PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

Hey guys,

I have some questions regarding lineage 17.1. Finally, today I managed to upgrade my pro1 to 17.1 from 16.
But now, I have some problems that I noticed in the first few minutes.

First of all the keyboard isn't working the way it should.
I have the QWERTZ layout pro1 (for German). In lineage 16 all keys did what they were said to do. I didn't even need to use FinQwerty. But now, all the characters are shifted by one column. So I installed FinQwerty. Here most of the characters work except for the yellow marked characters on the letters as well as "?". Instead of the "?", I get a capital "ß" ( I am not sure if I ever will need this in my life).

Second, the connection to my PC via cable isn't working anymore. Windows does not recognize the phone correctly. It is only possible to load it but no files can be transferred.

Last, the overview of all apps seems to be limited to 4 icons per row making it cumbersome to get to the right icon as I have to scroll a lot. Is this a limitation of 17.1 or did I just miss the option for this?

Does anyone of you had to face the same problems? Or anyone with some solution?

I am wondering if I should downgrade back to 16 (hopefully this is possible). Are there any improvements in 17.1? So far I have not found any..

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Chris

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Posted Images

I can only answer to the keyboard part. FinQwerty is only meant for Stock and doesn't properly work with LineageOS, so you can uninstall it right away. The setting you have to look for is in System>Tasten>(scroll all the way down to Extras) Weitere Tasten>Layout. There you can select QWERTZ and that adjusts the software to fit the physical layout. ? also works that way.

Edited by Jacob_S
correction
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, Chris2 said:

Last, the overview of all apps seems to be limited to 4 icons per row making it cumbersome to get to the right icon as I have to scroll a lot. Is this a limitation of 17.1 or did I just miss the option for this?

Do you mean the homescreen grid? That defaults to 4x5 (columns x rows) also in my LineageOS 16. However if I wanted, I could increase it up to 9x9 in the "Home settings" menu. Is that option gone in LOS 17.1?  

20 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

I can only answer to the keyboard part. FinQwerty is only meant for Stock and doesn't properly work with LineageOS, so you can uninstall it right away. The setting you have to look for is in System>Tasten>(scroll all the way down to Extras) Weitere Tasten>Layout. There you can select QWERTZ and that adjusts the software to fit the physical layout. ? also works that way.

Thank you very much. Now it works.

9 hours ago, claude0001 said:

Do you mean the homescreen grid? That defaults to 4x5 (columns x rows) also in my LineageOS 16. However if I wanted, I could increase it up to 9x9 in the "Home settings" menu. Is that option gone in LOS 17.1?  

Homescreen grid is possible up to 6x6 in LOS 17.1
But I am talking about the all apps overview menu.
In LOS 16 this was in line with the homescreen grid. Now it is just 4x6.

18 minutes ago, Chris2 said:

I had never tried different grid sizes. But I can now confirm that in my LOS 16, the App overview menu has the same number of columns I set in the home screen.

Unfortunately I cannot help further with LOS 17.1 -- but indeed something seems to have changed there, then.

1 hour ago, Chris2 said:

Thank you very much. Now it works.

Homescreen grid is possible up to 6x6 in LOS 17.1
But I am talking about the all apps overview menu.

You could just install another launcher. If you're happy with what LineageOS's Trebuchet Launcher offers, then something like Nova should do for you (That's just the one I'm using. There's a whole forum thread about launchers, you might want to check that one out: https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2620-launchers)

Edited by Jacob_S
added link

Hm, has anything happened to the way the fingerprint sensor is controlled? I remember the issue with the sensor not responding whith the screen off having been fixed a while ago. Now (LOS 17.1-20210201) the sensor seems to be unresponsive again. More often than not, I have to push the power button to switch on the screen (wake up the phone), in order for the fingerprint sensor to register my finger. This is happening with the phone resting on a table most of the time. There's no accidentally triggering the sensor in my trousers pockets. I only touch the phone and the sensor to actually unlock the phone.

On 1/18/2021 at 2:39 PM, EskeRahn said:

The thing this phone does the worst is well working as a phone...

On 1/27/2021 at 1:39 PM, OKSun said:

it is frustrating that we cannot adjust the call volume.  What was the explanation for this? Is it a hardware or software issue? Did any of you manage to solve this?

On my phone (LineageOS 17.1, 15 February 2021 update), in-call volume is zero, and that doesn't change with with moving any volume sliders. The phone rings, I accept the call, and I don't hear anything. To hear the incoming audio I need to explicitly switch on the speaker – which then is too loud, and cannot be changed with any volume slider, either.

Is this what you're experiencing, or is this different? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Rob. S. said:

On my phone (LineageOS 17.1, 15 February 2021 update), in-call volume is zero, and that doesn't change with with moving any volume sliders. The phone rings, I accept the call, and I don't hear anything. To hear the incoming audio I need to explicitly switch on the speaker – which then is too loud, and cannot be changed with any volume slider, either.

Is this what you're experiencing, or is this different? 

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that they pressing it can hear it 'snaps' back in place and the works. Could that be what you experiences?
If it fixes it, perhaps check that the screws behind the stickers are not loose.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

YES! It snapped!

And now there's normal call audio... Best thing is, it isn't even as loud as I feared. Sounds as if it was low enough even for the workplace, whenever I'll return there. All good!

(Why can't I give you a 'thanks' and a 'like'? 😉

While I was following this forum, I thought when I would have read about all the issues and hints and tricks and solutions and workarounds, I would immediately know what to do when something would occur with my phone-to-be. Far from it! I've already forgotten even what was discussed quite recently...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, 3zet said:

OTA updater crashed during 20210222 update. Most likely file was corrupted, after reboot it shows 20210222 version and no need to update. OS is not crashing at all. Should I be worried? 

Had that with every OTA so far. But I can't tell you if it's a reason to worry. At least I never had any problems. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jacob_S said:

Had that with every OTA so far. But I can't tell you if it's a reason to worry. At least I never had any problems. 

I've not seen the OTA updater crash.  But then again, I don't use it much and never with official builds.  What crashes and when?  Can you get a logcat of it crashing?

2 hours ago, tdm said:

I've not seen the OTA updater crash.  But then again, I don't use it much and never with official builds.  What crashes and when?  Can you get a logcat of it crashing?

With the latest version it didn't happen. I'll see, if I still can update once before I send my phone in for repair (because of a faulty camery, different topic). If yes, then I'll try to get the logcat. If it even crashes again... 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, 3zet said:

OTA updater crashed during 20210222 update. Most likely file was corrupted, after reboot it shows 20210222 version and no need to update. OS is not crashing at all. Should I be worried? 

If you want to be sure, you should be able to re-flash the same update via sideload. Take care to re-flash also Gapps (or alike) after that in case you use those.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Installed flawlessly via OTA here, too. 

2 hours ago, 3zet said:

Yesterday's OTA installed without any problem, even if previous one crashed the updater. 

Could it be because it is the same security build? Will be interesting to hear if OTA also works when it get the next security bump.

9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Will be interesting to hear if OTA also works when it get the next security bump.

I think the last issue was in the corrupted update file which I downloaded in 3 parts because of the poor wifi, not in 1 chunk as usual. 

• Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion