Pro1 Just died.

Well, ain't that fine and dandy?

My Pro1 has just died☠️😫. There's no life in it whatsoever, doesn't even pick up the charger cable being plugged in. Looks like an email to Support and hope for the best I suppose. Unless someone here has any ideas.

• Sad 5
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy to be back in Pro1 land again 😁 Just setting it up and installing all the apps I had on the last one.

Well, ain't that fine and dandy? My Pro1 has just died☠️😫. There's no life in it whatsoever, doesn't even pick up the charger cable being plugged in. Looks like an email to Support and hope for t

https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2559-factory-restore-tool/   Give this a try, might work out for you   //Per

Posted Images

Are you using the charger it came with?  If the battery got very low, it may not respond well to other chargers. How long did you leave it plugged in.  Id leave it a few hours and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Hook said:

Are you using the charger it came with?  If the battery got very low, it may not respond well to other chargers. How long did you leave it plugged in.  Id leave it a few hours and see what happens.

Yup. Using both Pro1 charger and original cable. PC doesn't even pick it up when I connect it. Fired off an email to support, see what happens.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MickH said:

Yup. Using both Pro1 charger and original cable. PC doesn't even pick it up when I connect it. Fired off an email to support, see what happens.

How about going to the wall rather than a PC?  This is kind of a repeat of the how long did you leave it question.  😉

Edited by Hook
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Hook said:

How about going to the wall rather than a PC?  This is kind of a repeat of the how long did you leave it question.  😉

Tried the PC first, then plugged it into the wall. Been plugged in for about an hour now. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The strange thing is, I had just used it on mobile data to check for bus times, boarded the bus then opened the case and there was nothing there. Kept trying to restart it then swapped the sim out into my Jolla 1. I then used mobile data on the Jolla, to check delivery of an Ebay purchase, then the Jolla died, but that restarted again and is still working fine.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, MickH said:

The strange thing is, I had just used it on mobile data to check for bus times, boarded the bus then opened the case and there was nothing there. Kept trying to restart it then swapped the sim out into my Jolla 1. I then used mobile data on the Jolla, to check delivery of an Ebay purchase, then the Jolla died, but that restarted again and is still working fine.

sounds like they're out to get you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

actually, this happens to me a lot on my nokia 6.1 ,,, the trick is you have to let it completely die .. don't charge it for few days and then connect the charger... but the standby time on the fxtec is like a good 10 days lol.... but maybe try this method?  don't charge it for a few days and then connect the charger... even from different sources and cables?

• Like 2

When you press the power button for maybe around 15 seconds, it should restart the phone.
I mean restart by hardware, so even if the software stuck somewhere.

What happened with your phone before you found the issue?
So have you used it? What charge should it have by that time?

I have not heard of similar issues but when my friend's phone produced a similar issue, I could switch off that phone by holding power button and it turned on, but it only appeared as a USB device  after around 15 minutes. That was some kind of fallback to EDL mode (that is how it has identified by) and that was because of its flash (UFS) became unreachable. That phone was only about a month old, so it did not have much usage, but it seems its flash has died.

I don't know if you have the same issue and as others have not mentioned a similar problem here, it should not be a common issue, but it may happen.
So try some other suggestions but if it appears as a USB device after a while, then it may be a similar problem.

However, if you have a broken USB port for example and the phone may have been completely depleted by the time you found it does not react to anything, then it can be a different issue...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pressing the power button does nothing. I've held the button in for over 5 minutes. The battery had around 75% charge at the time of it shutting down.

When the charger is plugged in there's no LED. It should at least light up red to indicate the phone is charging, even while it's turned off.

The last thing I did with the phone was to check the time of the bus over mobile data. I had made 2 calls and received 1 prior to that as well as checked emails. Now it's deader than a dead thing.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, MickH said:

When the charger is plugged in there's no LED. It should at least light up red to indicate the phone is charging, even while it's turned off.

The LED is switched on by software, so for charging indication, some part(s) of the software should boot up.
My friend's phone which had flash (UFS) problem also did not  have charging indicator, but it was charging anyway.

• Like 1

I would try a usb-Volt-meter, and see if any current are drawn. If I recall right someone had a device where the connector between the small usb-pcb and the main pcb had gotten loose, with a little luck it is similar. But all is rather strange if it was as high as (roughly) 75%, as this should last very long with the device/display off.

• Like 1

Actually something very similar happened to me a few months back. Only difference is it lasted just 15mn 😁

I know that does not help you much 😏 I believe long press on power button did the trick for me.

Edited by Slion

You know, when you're blasting down the motorway at 70-80mph and you see a solitary sneaker stuck in the middle of the fast lane, nothing else, just this one sneaker. And you think "Dammit man! What's the rest of your life like?" 🤥😂

Well, that's me where phones are concerned at the moment. 🤥 My Sailfish Xperia died last month during an update, so I'm back to using my trusty old Jolla 1 with my Aquafish on standby. Just in case. 😉

6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I would try a usb-Volt-meter, and see if any current are drawn. If I recall right someone had a device where the connector between the small usb-pcb and the main pcb had gotten loose, with a little luck it is similar. But all is rather strange if it was as high as (roughly) 75%, as this should last very long with the device/display off.

You mean one of these thingumajigs?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Type-C-USB-Tester-Voltmeter-Ammeter-Voltage-Current-Detector-Meter-Multimeter/383724510306?hash=item5957c35c62:g:lU4AAOSwv9pfYye1