I'm getting mixed results from this, for some reason.

I've just had a fight with getting it to work with the prox sensor. Found out that my prox sensor had stopped working (magnet was fine though).

I force stopped FXService, cleared the app cache and storage, which then brought the prox sensor back online.šŸ¤” Just installed the update, so will keep you posted.

• Like 1
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fx ServiceĀ is an Android application notably enabling Pro1 smart caseĀ support. It also provides various solutions to common Pro1 problems or simply new features including: Smart case support:

Just released v0.8.0. Now it's not just useful it looks good too šŸ˜‰ Ā 

Yes it should but some development is needed. I guess you would notably need to check if you are in a phone call to avoid locking the phone while calling for instance. It's usually straight for

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, MickH said:

I'm getting mixed results from this, for some reason.

I've just had a fight with getting it to work with the prox sensor. Found out that my prox sensor had stopped working (magnet was fine though).

I force stopped FXService, cleared the app cache and storage, which then brought the prox sensor back online.šŸ¤” Just installed the update, so will keep you posted.

That rings a bell. I vaguely recall having issues with theĀ proximity sensor when using one of those sensor test apps together with Fx Service. Do you have any other third party app using the proximity sensor too?Ā Ā 

Edited by Slion
  • Thanks 2

Dammit. Got it working fine up until this morning.

It seems that something is disabling my prox sensor after a while. Magnet still works though.

Here's an idea though. Is it possible to use the magnet to wake the screen instead/as well as the prox sensor?

*EDIT* I've just done a few checks with the "My Sensors" app and it looks like my prox sensor is very slow to react or sometimes doesn't detect any movement. šŸ¤”

Edited by MickH
Added extra info.
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, MickH said:

Odd, I never have any problem with it, outside the fact that it takesĀ 2 seconds to respond.

17 minutes ago, MickH said:

Is it possible to use the magnet to wake the screen instead/as well as the prox sensor?

It wouldĀ be if they exposed it properly. However I doubt they have fixed that or even reported the problem upstream.

@ErikĀ @WaxberryĀ ?
Ā 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Slion said:

It wouldĀ be if they exposed it properly. However I doubt they have fixed that or even reported the problem upstream.

@ErikĀ @WaxberryĀ ?
Ā 

Here's hoping.

I noticed that when I was trying to locate the exact position of the magnetic sensor the small magnet I was using jumped across the screen and stuck in position.

8 minutes ago, MickH said:

Here's hoping.

I noticed that when I was trying to locate the exact position of the magnetic sensor the small magnet I was using jumped across the screen and stuck in position.

Posted this in another thread

Pro1_Hall_Sensor_Top.png

• Thanks 1

Yeah. That's the position the magnet jumped to. Put a tiny blob of glue on it then closed the case cover for a couple minutes so the magnet stuck to the cover. I then stuck a piece of tape over the magnet so it doesn't mark the screen over time.

• Like 2
On 7/7/2020 at 5:29 PM, MickH said:

It seems that something is disabling my prox sensor after a while. Magnet still works though.

I just had that same issue. Though I have been using Fx Service for months and never seen it before. To fixĀ it I just restarted the accessibility service.

I can see two possible root cause:

1. The last release slightly changed the way it uses the proximity sensor. Maybe that regression was introduced then. However you were first reporting that issue in an earlier release.
  2. Maybe it has something to do with Battery Saver mode as I recently started using it.
Edited by Slion
  • Like 1

Still unable to get it to work 100% with my device. I don't use any battery saving settings though.

I've been through settings with a fine tooth comb and can't find anything that looks like it could be causing conflicts, not even in developer settings. Once I switch off the accessibility for FXService then the prox sensor comes back online and works every time under testing. šŸ¤”

Edited by MickH
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the FX Service App, it is quite useful.

But I can't get Lock Screen on Keyboard Close to work on LineageOS. The screen just rotates but nothing else happens. Accessibility Service is enabled. IsĀ there any setting that I am missing?

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, c3cf said:

LineageOS

It has not been tested on that OS and is most likely not working. Stock is using key events to broadcast keyboard status change instead of sensors. I'm assuming @tdmĀ fixed that in LOS which is definitely the way to go but that's also breaking compatibility with apps developed for stocks.

If ever those changes make it to Stock I will adjust Fx Service to work with them which could make it work for LOS.

I'm hoping to getĀ back my second Pro1 at some point in which case I could possibly try use LOS and port Fx Service. Don't hold your breath though.

Edited by Slion
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Slion said:

It has not been tested on that OS and is most likely not working. Stock is using key events to broadcast keyboard status change instead of sensors. I'm assuming @tdmĀ fixed that in LOS which is definitely the way to go but that's also breaking compatibility with apps developed for stocks.

If ever those changes make it to Stock I will adjust Fx Service to work with them which could make it work for LOS.

I'm hoping to getĀ back my second Pro1 at some point in which case I could possibly try use LOS and port Fx Service. Don't hold your breath though.

Ā 

It was probably modified, but I don't remember exactly how or why.Ā  But there's also the possibility that selinux is getting in the way.

Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Just published release v0.9.8 adding more screen rotation options.

@c3cfĀ If you are still interested in getting Fx Service working better on LOS you should be able to use the newly added debug option to show keyboard status change and tell me if it works on LOS. If it does I should be able to get some of the missing functionalitiesĀ working in the next release.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Slion changed the title to Fx Service, smart case for Pro1

@Slion Can I request a user override for the physical keyboard position sensor?

My phone has a hardware issue where physical keyboard position sensor is malfunctioning. The phone detects that the physical keyboard is open when it's closed. I can get the keyboard sensor to work by putting a bit of pressure onto a cable (or object) inserted into the USB-C port, so there's probably some kind of connection issue.

I really don't want to send my phone in for repair....I can live with a manual toggleĀ open/close for the keyboard.

BTW, I'm running LOS and can see that the debug option in Fx Service does detect keyboard open/close changes.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, SCĪ›RECROW said:

The phone detects that the physical keyboard is open when it's closed.

So I guess what you would need is easy access to:
Settings > System > Languages & input > Physical keyboard > Show virtual keyboard.

I could possibly add a Quick Settings Tile for it. I could also add an option to turn it on when in portrait and turn it off when in landscape so that you would hardly ever notice your issue anymore. Sounds like a simple enough fix but I can't tell if and when I will get around implementing that feature.

I really don't want to send my phone in for repair

It took them 10 weeks to replace mine. I know it is annoying thoughĀ taking advantage of the warranty before it expires is probably smart. I reckon they would just replace it.

BTW, I'm running LOS and can see that the debug option in Fx Service does detect keyboard open/close changes.

So it confirms that your keyboard sensor is malfunctioning?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SCĪ›RECROW said:

@Slion Can I request a user override for the physical keyboard position sensor?

My phone has a hardware issue where physical keyboard position sensor is malfunctioning. The phone detects that the physical keyboard is open when it's closed. I can get the keyboard sensor to work by putting a bit of pressure onto a cable (or object) inserted into the USB-C port, so there's probably some kind of connection issue.

I really don't want to send my phone in for repair....I can live with a manual toggleĀ open/close for the keyboard.

Maybe I don't understand you well regarding what you press towards what part and when it works - I think debug option is also works for you only when you apply a pressure.

Anyway, there is a small, cube-shaped magnet in the display part and the sensor is in the bottom part which is not moving.
You may try to open the keyboard and test the function using a magnet - so the magnet above the display may also be in wrong position.

You may find this magnet at top-left corner of the phoneĀ hereĀ (the silver one), so this gives the position where you may try the magnet at its bottom side. (so where it would be in closed position).

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Slion said:

Is it not more like top right corner of the phone and top left corner on that image?

The corner of the camera button and the usb-plug, to avoid confusion on how you hold it talking top, left etc...

image.thumb.png.a8d4f48c04c40dd4f7e813f4a6d4856d.png

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Slion said:

Is it not more like top right corner of the phone and top left corner on that image?

I have tried to mentionĀ its position based on the image linked.
So I was speaking based on the photo. šŸ™‚

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1