AICP Q: Discussion

On 2/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, EvilDragon said:

Hm, weird indeed. Maybe it has something to do with the Bluetooth protocol used...

Which one age you using?

Guess you are refering to which bluetooth devices I use? 

Kia Optima 2019, Peltor XPI Alert, plantronics something, JBL bluetooth speaker.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done a first build of AICP Q using the Lineage 17.1 sources as a base.  After it is tested for a while, I will probably try to get official support.   The boot image is used just as in

A brief update...   I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.   This

So @tdm Just curious, not trying to bug you.   Is this project dead? Any possibility of AICP picking it up officially so it can get regular updates?  I obviously would like it to be resurrec

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Hook said:

Just curious, given the small scale of this development effort.  Will this be portable to the Pro1x with a different SOC. or will it remain Pro 1 (SD 835) only?

It builds off Lineage, so I will just wait for Nolen and Bruno to do the hard work... 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just got my Pro1 bacjk from repair.  Superb.  Not a ghost touch anywhere.  Immediately installed the update of AICP and aside from a rookie mistake and a hiccup in the connection to my computer for a moment, everything went smoothly.  I love this ROM!!! @tdmThank you!

Thank you also FxTec for the great repair.

• Like 6

I'm having an interesting bug with alarm/notification/ringtones on AICP. Few days after flashing AICP I got a notification from some app but didn't hear the sound. I checked the app notification  setting and realized that all the builtin notification sounds were missing. I went and downloaded a library of android notification tones from internet and transferred them to my phone, but now it told me that actually there's stock tones also available... I have set a new notification tone for every app and every alarm, but looks like it sometimes just forgets the tone/setting. I have set vibration on for my alarms, and luckily I usually wake up by the vibration sound only. But even if I manually set the alarm tone for a new alarm, it will forget to play the tone maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow. And the same happens with app notifications, like Fb messenger.

• Sad 3

Just installed AICP. Still exploring, but love the extra features so far. Thanks @tdm. Your work on LOS and AICP has made the pro1 experience amazing!

I found a potential bug.
Looks like I can customize some advanced navigation commands. (in other words, when you long press/double tap navigation buttons.) I tried it out and it works for the most part. But I don't seem to get split screen functionality to work. Starting split screen the normal way works fine though.

Navigation command for camera don't work either, but I uninstalled the normal camera in favor of gcam, so that might be on me. Would be nice to be able to have it work with non-defaults as well though.

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Just installed AICP. Still exploring, but love the extra features so far. Thanks @tdm. Your work on LOS and AICP has made the pro1 experience amazing!

I found a potential bug.
Looks like I can customize some advanced navigation commands. (in other words, when you long press/double tap navigation buttons.) I tried it out and it works for the most part. But I don't seem to get split screen functionality to work. Starting split screen the normal way works fine though.

Navigation command for camera don't work either, but I uninstalled the normal camera in favor of gcam, so that might be on me. Would be nice to be able to have it work with non-defaults as well though.

Yeah split screen seems a bit buggy. I think R is far enough along that any bug reports should probably wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After it being much-recommended, I've just been setting up AICP Q on my Pro1. I am stuck on a few rather simple points:

- As someone else asked, keyboard backlight.

- Set the status bar clock to 24-hour time (at present it is 12-hour AM/PM). For the life of me I can find no setting for this. SOLVED - Disable Settings -> System -> Date & time -> Use locale default, then choose 24-hour format.

- Navigation bar customisation - to add menu button, and change behaviour (e.g. I want to disable home button when on home screen from popping up recent apps). Actually, this may be a Nova Launcher issue. PARTIALLY SOLVED - Go to AICP Extras -> Navigation -> On-screen navigation. This lets you assign customized actions on long-press and double-tap of each nav bar button.

- Nice to have: customize status bar icons to be more compact, e.g. smaller font size of battery level, compact display of "LTE" status alongside signal level etc.

- A bug/misfeature: in landscape orientation, after double pull-down from status bar, it is impossible to access settings button at bottom-right, since entire quick buttons display is too tall for screen.

- In the Google assistant settings, under Voice Match, it is not possible to enable "always on" Hey Google recognition. Is this a known limitation, or am I doing it wrong?

Incidentally, after some effort, I was able to get Magisk working and have root with full Safetynet functionality - so Google Pay works. 😄 I had to do a lot of digging for this, happy to go back over my process and write it up if anyone is interested.

Thanks for any tips!

Edited by mbecroft
Add to post
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, mbecroft said:

Incidentally, after some effort, I was able to get Magisk working and have root with full Safetynet functionality - so Google Pay works. 😄 I had to do a lot of digging for this, happy to go back over my process and write it up if anyone is interested.

I got safetynet passing with magisk prop hide on LOS, but it didn't suffice AICP. So yes, please, share what you got.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I got safetynet passing with magisk prop hide on LOS, but it didn't suffice AICP. So yes, please, share what you got.

OK - I've been setting up my phone for the last 6 hours and it's midnight here, so I'll have a crack at writing a guide for this tomorrow instead 🙂 Ultimately it was not difficult but required a few different steps that I only figured out by reading many forum posts and trial-and-error...

• Like 4

Whith the latest OTA upgrade I have a bug with HDMI out. When I connect the USB-C cable to my device it goes tottaly black if I unlock it. 

I can se the lock-screen, but when I entered my pin-code all is black until I remove the cable.

1 hour ago, pebert said:

Whith the latest OTA upgrade I have a bug with HDMI out. When I connect the USB-C cable to my device it goes tottaly black if I unlock it. 

I can se the lock-screen, but when I entered my pin-code all is black until I remove the cable.

What is the date of the last working build?

On 2/28/2021 at 1:16 AM, Jonathan said:

Hi Jonathan,

I've been looking for that type of customization (setting action for long press and double tap of each nav button), but I couldn't find it. Where in the menu tree are these settings?

Cheers -Mario

On 3/1/2021 at 12:10 AM, Jonathan said:

I've just posted the root/Magisk process I used...I may have missed some details, but it's largely correct. Feel free to correct me in-thread if I've missed anything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, pebert said:

Hmm... Have I missed one to install one update?

Oh my fault, I was thinking lineage. Did any previous aicp versions ever work properly with HDMI out?

20 hours ago, mbecroft said:

Hi Jonathan,

I've been looking for that type of customization (setting action for long press and double tap of each nav button), but I couldn't find it. Where in the menu tree are these settings?

Cheers -Mario

The options for extra functionality for navigation can be found at:

Settings - AICP Extras - Navigation - On-screen naviation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/4/2021 at 1:37 AM, tdm said:

Oh my fault, I was thinking lineage. Did any previous aicp versions ever work properly with HDMI out?

Yes, it worked great, both with a simple USB-C to HDMI adapter and my Dell WD19 USB-C/Thunderbolt docking station, here I get both the 3 monitors and the USB-devices like mouse and keyboard. 

Now the monitor gets activated, detects a source, but both the monitor and the phone display stays black until I remove the USB cable again.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, pebert said:

Yes, it worked great, both with a simple USB-C to HDMI adapter and my Dell WD19 USB-C/Thunderbolt docking station, here I get both the 3 monitors and the USB-devices like mouse and keyboard. 

Now the monitor gets activated, detects a source, but both the monitor and the phone display stays black until I remove the USB cable again.

This is most likely a kernel issue.  I am using the Lineage 17.1 kernel as-is.  I'll investigate.

Another thing that kind of annoys me quite much is the response time of the power button, feels like I need to press it a bit too long to wake the phone up. 

Also when removing the phone from the ear takes really long time until the display activates again