If you paid with a credit card, you usually have a certain period of time revoking the payment so I'd kindly ask them again to please return the money and tell them they have e.g. 2 weeks to do so (set a certain amount of time). If nothing has happened by then, just ask your credit card provider to take the money back because of an undelivered product.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Keyahnig said:

Yep, I hate that you cut in line. I hate that some lawyer presumably put F(x)tec in a bad position and made it possible.

I'm sure you will get your original money back. What with people out for the holidays and now admins in factories instead of offices, I'm sure it's just a delay. Do know that the system resets your position in line when you send another message, so patience is more than just a virtue; it's necessary if you wish to get a response at all.

Also, I'm glad that you like the device. People who have already received their devices and like them is the only reason there hasn't been more of a refund bloodbath than there has been as it is. In that regard the small shipments previously were absolute lifesavers.

Edited by silversolver
  • Like 2

Asked for a refund on Dec 23rd.

Got a reply on Dec 30th.

Answered that on Jan 01st (to go ahead with my refund).

Still no reply and no refund since then.

Edit: order is still "processing" on the website.

Edited by KarstenOlaf
Grammar and statusupdate
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, _DW_ said:

Remember only a director can approve so depends on there availability.

And we know Chen is in China at the factory, and I would guess Adrian is representing them at CES... So that is likely to delay approvals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, silversolver said:

In what other company do the directors go to the factory and make product because they want their customers to get their devices sooner? I love these people!

I always imagined him with a whip making sure they worked hard 😄

• Haha 3
Just now, _DW_ said:

I always imagined him with a whip making sure they worked hard 😄

RIP the factory workers in that parallel universe, however, this current one probably

hopefully 

doesn't involve Chen whipping factory workers 

😇
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, silversolver said:

In what other company do the directors go to the factory and make product because they want their customers to get their devices sooner?

Usually that's the main reason for a director to go to the factory 😉    If everything going perfect, director stays home.

• Like 2

I think I should write here too.  On December 26th I requested a refund; on December 30th, support answered me that "Everything is fine, confirm that you want a refund."  After that, support ignored me until January 9th, they wrote “within a week the request will be processed”, since then no one has answered me anymore.

• Sad 1

It seems like support is also preoccupied with the production and delivery. Yesterday I got the stock assigned e-mail although I cancelled three weeks ago...

I wrote to support to inform them that I'm cancelling my order and want a refund. They routinely asked if I was sure and I confirmed, and that, so far, was the end of it (communications-wise). Nevertheless I consider my order cancelled and don't want the phone, even if they send it now.

Edited by eu07_171
to clarify any confusion
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm afraid that I will have the same thing.  But I no longer want a phone with the specifications of my old phone and the price of a new google pixel.  I waited a whole year, I pre-ordered in April, paid right after I received a payment message and all I have is "wait another month."

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Ingvin said:

I'm afraid that I will have the same thing.  But I no longer want a phone with the specifications of my old phone and the price of a new google pixel.  I waited a whole year, I pre-ordered in April, paid right after I received a payment message and all I have is "wait another month."

How can you say that? "The specifications of my old phone" includes a fast processor AND fabulous hardware keyboard? Which unicorn is that?

The obsession with processor specifications is like some people's obsession with car horsepower.....how much can you really use in the real world? The Pro1 has plenty of "specs" for any use case other than functioning as a server.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same hardware and proccessor but without keyboard, so keyboard for 250$? And yes I want new hardware just because it support new technologies (I bought old phone in 2017). And it is MY opinion. You can buy and use phone if you want. I am complaining only about "no answer within two weeks" from support.
And about the obsession, you don't know how people use their phones. You are right sometimes I used my phone as a server for testing just because I needed arm arch.

6 minutes ago, Ingvin said:

Same hardware and proccessor but without keyboard, so keyboard for 250$? And yes I want new hardware just because it support new technologies (I bought old phone in 2017). And it is MY opinion. You can buy and use phone if you want. I am complaining only about "no answer within two weeks" from support.
And about the obsession, you don't know how people use their phones. You are right sometimes I used my phone as a server for testing just because I needed arm arch.

If the keyboard is not THE important thing for you, then sure you can get more bang for your bucks with a slab.

And you might consider a bluetooth keyboard. On a desk the functionality is quite similar.

For some of us the keyboard is THE most important thing, and the rest just 'has to work'.

To each their own, Different devices for different people & use cases.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I wanted phone with keyboard and I had HTC x9500 ten years ago, but now my priorities changed. I know about bluetooth keyboard and thought about it and year ago I saw Pro1 with keyboard and rare hdmi-over-usb tech and pre-ordered it. But know I see many phones with hdmi, so I decided to cancel order.

No offense to the company and the idea of phone with qwerty keyboard. Maybe I will buy phone in future when prices will go down or Fxtec will make new model and I buy it, who knows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ingvin said:

Get yourself a dev board for that 😉

2 hours ago, Zamasu said:

That's standard for USB-C. USB-C was rarer at some point, but I think most new phones now have USB-C over Micro.

a £15 dongle will do, and it is supported by the Pro1. See e.g. this

• Erik locked this topic