AICP Q: Discussion

The 20201206 seemed to flash smoothly. But it was over ten minutes in the boot state while displaying the animated aicp logo.... (I did not wipe, and flashed the same opengapps nano  from 20201119)
So tried to restart it again - same result....
Reflashed - same result. Have downloaded newest opengaps, and will try again....

ADD: Reflashed back to 20201114, and it rebooted normally within a minute.
Will try to download again, compare and flash the 20201206 again

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've done a first build of AICP Q using the Lineage 17.1 sources as a base.  After it is tested for a while, I will probably try to get official support.   The boot image is used just as in

A brief update...   I've been working on a backup/restore solution for Linux (plus an Android app to drive it) that will be able to do full backup/restore, similar to TWRP.   This

So @tdm Just curious, not trying to bug you.   Is this project dead? Any possibility of AICP picking it up officially so it can get regular updates?  I obviously would like it to be resurrec

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

The 20201206 seemed to flash smoothly. But it was over ten minutes in the boot state while displaying the animated aicp logo.... (I did not wipe, and flashed the same opengapps nano  from 20201119)
So tried to restart it again - same result....
Reflashed - same result. Have downloaded newest opengaps, and will try again....

ADD: Reflashed back to 20201114, and it rebooted normally within a minute.
Will try to download again, compare and flash the 20201206 again

Thanks I'll take a look.

4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

A new download gave same files, and a new flash with newest opengapps nano (20201205) give the same result. It is still on Q, so Wipe should not be needed, right?

Correct.

• Thanks 1

Okay I figured out the problem with yesterday's build.  I did not clean out my build tree from last time, and the Lineage guys changed the location of a file so I had two copies in the zip.

I've done a clean build and verified that it flashes and boots okay this time.  New build, same link:

2b0478469b9f756f613f20549cee6b9f

Dec 7, 2020

... and please test exfat, my "big" sdcard is currently formatted ext4 so I haven't tried it yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
57 minutes ago, tdm said:

I've done a clean build and verified that it flashes and boots okay this time.  New build, same lin

This installed smoothly, thanks. 👍

I will see if I can find a sufficient empty card to test. 🙂

I tested with a 128GB SDXC used in my laptop which reported itself as exFAT and the Pro1 read it fine and wrote all it's default folders onto it.  😄  So I think it's good.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

....I found a (by 2020 standards) small 1GB card, formatting does not ask about what format. It formats it as "vFat"

Typically (not always!) sdcards 64gb and larger are formatted exfat by the factory.  I am not quite sure what format Android will use for sdcards, but it is most likely not exfat regardless of the size.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, tdm said:

Typically (not always!) sdcards 64gb and larger are formatted exfat by the factory.  I am not quite sure what format Android will use for sdcards, but it is most likely not exfat regardless of the size.

Formatting the card in a pc to exFAT, and it works fine it seems. If I choose to to reformat it in the phone, it is formatted back to fat16 (not FAT32). Though formatting to FAT32 on a pc, that is supported too.

• Thanks 2
On 11/16/2020 at 11:23 PM, tdm said:

Oh reeeeeally. That's very pleasantly surprising. Especially when it's broken on Lineage.  Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

Ok sorry for all the delay I made some test and the phone falls back to 3G when making a phone call on AICP but not when I'm on Lineage. On AICP I can still get connected to LTE after putting it in global mode(with NR?) And getting back to global without NR. Otherwise it won't get out of H+

• Thanks 1

@tdm A small request.  Right now the logo key does nothing.  Unless there is already a keyboard shortcut I don't know about, can you have the logo key be "Home"?

I tried doing it with that key mapper app, but just can't seem to figure out how to get keymapper working. That's my fault-- but it would be nice, since it is really the only mapping I care about, if it could be natively available.

2 hours ago, Hook said:

@tdm A small request.  Right now the logo key does nothing.  Unless there is already a keyboard shortcut I don't know about, can you have the logo key be "Home"?

I tried doing it with that key mapper app, but just can't seem to figure out how to get keymapper working. That's my fault-- but it would be nice, since it is really the only mapping I care about, if it could be natively available.

The logo key is the shortcut key. For example logo+b starts a browser. I can look into making it remappable though.

5 minutes ago, tdm said:

The logo key is the shortcut key. For example logo+b starts a browser. I can look into making it remappable though.

Is there an already existing shortcut for Home?  That would be fine if it exists or could be created

Edited by Hook
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, benoitjeffrey said:

Hi @tdm

Is there any chance you would try to get AICP R working on our phones? 

I prefer by far the AICP Rom but the non working volte give me more problem than I though as they started shutting down old antenna here and LOS 18 got it working so for now I'm there waiting 

Absolutely. I tend to wait until release or close to it before I start playing with a new version. It just takes too much time and work to keep up with the changes before that point.

I'll keep an eye on Lineage and AICP to see when they get close to doing releases.

• Thanks 4
8 hours ago, benoitjeffrey said:

Hi @tdm

Is there any chance you would try to get AICP R working on our phones? 

I prefer by far the AICP Rom but the non working volte give me more problem than I though as they started shutting down old antenna here and LOS 18 got it working so for now I'm there waiting 

volte is fixed in lineage 17 and 18.1. vowifi is not working tho... kinda funny as they usually work in pairs. It has been suggested that it is an blob issue and LOS is also a bit strict on blobs, they use only those that come with phones and not other ones that work... Not many devs have the pro1 so could be a while. I think they managed to get vowifi working on oneplus 5 which is also a msm8998 device.

btw i too dislike the fact that some great features are in LOS gerrit but are not commited... more settings the better that is why AICP is great.

concerning the switch to android r... imo mature for daily use.

ps:
yes i am obsessed with volte and vowifi as it is a must have for me.... coverage issues... was also thinking of going back to LOS 16 as everything was working there.

Edited by shubell
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, TeZtdevice said:

Short update about the Progress-Level? 🙂

The archiver is making good progress.  I got busy with "real" work the past couple weeks so it has slowed a bit.  The following is working:

- backup and restore partitions and filesystems.

- standalone and client/server mode.

- all data is compressed and encrypted.

It still needs:

- incremental support.

- an android app.

- android selinux policies.

I'm working on incremental support now.  Once that is done, I will publish the code and being using it for my own backups on my Linux servers.  Currently I'm using a very old and probably rather niche solution named dar that I read about at some point several years ago and has served me well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7