Let's Talk Cases.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:52 PM, MickH said:

Do you have 53 pairs of shoes to match too?ย ๐Ÿ‘ž๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿฅพ๐Ÿฅฟ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ก๐Ÿ‘ขย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh my... That is obviously a statement coming from a boy.
Who would match their shoes to their cases? Shoes should match purses.
And I have more than 53 of those too (shows AND purses).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, sequestris said:

Oh my... That is obviously a statement coming from a boy.
Who would match their shoes to their cases? Shoes should match purses.
And I have more than 53 of those too (shows AND purses).

Clearly a bunch of amateursย ๐Ÿคช

• Haha 3

But to be on topic a little, I'm still not sure if I would want a case for the Pro1. Of course I would like to protect it because it will be the most expensive phone I ever had but I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the ability to quickly open it whenever I want or spoil the looks of the device with a bulky case.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

But to be on topic a little, I'm still not sure if I would want a case for the Pro1. Of course I would like to protect it because it will be the most expensive phone I ever had but I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice the ability to quickly open it whenever I want or spoil the looks of the device with a bulky case.

I would recommend finding a flip case you like the look of, then. Do bear in mind that if you want to change the phone's positioning so that you don't end up with the flap toward yourself, you will use the flip case upside down, and that may degrade the aesthetics.

Personally, I went for the case I've attached to this message. Looks good in theory, but since I am going to do the upside down thing, I'll have to cut open a little slit that will end up on the compass pattern (I think the hole for the notification led won't be, though). In addition, the little closing flap will end up being on the bottom, which looks kinda weird. Lastly, that little closing flap is somewhat large and may end up being an annoyance when I use the phone.

kalibri-Huawei-P20-PRO-Cover-in-Pelle.jpg

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Raksura said:

I would recommend finding a flip case you like the look of, then. Do bear in mind that if you want to change the phone's positioning so that you don't end up with the flap toward yourself, you will use the flip case upside down, and that may degrade the aesthetics.

Personally, I went for the case I've attached to this message. Looks good in theory, but since I am going to do the upside down thing, I'll have to cut open a little slit that will end up on the compass pattern (I think the hole for the notification led won't be, though). In addition, the little closing flap will end up being on the bottom, which looks kinda weird. Lastly, that little closing flap is somewhat large and may end up being an annoyance when I use the phone.

I hope someone find a case that naturally opens in the other direction. Maybe we should be looking in countries with right-to-left reading direction, as they would have the wanted book direction as the natural one (The cover opening to the right). So If we can find a Japanese phone with the right dimensions we might get a good chance.

I can not read Japanese at all, so are limited to translations, but perhaps we got someone in here that can do the right search? Similar to this search but including all the a Japanese devices GSMarena does not.

I optimistically tried this: https://www.google.com/search?q=huawei+"p20+pro"+site:.jp&tbm=ischย  but did not find any opening to the right.

• Like 1

@EskeRahnย I just read about your case mods, you did a great job on the docu. regarding all aspects of the device + case. Last night Iย dreamt thatย I got my pro1 aka theย Sexy Klickboard. In that same dream I also got the headphones and case that Fx included forย preorders in 02/2019. ย I have this wet dream way too often, but last night was the first time I saw the case. I swear it looked identical to your prototypes (ย precision fabricatedย ). Once all the devices are delivered I hope fx will design the case to help fight off water or impact. ย 

However, I stumbled across this entry on your blog.

ย Tetra pack folding ย best post ever

I am going home and drinking all my milk (so i can grow big and strong) Then the folding will begin! (pics later) If I were really cool, I would fold a case for the Sexy Klickboard.

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, rob said:

@EskeRahnย I just read about your case mods, you did a great job on the docu. regarding all aspects of the device + case. Last night Iย dreamt thatย I got my pro1 aka theย Sexy Klickboard. In that same dream I also got the headphones and case that Fx included forย preorders in 02/2019. ย I have this wet dream way too often, but last night was the first time I saw the case. I swear it looked identical to your prototypes (ย precision fabricatedย ). Once all the devices are delivered I hope fx will design the case to help fight off water or impact. ย 

However, I stumbled across this entry on your blog.

ย Tetra pack folding ย best post ever

I am going home and drinking all my milk (so i can grow big and strong) Then the folding will begin! (pics later) If I were really cool, I would fold a case for the Sexy Klickboard.

I never even thought of folding a milk carton for a case - now there is a challenge!! As the standard 1l is slightly less wide than the Pro1, it is not going to be easy... ๐Ÿคช

I never even thought about folding a mlik carton at all!ย  Sure, I flatten things like that to make them take less space in the bin, but that's where the folding stops.

Maybe cuz I mainly buy milk in 1 us gallon plastic jugs it never crossed my mind.ย  (In US only 1/2 gallon and smaller available in cardboard.)

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Craig said:

I never even thought about folding a mlik carton at all!ย  Sure, I flatten things like that to make them take less space in the bin, but that's where the folding stops.

Maybe cuz I mainly buy milk in 1 us gallon plastic jugs it never crossed my mind.ย  (In US only 1/2 gallon and smaller available in cardboard.)

Same here.ย  I am wondering if there are more thick liquids (yogurt, etc) sold in cardboard cartons versus in the USA, so it isn't something that we need to do over here to get the products out of the containers?

12 minutes ago, david said:

Same here.ย  I am wondering if there are more thick liquids (yogurt, etc) sold in cardboard cartons versus in the USA, so it isn't something that we need to do over here to get the products out of the containers?

Both thick products and milk. Also simply a matter of more compact waste, so you don't fill the bag as quickly, but we are getting terribly off topic here *LOL*

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, _DW_ said:

I have 2.ย  Well 1 pair shoes 1 pair boots ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh wow. That's very minimalist. I'm a dude, and I like to think I'm a man's man, but I've got WAY more shoes than that. I guess it's because I have to function in professional circles, outdoor activities, some of which are pretty hard work, and 6 MONTHS OF WHITE FLAKES TRYING TO BURY ME because I'm an idiot and live in Northern Michigan. ROFL!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

While milk can also become a thick product quite easily.

Except that I don't think I want to get every last drop of it out of the carton when that happens! :-)

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, silversolver said:

Oh wow. That's very minimalist. I'm a dude, and I like to think I'm a man's man, but I've got WAY more shoes than that. I guess it's because I have to function in professional circles, outdoor activities, some of which are pretty hard work, and 6 MONTHS OF WHITE FLAKES TRYING TO BURY ME because I'm an idiot and live in Northern Michigan. ROFL!

TBH Only ever wear the boots, shoes are for when I need to be smart :D.ย  Just order a new pair of boots when the current on the way out.