PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

22 minutes ago, agent008 said:

By the way. After 20200914 my battery usage is off the charts. I don't know if it's Magisk, 3C toolbox now having superuser access, or the update itself (these are the 3 things I remember having changed from the last update). Battery lasts only until about 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

This must be magisk. This is from a rooted Pro1 on same LOS. From 98% to 12% in almost eight days (less three hours), so about 0.46%/h

Screenshot_20200922-114415_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.png

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

This must be magisk. This is from a rooted Pro1 on same LOS. From 98% to 12% in almost eight days (less three hours), so about 0.46%/h

Screenshot_20200922-114415_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.png

Whoa. No screen time on that chart. Look at my screen usage (yellow bar on bottom)! But still I think it is spending battery way too fast. The graph below is today's, during this period the peak current draw registered by 3C (recorded between percentage change of the battery) was 1489 mA, between 35% and 34%. But other days I got up to high 1800's.

Screenshot_20200922-144753_3C_All-in-One_Toolbox.thumb.png.37a396f8091c7860ced51f38943fde60.png

EDIT: I have now turned off NFC as per @raymo's suggestion. Wifi signal has been an issue. Maybe it even IS the culprit for such battery usage as the conecction keeps dropping/reconnecting...

Edited by agent008
4 minutes ago, agent008 said:

EDIT: I have now turned off NFC as per @raymo's suggestion. Wifi signal has been an issue. Maybe it even IS the culprit for such battery usage as the conecction keeps dropping/reconnecting...

Try forcing it to 2.4GHz, that made a HUGE difference with my old router. But also use the statistics tab to see what is actually using the battery. It COULD be rogue programs, that are doing something in the background when you think it is idle.

(The graph is from my PreProduction unit with no phone functionality, so use it for various tests only - currently installing latest LOS)

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, tdm said:

Sorry guys, I'm a bit busy with work lately, plus just had a couple kids birthdays.  But I'll get the kernel with stock keyboard driver as soon as I can.

Take your time and enjoy life. I'm guessing it will be months before I have my phone back 😪😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Try forcing it to 2.4GHz, that made a HUGE difference with my old router. But also use the statistics tab to see what is actually using the battery. It COULD be rogue programs, that are doing something in the background when you think it is idle.

(The graph is from my PreProduction unit with no phone functionality, so use it for various tests only - currently installing latest LOS)

I have already turned off my Router's 5GHz signal. Or you mean forcing 2.4 on the phone?

And, another suspect of mine is the phone module itsefl. Network has been below crap-quality here in this last year!

Edited by agent008
21 minutes ago, agent008 said:

I have already turned off my Router's 5GHz signal. Or you mean forcing 2.4 on the phone?

And, another suspect of mine is the phone module itsefl. Network has been below crap-quality here in this last year!

I meant on the router, so we can rule that out then.

Poor signals are always problematic as the phone needs to send with high power for the other end to see it.

• Thanks 1
On 8/28/2020 at 12:44 PM, tdm said:

Looking at a pic that I took yesterday on the rear camera in portrait mode.  The EXIF data says rotation is "4", eg. bottom-left.  If I remove the EXIF data, the image rotates +90 so that the top is shown on the right side.  So it seems the physical camera sensor is mounted sideways.  I can see how an app would generate a picture that is sideways, but I am confused how an app would generate a picture that is upside down.  I'll have to look into this some more.

did we ever get a fix for this?
yesterday i tried to share some pictures that came out 90 degrees out of angle.  and today i had a few pictures at 180 degrees and the rest all 90 degrees out of sync... all my pictures when shared are out of the normal angle. 

54 minutes ago, internationaltraitor said:

yesterday i tried to share some pictures that came out 90 degrees out of angle.  and today i had a few pictures at 180 degrees and the rest all 90 degrees out of sync... all my pictures when shared are out of the normal angle. 

The bug is in the viewer, or the transport-layer ignoring or throwing away the exif rotation info. See this:

2 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

My Pro1 seems to work fine.  Can you share a sample picture that exhibits this issue?

23 hours ago, agent008 said:

20200914 worked out of the box for me.

