LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

1 hour ago, VaZso said:

For doing this, I should have some time digging into LineageOS development tools, settings, looking where the actual sources related to Pro1 are ...

Sorry, @VaZso, I probably misunderstood. I'm not pushing anyone to do anything. You and Slion seemed to have quite specific ideas what changes in the keyboard code could be test-implemented to see if that would improve things for you.

I fear either you find a LOS 18.1 dev who is willing to make those test-builds for you, or you will have to build yourself. The latter process is explained in a very comprehensive and fool-proof (looking at myself 🙂 ) way on the Lineage Wiki.

1 hour ago, VaZso said:

I saw there is a config but codes should be somewhere at GitHub

Getting the latest device-specific code for the Pro1 into your build environment is automated by the "breakfast pro1" step of the build instructions -- no need to search around manually.

The only thing that needs to be done manually (once) is extracting the binary vendor blobs from either your actual Pro1 or a previous (e.g. official) LineageOS image. All this is explained in the wiki step-by-step.

Again, no pressure! All I want to say: It is really not as difficult as it seems at first. 🙂

Edited by claude0001
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Slion said:

Not very far:

image.png.95aff9f1461efe768b30e5b246ecd870.png

lol

lol.

Seriously. As I said, fire-up a VirtualBox (or whatever hypervisor you prefer) and install Ubuntu LTS in it. Make sure to assign enough disk space, 200 GB is absolute minimum. Much more is needed if you want to make several builds in a row (much faster) whitout wiping everything in-between.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

Seriously. As I said, fire-up a VirtualBox

I'm still hoping I won't have to. Why make it easy when you can make it complicated 😁
Trying to fix that case sensitivity issue…
I already had WSL setup so could not bother setting up another linux env.

I want my brunch 🍳

Edited by Slion
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

We'll never fix that bug, I guess ...

That's an acceptable outcome 😁 failure is always an option!

Edited by Slion

I could overcome the case sensitivity issues even when trying to build from a Windows mount but there was another failure shortly afterward that you can't avoid apparently.

I'll make another attempt with WSL this time from an actual ext4 file system rather than from a Windows mount.
Apparently that should work:

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-build-lineageos-on-windows-10-using-wsl-2/

https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/7283

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, VaZso said:

...just a question...

Is HDMI output expected to work?
I could achieve a soft-restart (twice) of Android upon connecting it to an extrernal display.

Kernel still shows around 2 days of uptime.

I tried that quick this morning and it worked, though it was not connected for much more than 60 seconds I reckon.

21 minutes ago, Slion said:

I tried that quick this morning and it worked, though it was not connected for much more than 60 seconds I reckon.

Thanks.
Had you do any settings or it worked atomatically?

It may did a restart because I have opened its settings from status bar to see anything related why I haven't see anything.

Took my i7-7700K workstation about 6h30mn to build Lineage OS over WSL. Excluding repo sync.

The resulting zip file is suspiciously about 45MB smaller than the official release.

1 minute ago, Slion said:

Took my i7-7700K workstation about 6h30mn to build Lineage OS over WSL. Excluding repo sync.

The resulting zip file is suspiciously about 45MB smaller than the official release.

Also I think it's not booting. Just tried to sideload it without wiping. Now it's stuck on the loading animation. @claude0001Do I need to sign it somehow?

3 minutes ago, Slion said:

Also I think it's not booting. Just tried to sideload it without wiping. Now it's stuck on the loading animation. @claude0001Do I need to sign it somehow?

Did you migrate to "testing" keys as I explained (or tried to) here:

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, claude0001 said:

Did you migrate to "testing" keys as I explained (or tried to) here:

Of course not 😁, just did a wipe and it did boot.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Slion said:

Of course not 😁, just did a wipe and it did boot.

OK, if you wipe it should boot.

Somehow the equivalent of: "Nuke the entire site from orbit!" Obviously the only way to teach 'em manners ...

That it takes ages after a flash is normal ... or, at least, I got used to it.

Edited by claude0001
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, claude0001 said:

That it takes ages after a flash is normal ... or, at least, I got used to it.

Was actually fast to boot once I wiped.

Off to try build a modified keyboard driver.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 2

Is there a way to adjust Home and Task switcher gesture sensitivity? In the settings you can adjust back gesture sensitivity for left and right edges but I would like to lower the sensitivity of the swipe from bottom gesture. When in landscape with keyboard open it triggers way too easily. I'm guessing this was never tuned to be used in landscape.

Edited by Slion
11 hours ago, Slion said:

@claude0001 Is that normal the gapps won't show up with my custom build? It needs some proper signing to work?

I was not aware Gapps could not be installed on a custom build.

I have no Gapps, though, so I am the wrong person to ask. The only additional zip I sideload is Addonsu, and that works normally.