Pro¹ X – state of production and delivery

5 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

My guess is that they don't have enough devices to deliver and while they might have materials to build a few more, it won't be enough for everyone.
My hope is that they try to find a solution with different chips or a Pro2 and they try to design the phone meanwhile to not let the FxTec die.
My fear is that they try to prevent legal actions as long as possible to savely gather the remaining money and flee from the scene.

It seems they try to get money from other projects.
Also, as shipping company has started to sell phones may result in the lack of enough phones left to be sent.
Although they told shipping company does not sell client's phones, it may not necessarily completely true - they may not had the actual number of phones sold this way and they may counted with additional stock manufactured (over the necessary amount) will cover this kind of loss but final number of sold Pro1X this way was also continued after they told it does not affect client's phones.

So in their last message, start of shipping was declared as not later than 28th of June.
That was more than two months which may also mean they try to manufacture a few more phones or try to assemble them using already produced parts... depleted batteries may also be one of the problems which need time before shipping restarts...

I hope for a Pro2 but also I am afraid it will not come.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Production does indeed seem to be starting...  

Please stop. You made your points, there are people here who invested in this project knowing that, you are doing a disservice to the intent of the project and to those that have supported this f

Since I ordered my first Fxtec phone, a Pro1, in Sept 2019 (which also seems to become the one to arrive last...) I've read everything Fxtec communicated (plus every comment in this forum), including

Posted Images

Someone named fxtec_21 purports to sell 200 brand-new Pro1/X earphones on ebay:

Fxtec In-Ear Earphones - Wired with built-in Microphone - 4 replacement Ear tips

Strange, as those are (and afaik have always been) listed as out-of-stock on their own shop:

https://store.fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1/

Not that I'd like to buy them (the shipping cost to continental Europe is 4x the unit price), but out of curiosity: Is this official?

• Thanks 2

Update : feedback history shows additional information, sorry I initially didn't see it because eBay only shows item-specific feedback by default, and spotting that filter is tricky.

That's suspicious at best...

Those mounting brackets and RPi4 CMs might be official spare parts for the Linxdot miner that is/was marketed by F(x)tec. Still strange these items pop up on Ebay.

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 1:28 PM, claude0001 said:

Someone named fxtec_21 purports to sell 200 brand-new Pro1/X earphones on ebay:

Fxtec In-Ear Earphones - Wired with built-in Microphone - 4 replacement Ear tips

Strange, as those are (and afaik have always been) listed as out-of-stock on their own shop:

https://store.fxtec.com/product/fxtec-pro1/

Not that I'd like to buy them (the shipping cost to continental Europe is 4x the unit price), but out of curiosity: Is this official?

I bet those are part of the pre-order bonus we never ever got. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Tsunero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Tsunero said:

I think you are right. If they only produced those 200 pcs listed in eBay then I understand why they did not deliver them since many people here did not even need/want those earphones (including me). However, if there is more units then it is little bit strange. Why not to deliver if they had produced them already? To my understanding the whole point of forgetting earphones was to cut costs.

• Thanks 1
On 5/11/2024 at 5:56 AM, FlyingAntero said:

Why not to deliver if they had produced them already? To my understanding the whole point of forgetting earphones was to cut costs.

Well it's more profitable to sell them behind our backs instead of deliver them of course...

Where was this 'pre-order bonus' mentioned? I don't want/need them, but I want to verify these were promised at some point in the campaign.

Edited by phukfxtec
  • Like 1

I remember it being promoted as well but not for Indiegogo. Instead, I think they wanted to send it to their very first 'Preorders' but they changed their mind quite early which was okay for us all. Nobody really wanted these earphones.

I don't know if anybody actually got them since I believe somebody said that their quality was very bad.

On 5/14/2024 at 8:43 PM, phukfxtec said:

Well it's more profitable to sell them behind our backs instead of deliver them of course...

Where was this 'pre-order bonus' mentioned? I don't want/need them, but I want to verify these were promised at some point in the campaign.

This was eons ago, for the original Pro1 when ordering through the site. (so it wasn't backer based on another site like Indiegogo)

Edited by Tsunero
15 hours ago, Tsunero said:

This was eons ago, for the original Pro1 when ordering through the site. (so it wasn't backer based on another site like Indiegogo)

Right, it was the preorder of original Pro1 (so when Pro1 was in development stage and not even existed yet).