Just as a precaution I let the updater download the package, then used the updater's "extract package" option, this created a update zipfile on the phone's storage which I then copied to the sdcard. The idea being that if the automatic update didn't work, I could use the recovery to update from the sdcard.

But it was unnecessary.

Mind you, I only had opengapps (customised aroma option) installed.

I now am downloading 20200921, this time I will try OTA'ing it but now I have Magisk and addonSU installed.

By the way. After 20200914 my battery usage is off the charts. I don't know if it's Magisk, 3C toolbox now having superuser access, or the update itself (these are the 3 things I remember having changed from the last update). Battery lasts only until about 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

I'll update to 20200921 and see if anything changes.

Does LineageOS recovery allow flashing zips from sdcard? I didn't see such an option anywhere and I thought only sideload is possible.

29 minutes ago, marmistrz said:

Does LineageOS recovery allow flashing zips from sdcard? I didn't see such an option anywhere and I thought only sideload is possible.

It offers the option on my phone, in recovery, under the adb sideload option.  I will confess, however, I've never tried to use it.

1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Maybe a silly question, but has you installed an SDcard?

No, but I assumed internal storage  should work equally well (when soneone says sdcard in the context of Android, I often think /sdcard, which is often mapped to the internal storage)

1 minute ago, marmistrz said:

No, but I assumed internal storage  should work equally well (when soneone says sdcard in the context of Android, I often think /sdcard, which is often mapped to the internal storage)

Nope, doesn't offer to use internal storage.

• Like 1
Just now, marmistrz said:

I don't think it can from internal, but if an sdcard is installed a second option is presented

• Like 1
1 hour ago, marmistrz said:

@tdm is there a technical reason for that or is it just a bug?

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).

Lineage recovery will not offer to install from /data (including "internal storage" because the data partition is encrypted and Lineage recovery does not have any decryption capability.  And yes, file-based encryption counts, because all files in /data/media are encrypted under FBE.

This is not a bug.  This is how recovery is supposed to work.  TWRP bends the rules with data decryption.  And yes, getting a functional decrypting TWRP is still on my todo-list. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
8 hours ago, tdm said:

My Pro1 seems to work fine.  Can you share a sample picture that exhibits this issue?

10 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

The bug is in the viewer, or the transport-layer ignoring or throwing away the exif rotation info. See this:

i think its on my end... from the app "scrambled exif"  which scrambles the data and then when it's shared its shared all upside or rotated...
but i know it happened to me when i attached a pic in an email.. without the share button, just regular attach a file. 

if i get the "bug" to happen again without using that app, then i'll let you know. 
(i don't take too many pictures to notice)

2 hours ago, internationaltraitor said:

sooooo......

is there a way to locate my phone on lineage without gapps or google account ?
my lovely pro1 got stolen last night...

Pretty sure there is not. And even if there was, I'm guessing it's probably wiped by now.

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, abielins said:

Anyone know how to stop the symbols from popping up when you hold down a letter on the physical keyboard? Very annoying.

Switch the keyboard to type FULL.  Get an adb root shell and run:

mkdir -p /data/system/devices/keychars

cp /vendor/usr/keychars/Builtin_Keyboard.kcm /data/system/devices/keychars/Vendor_181d_Product_5018.kcm

sed -i 's/type ALPHA/type FULL/' /data/system/devices/keychars/Vendor_181d_Product_5018.kcm

You can also edit the keymap to your liking.  @3zet recently did this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Alright I got the stock keyboard driver transplanted into the Lineage kernel and it builds.  Now I just need to take care of the key mappings and make the FN key work like it does in Lineage.  Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
15 hours ago, tdm said:

Pretty sure there is not. And even if there was, I'm guessing it's probably wiped by now.

so how did they wipe my phone? do you think they were smart enough to re-flash it?
or did they enter the passcode with too many wrong attempts and it erased all my data?

i got my phone back, it still had lineage on it, doesn't look like they reflashed it to stock android from google with gapps... paid them a 100$ for it...  with my screen cracked in the lower right side.

Edited by internationaltraitor
  • Confused 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion