LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

lineage-18.1-20211115-nightly-pro1-signed.zip

I see a changelog about "Fix extended audio features" and there is a remark there:

- Also disable HDMI Passthrough, as it won't build on OSS builds.

I don't know if video out of Pro1 works under LineageOS or not, currently it does not work on my Pro1 running an old release (it does not display image but reboots when going into specific setting).

Does it work on your phone(s)?
If it does, is sound also works?

Looking at the remark above, I am afraid something is not complete there especially if some part(s) does not build on OSS builds what is sad...

I just tried it with an USB C hub that includes an HDMI socket which works well with my netbook/laptop (a cheap Teclast F5), but instead of sending an image to the TV, it provoked a cold shutdown (switchoff) of the phone when I connected the HDMI cable...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

I just tried it with an USB C hub that includes an HDMI socket which works well with my netbook/laptop (a cheap Teclast F5), but instead of sending an image to the TV, it provoked a cold shutdown (switchoff) of the phone when I connected the HDMI cable...

Thanks, so it does something similar like what it does on mine (I think  it produced a watchdog-like reboot for me).
Anyway, it worked for me on stock OS on the same device(s).

I have a bad feeling this function does not work on LOS and the chance to get it working is practically non-existent. 😞

25 minutes ago, marmistrz said:

I'm on the Nov 15 update right now, I'm connected to my display using a USB-C hub and an HDMI cable and it works much more reliably than before. I used to get random disconnections and now it works like charm.

Thanks, so it works for you using latest update of LOS.
I would like to update my system soon, so it is worth testing it.

On HDMI, I just tested with this one, that was in my mailbox this morning, And it works portrait and landscape, for ALL of Aicp-R, LineageOS 18.1 and Stock Pie. (and my laptop too. Bought it to get a travel usb-hub with Rj45 ethernet)

It is from China and on the package the model number is "BYL-2007", and the bar-code "6 957107 320057", and can most likely be found in many other places. e.g. here

(Android in landscape looks quite extreme on a 43" monitor BTW 😂 )

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Bought it to get a travel usb-hub with Rj45 ethernet

Anyway, does its RJ45 work under Android?

When I have tried my similar HUBs, there were no driver in the system for it but I think it was under stock OS.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, Rob. S. said:

[...] The most obvious difference to the earlier behaviour, by the way, is also a slight improvement: While earlier a failure to charge (along with entering the "not charging" mode) still showed a battery plus flash symbol in the status area as if it was charging, now the flash doesn't even appear, so I can at least see that it doesn't charge without having to open the AccA or Accu Battery app to check.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, Rob. S. said:

Following up to my last postsince the 18.1-20211108-NIGHTLY-pro1 OTA update on Monday I haven't observed any charging interruptions so far.

Spoken too soon; in the morning (now on 18.1-20211115-NIGHTLY-pro1), while connected, the battery was down to 20%, there was no flash symbol in the status bar and AccA again reported "not charging".

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Sad 1

I took a big breath and just upgraded my LOS 18.1 to latest version by OTA.
Everything seems to work, root was maintained and I thought it will took longer than in reality.

Tested TV out and it also works, including sound transfer.

Anyway, my USB connector is not really good... since a while I can only charge in one direction and data transfer practicaly only works if I hold it in the "right way" (stretched in one direction)... it would be good to obtain a replacement USB board sooner or later...

So OTA update works well and HDMI output also works.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, VaZso said:

it would be good to obtain a replacement USB board sooner or later...

Had they added those as options on IGG, I would almost certainly have bought some. I expect the pro1(x) might have to live very long, before we see a new keyboard phone to replace it, so would like to have plenty of spares, of the parts I expect to have a (relatively) short lifespan.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Had they added those as options on IGG, I would almost certainly have bought some. I expect the pro1(x) might have to live very long, before we see a new keyboard phone to replace it, so would like to have plenty of spares, of the parts I expect to have a (relatively) short lifespan.

Right, I would have also bought some for spare - then I will see how easy is the USB connector to obtain and replace... if it is practically possible, I would also repair old board and use it as a spare...

Also, they have designed Pro1(x) this way because of longer lifespan and easy replacement, so I think they will be available soon and I hope they will. These parts should not even expensive anyway.

One of the mean reason of it is on a relatively simple PCB may be the USB problems of N900 in the past and that device was an inspiration for Pro1.

I am a bit afraid of the long-term availability of the screen which is one of the most important parts of this phone but they may have a cooperation with the Chinese manufacturer of them, so they may have solved it - and also I hope.

• Like 1
On 11/17/2021 at 9:26 AM, VaZso said:

Anyway, does its RJ45 work under Android?

In case that function is really important to you, I have got this one:

UGREEN USB C Hub Ethernet with 4K 60Hz HDMI USB C Adapter LAN with HDMI, RJ45, 100W PD, SD/microSD, 2 USB 3.0

(though I remember buying it at lower price than 50 €). All features of that hub work in LineageOS 16.0 and I thus would expect them to work in 18.1, too.

That said, performance-wise, the Ethernet adapter does not even remotely reach the advertised 1 Gbit/s: using iperf3 I measure ~150 Mbit/s up and ~230 MBit/s down. On the same network, with the same peer, I easily get 300-400 MBit/s via the Pro1's WiFi ... 🤨

I do not care about that function much. I got the device for the SD-card reader (backups, backups, backups!), which works well, even with two cards inserted simultaneously.

The HDMI-Out (including sound) actually also worked in LOS 16.0 as long as I remember. Must have been some regression, if that wasn't the case for 18.1 shortly ago.

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

In case that function is really important to you, I have got this one:

UGREEN USB C Hub Ethernet with 4K 60Hz HDMI USB C Adapter LAN with HDMI, RJ45, 100W PD, SD/microSD, 2 USB 3.0

(though I remember buying it at lower price than 50 €). All features of that hub work in LineageOS 16.0 and I thus would expect them to work in 18.1, too.

That said, performance-wise, the Ethernet adapter does not even remotely reach the advertised 1 Gbit/s: using iperf3 I measure ~150 Mbit/s up and ~230 MBit/s down. On the same network, with the same peer, I easily get 300-400 MBit/s via the Pro1's WiFi ... 🤨

I do not care about that function much. I got the device for the SD-card reader (backups, backups, backups!), which works well, even with two cards inserted simultaneously.

The HDMI-Out (including sound) actually also worked in LOS 16.0 as long as I remember. Must have been some regression, if that wasn't the case for 18.1 shortly ago.

Thanks. I have two kinds of similar HUBs and I think I have only tried them under stock OS...

However, my USB connection of Pro1 is not really good, I am having trouble also using my thermal camera but I have just realized the problem is coming from the connector of my Pro1 and not at the micro USB --> Type-C convesion of the camera... I would need to replace the USB board. 😞

However, HDMI worked for me maybe a week ago when I have tried it (but very haphazardly thanks to my Type-C connector) while it did not work on an early version of LineageOS 18.1

• Sad 1

(lineage-18.1-20211129-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on November 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

...But the reintroduced (early August) Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed.

The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

(lineage-18.1-20211206-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on November 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

...But the reintroduced (early August) Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed.

The stage after download and install called "Finalising package installation" is surprising slow though)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used Light Manager on stock Android where it worked fine.
However, it does not work under LineageOS 18 and I don't really like some of the default colours of LED  notification (my custom colours are coming from my N900 setup).

Recently, I have found a surprise.

There is an option under Settings / Applications and notifications / Notifications / Special / Notification light (sorry, these names are not exact names) where there are some related settings.

At upper-right corner, there is an "Add" button, where an Application can be selected.
The selected application will be displayed at the bottom of the setting page and specific colour, duration and blinking speed can be selected (per application).

Also there is an option to allow notification LED to work when the display is on.

I like this setting is exists, however, I miss combined notifications (only the very last notification is displayed), a setting of battery level/charging-related settings (also, including "charged" green colour, they are over the real notifications) and a restrict list of disallowed applications (or to discard applications not selected).

In this relation Light Manager was much better.

Another thing what I did not like is I have often disabled WiFi, Bluetooh, Mobile data, Automatic rotation and such things when I was holding my phone in hand in locked state and somehow its screen was turned on.
(...and noticed later in car it could not connect to handsfree or unnecessarily used mobile data at home or no internet /thus, notifications/ on the road or I did not know why it does not want to rotate the screen...)

Now I could solve it using Tasker and Secure Settings plugin using Display Unlocked and Display Off events.
Unfortunately, it needs root access and uses "settings put secure sysgui_qs_tiles" following the enabled tiles names.
I only left Flaslhight and Reading mode available in locked state, however, I haven't use the latter yet. 🙂

So I like I could finally hide tiles which are not good to be left to available in locked state.

• Like 1

(lineage-18.1-20211213-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on November 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 1

(lineage-18.1-20211220-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on December 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

• Thanks 1