Rattle with the slider opened.

5 hours ago, david said:

You jinxed me, @peter.s.fidelman.  My right side now sits above the bumper.  However, in your defense, I noticed it first thing this morning.  I don't know why I didn't notice it last night.  And I don't know why it started doing that.  I guess when I get my adhesive rubber tape, I'll put some on the back of the screen where it touches the bumpers so that it will have bumpers on both halves of the phone and it will sit tight again.  The left side sits on the bumper.  The only thing I can think of is that I usually open it from the right side.

But does your phone rattle, because that seems to differ between phones. (I think because there is a variance in the room the screen mount has.)

IMG_20200127_214455539.thumb.jpg.3fad1206bcf560cdcf68a5b050349d33.jpg

This part, moves from and towards the screen, like 0.5mm or so.

3 hours ago, Waxberry said:

This is part of the nature of this type of slider. If the screw is tighten you will not be able to open the slider.

I can show you a brand new Nokia E7 would do the same rattling, even it's much smaller in size (which in theory should rattle less) In fact no one would type with keyboard while shaking? 

Have been asked similarly in multiple times, it's the nature of this slider type, not quality issue.

I think there is a difference in severity. Have you watched the link video around 30 seconds? I barely have to move the phone to have the rattle. So it also occurs while typing.

Immediately after I opened the phone for the first time, I noticed the rattle. But perhaps I am a shaky person. To make sure I have just tried it again, and I have a hard time not having the rattle without putting my finger against the screen or holding the phone with the keyboard angled down and the screen flat.

I have seen videos before, with moving the phone that did not make a sound like mine does while having it opened.

There are also people who mention to have a solid experience, once opened. Are they just lucky?

Edit: To make the problem more visible. I managed to make a video that shows the rattle occurs without having to do much moving. Typing has the same problem. It's only completely stopped when the screen is flat to the ground and the keyboard angled down.

Edited by altwouss

E7 shakes not as loud as the other 2, but it still has a noise if you turn up volume, and it also rattles.

All three are brand new not been used. 

(And Pro1 is much bigger than those 3 even hard to control.)

I'm wondering if people like shake - typing???

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Waxberry said:

E7 shakes not as loud as the other 2, but it still has a noise if you turn up volume, and it also rattles.

All three are brand new not been used. 

(And Pro1 is much bigger than those 3 even hard to control.)

I'm wondering if people like shake - typing???

Have you actually watched my latest video? I am not shaking the phone!

Please watch the last video, I am really dissapointed.

Edited by altwouss
  • Like 2

@netman The right arm has vertical movement (towards the screen) that is what is making the sound.

Edit: I am now in contact with FxTec and my issue will be looked after. Also I have found that by placing a toothpick in the edge of the right arm. I have an extremely solid experience. What I actually expected the device to feel like.

Edited by altwouss
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, divstar said:

Just checked mine. No (ill) movement at all, barely any play at all.

Same here! Mine doesn't rattle in open position. Only noise that I can hear comes from flat cable (in closed position) and SIM tray. I am very satisfied about the quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • 2 weeks later...

So.. after having someone properly glue my screen to the pro1 (I apparently did not do it right), I do experience some rattle when moving the screen top-to-bottom and vice versa (in closed state).

It is not as annoying as the thread author states, but it is there. Still works great, though.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, divstar said:

So.. after having someone properly glue my screen to the pro1 (I apparently did not do it right), I do experience some rattle when moving the screen top-to-bottom and vice versa (in closed state).

It is not as annoying as the thread author states, but it is there. Still works great, though.

Solution: unglue the screen!

Sorry.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:34 AM, michael.bosscha said:

The rattle in my case is noticable when just typing, it kind of bugs me but I'm going to live with it for this iteration. A Pro² should have that fixed though...

A lot can be easily fixed with tiny pieces of thin self adhesive rubber or felt strategically placed. Say of 0.5 - 1mm thickness. e.g. from here. I suggest a 10x3x1mm piece (can be even shorter e.g. 5mm, but then it is hard to apply DIY...)

Sure it should have been there originally, And we can hope they will extend the assembly of some later Pro1s with adding some.

• Like 1
On 3/17/2020 at 12:56 PM, EskeRahn said:

A lot can be easily fixed with tiny pieces of thin self adhesive rubber or felt strategically placed. Say of 0.5 - 1mm thickness. e.g. from here. I suggest a 10x3x1mm piece (can be even shorter e.g. 5mm, but then it is hard to apply DIY...)

Sure it should have been there originally, And we can hope they will extend the assembly of some later Pro1s with adding some.

My 3M strips have arrived last week, I hope they'll be joined by my Pro1 soon 😁

• Haha 4
On 3/17/2020 at 1:00 PM, Slion said:

How?

On 3/19/2020 at 1:49 PM, Wasmachineman_NL said:

I'd like to know too, my Pro1 is really rattly.

All warranty cases are under NDA so I can only say that they have resolved the issue and it took an additional amount of patience. (I presume they want to avoid establishing a precedent and decide how to resolve issues on a case by case basis)

I can recommend requesting support. Be sure to accurately record/film the defects/issues. So that it is obvious how much/little effort is needed for the issue to occur.

Edited by altwouss
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, altwouss said:

All warranty cases are under NDA so I can only say that they have resolved

So you probably got a new phone but they obviously can't guarantee they would always do that 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1