PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

12 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

As they sadly consider the previous version as unsupported as soon as the new is released, we should not expect anything regarding 17.1 😥

Yeah, but I'm 99.9% sure that the same issue holds for 18.1. I submitted a patch with gps fixes in https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fxtec_pro1/+/308056

• Like 2
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Posted Images

5 hours ago, marmistrz said:

Yeah, but I'm 99.9% sure that the same issue holds for 18.1. I submitted a patch with gps fixes in https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fxtec_pro1/+/308056

I am pretty sure many Lineage ports have AGPS disabled. As I wrote above, that default setting makes sense, considering that some users might choose LineageOS specifically for privacy reasons.

Of course, the option to opt-in to AGPS from the GUI without requiring root access to the system config would be great. However, I suspect that, if it was all that easy to implement, that feature would be available already.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 4/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, EskeRahn said:

As they sadly consider the previous version as unsupported as soon as the new is released, we should not expect anything regarding 17.1 😥

That is tragic. Considering the bugs with 18 and 19 I'd like to put 17.1 on mine, which is still on 16 initial Pro1 release and having a weird issue, but of course LOS has purged those builds because they do now. Anyone have a link to the last 17.1 for Pro1 that still works? If someone has it I can expose a folder on my server temporarily so you can share it with me.

Edited by silversolver
On 4/15/2021 at 5:24 PM, claude0001 said:

I am pretty sure many Lineage ports have AGPS disabled. As I wrote above, that default setting makes sense, considering that some users might choose LineageOS specifically for privacy reasons.

Of course, the option to opt-in to AGPS from the GUI without requiring root access to the system config would be great. However, I suspect that, if it was all that easy to implement, that feature would be available already.

No, never underestimate the ability of the FOSS community to overlook important and easy feature implementations. Nextcloud STILL hasn't added the ability to duplicate an event to their built-in calendar client after many years of people clamoring for it, in spite of the fact that it would be relatively easy to do. Ah well. We get what we get when we're getting it for free. :)

5 hours ago, silversolver said:

That is tragic. Considering the bugs with 18 and 19 I'd like to put 17.1 on mine, which is still on 16 initial Pro1 release and having a weird issue, but of course LOS has purged those builds because they do now. Anyone have a link to the last 17.1 for Pro1 that still works? If someone has it I can expose a folder on my server temporarily so you can share it with me.

Just for the record, I also was hesitant before moving from 16.1 to 18.1, but then I did and was happy with it. None of the bugs, if I ever noticed them, were a dealbreaker, only the battery charging issue is annoying (don't know whether it's already been in 17.1, though). 

The only thing that's keeping me from installing 19.1 is that a damaged USB port is adding to the charging problems, and while I still hope to be able to get it repaired some time in the future, the immediate goal it to just keep it running until my original Sept 2019 order hopefully will arrive soon in the shape of a brand new Pro1X...

12 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

The only thing that's keeping me from installing 19.1 is that a damaged USB port is adding to the charging problems,....

Also note that you can not upgrade to 19 OTA. But most likely the upgrade will work putting it on a SD-card.

And for me I had problems requiring a reset, that I belive was caused by switching from OpenGapps to MindTheGapps. (OpenGaps not available for 12 yet)

9 hours ago, silversolver said:

Anyone have a link to the last 17.1 for Pro1 that still works?

Lineage purges old builds as they do not want to promote the use of outdated (and thus unsecure) roms. It is however totally possible to build all supported branches (16.0, 17.1, 18.1, 19.1) yourself, in which case the latest security patches from the upstream Android project get included automatically. Such builds are then "unofficial" in that they are not signed with the keys of the Lineage project, but otherwise they are based on the same source code.

@daniel.schaaaf maintains an unofficial lineage-17.1 rom for the pro1. See this thread.

Myself, I maintain an unofficial lineage-16.0 as documented in this other thread, if you prefer to stay on 16.0.

Both roms are quite up-to-date with the latest Android security patches, though I must admit I haven't had time yet to build mine with the May 2022 AOSP patches. They also include a few improvements related to the keyboard driver we backported from 18.1.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, claude0001 said:

Lineage purges old builds as they do not want to promote the use of outdated (and thus unsecure) roms. It is however totally possible to build all supported branches (16.0, 17.1, 18.1, 19.1) yourself, in which case the latest security patches from the upstream Android project get included automatically. Such builds are then "unofficial" in that they are not signed with the keys of the Lineage project, but otherwise they are based on the same source code.

@daniel.schaaaf maintains an unofficial lineage-17.1 rom for the pro1. See this thread.

Myself, I maintain an unofficial lineage-16.0 as documented in this other thread, if you prefer to stay on 16.0.

Both roms are quite up-to-date with the latest Android security patches, though I must admit I haven't had time yet to build mine with the May 2022 AOSP patches. They also include a few improvements related to the keyboard driver we backported from 18.1.

THAT is awesome! Thank you so much!

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Also note that you can not upgrade to 19 OTA. But most likely the upgrade will work putting it on a SD-card.

And for me I had problems requiring a reset, that I belive was caused by switching from OpenGapps to MindTheGapps. (OpenGaps not available for 12 yet)

I switched from NormalGapps to SkipTheGapps a long time ago. My device performance has never been so good, and it's a small way I can strike back at the Evil Empire. :P The one and only Scroogle product I occasionally use is BooTube, and the app for that is Brave Browser. :)

• Like 2
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion