LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

On 11/1/2021 at 9:08 AM, Wheeljack said:

Did the OTA just now and the new keyboard driver is a godsend.

This. I backported that patch to my LOS 16.0 yesterday and have yet to experience an unwanted double keystroke. Good work, people!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, claude0001 said:

This. I backported that patch to my LOS 16.0 yesterday and have yet to experience an unwanted double keystroke. Good work, people!

For some reason I never had much of an issue with double keystroke. Good to know though.

1 hour ago, Slion said:

For some reason I never had much of an issue with double keystroke. Good to know though.

Nor had I, but it is indeed good to know—if just because the few times I experienced something like that now were probably not caused by worn-out hardware, which I'd otherwise would have expected...

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice a slightly different behaviour with charging after the latest update? 

While I cannot say yet whether something changed with the intermittent failures to charge although being connected (the ominous "not charging" state instead of either "charging" or "discharging"), it seems to me that it takes a bit longer now until charging starts after connecting the cable; also, I've had several occasions in which charging wouldn't start after connecting, with the state still "discharging"? I cannot totally exclude the possibility that in some of those cases AccA was keeping the device in "discharging" mode because the lower limit wasn't reached yet, but I don't think that was the case in all those occasions here...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Sad 1
On 11/3/2021 at 11:15 AM, raymo said:

Awesome !
bbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbb
this key was always problematic in my qwerty model, so I tape a little "b" to celebrate this.

bbb bb !
THANKS !!!

All these bbbbbbbbs, I thought you were bbbbbbbrrr freezing 🤣

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Did anyone else notice a slightly different behaviour with charging after the latest update? 

I have the same behaviour, but this appears a few months ago. I've suspected AccA as I also use it, and sometimes the only way getting the charge to go is a reboot.
When happens I tried with AccA service disabled but was the same. This behaviour is difficult to reproduce, I can't explain it and I haven't found any relation with update (yet).

But it could be, as far as I know...
...(and I sometimes like imperfect hardware as it gives me distance with intrusive technologies... this was for the philosophic point).

• Thanks 1

My phone died over the day because it did not charge over the night. Even today I was unable to get it to charge. The cable was connected and it also accepted it, but still said "Can not charge right now" or however it's written in the English version.

Seems like restarting "fixed" the issue. I hope it was just one time..

• Sad 1

Just for the record, yesterday I had another occasion of the phone not charging, with the state remaining "discharging", although the cable was connected and live and the charge level was below the discharge limit. After reboot, charging restarted.

The most obvious difference to the earlier behaviour, by the way, is also a slight improvement: While earlier a failure to charge (along with entering the "not charging" mode) still showed a battery plus flash symbol in the status area as if it was charging, now the flash doesn't even appear, so I can at least see that it doesn't charge without having to open the AccA or Accu Battery app to check.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Thanks 1

(lineage-18.1-20211108-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on November 5 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

...But the reintroduced Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed, see above.

(the bug introduced last week maiming accessibility app's access to the keyboard has gone 🙂 )

PS
A tiny tiny bug on the lock-screen in landscape (Both Lineage and AICP)
453340831_IMG_20211103_0913520101.jpg.09867cc6efa72dc9517909fac8562581.jpg
BTW it might have been there 'always', since the lock icon was added, as the position of the clock in landscape/portrait is the same for stock android.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

BTW it might have been there 'always', since the lock icon was added, as the position of the clock in landscape/portrait is the same for stock android.

Currently I am runnning a relatively old version of LOS, here the lock icon is above the clock but in the same horizontal position... but my current system is too old for a proper guess where it may has changed. 🙂

• Like 1
7 hours ago, VaZso said:

Currently I am runnning a relatively old version of LOS, here the lock icon is above the clock but in the same horizontal position... but my current system is too old for a proper guess where it may has changed. 🙂

Thanks. I'm unfortunately to lazy to start flashing old versions to see when it was introduced. *LOL*
What are you running? 16.x , 17.x or just an older 18.x ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Thanks. I'm unfortunately to lazy to start flashing old versions to see when it was introduced. *LOL*
What are you running? 16.x , 17.x or just an older 18.x ?

It is 18.x but I didn't dare updating it since I have installed it... however, I will update it to the latest version soon...

It is an official 210805 build...

• Thanks 1

Ah so you got a rather recent LOS (the earliest 18.1 release is from around May, if I remember correctly).

Please click  Settings ► About phone ► Android Version.

The line LineageOS version would then have a stamp like

• 18.1.20211108-NIGHTLY.pro1,

that should give the date. So they will know the bug is newer than your date. 🙂

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

that should give the date. So they will know the bug is newer than your date. 🙂

That is 18.1-20210816-NIGHTLY.pro1

"Unfortunately", a lot of things have changed since that date...

• Thanks 1

I'm using two SIMS, one from 1&1 Germany and one from Orange France. The 1&1 SIM also has a sister SIM in another smartphone. My Pro1 does not register any call on the German number. Though I'm sure this was working at some point. The French one works fine. SMS and data on the German SIM are working too.

Moreover on every restart it says new SIM installed.
Also I do know that it works sometimes as the other day a call went through. 

After switching preferred network type to GSM only it works.
If I switch preferred network type LTE it's not working. In fact if LTE is in the list of preferred network type then calls don't come through.

Default preferred network type was: LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA.
Looks like I'm going to settle for: TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA as it's the same without LTE which seems to be the bugger here.

However no LTE means I don't get 4G data bandwidth, which sucks so this is hardly a satisfactory workaround. Luckily I can use the Orange SIM for data… still what a mess.

Probably cause I did not have LTE coverage then.

Edited by Slion
  • Sad 1
22 hours ago, Slion said:

I'm using two SIMS, one from 1&1 Germany and one from Orange France. The 1&1 SIM also has a sister SIM in another smartphone. My Pro1 does not register any call on the German number. Though I'm sure this was working at some point. The French one works fine. SMS and data on the German SIM are working too.

Moreover on every restart it says new SIM installed.

After switching preferred network type to GSM only it works.
If I switch preferred network type LTE it's not working. In fact if LTE is in the list of preferred network type then calls don't come through.

Default preferred network type was: LTE/TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA.
Looks like I'm going to settle for: TDSCDMA/CDMA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA as it's the same without LTE which seems to be the bugger here.

However no LTE means I don't get 4G data bandwidth, which sucks so this is hardly a satisfactory workaround. Luckily I can use the Orange SIM for data… still what a mess.

Probably cause I did not have LTE coverage then.

Same problem here, started while upgrading from 17.1.

I have two italian SIM installed. If I am on LTE only I can't make calls anymore and I do not receivee any call. If I am on any mode that has LTE in it, the LTE will drop to EDGE or HSDPA if I make calls, and I can't receive calls. If I switch to GSM/WCDMA or other setting without LTE I can receive the calls correctly.

I tried some updates of LOS18.1 but the problem persists.

The problem is quite strange, since in LTE mod if someone is calling me he will find my number free but the phone won't ring and register the call.

I tried also a factory reset with no luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, paul said:

The problem is quite strange, since in LTE mod if someone is calling me he will find my number free but the phone won't ring and register the call.

Just curious... have you tried to check if VoLTE is enabled?
You should have a switch in Android settings and also service provider can switch it off.

For me (when I have tried), enabling VoLTE allows me to initiate a call but phone doesn't ringing althought it rings for the caller.

Here the system is a bit old version of LineageOS 18.1

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, paul said:

Same here. That is a nasty bug we ought to report that and see if any of the dev can help.

• Sad 1
29 minutes ago, VaZso said:

For me (when I have tried), enabling VoLTE allows me to initiate a call but phone doesn't ringing althought it rings for the caller.

Sounds like our issue. Unfortunately none of my SIMs are showing the VoLTE option or that Advanced Calling option which is like exactly the same it seems. Though If I do a Settings search for LTE those options are showing in the search result and links you to the SIM settings page.

3 hours ago, Slion said:

Sounds like our issue. Unfortunately none of my SIMs are showing the VoLTE option or that Advanced Calling option which is like exactly the same it seems. Though If I do a Settings search for LTE those options are showing in the search result and links you to the SIM settings page.

Hmm, same for me... anyway, if you have two SIMs installed, you have two separate places for these SIMs.
Also, only one SIM has LTE availability and there is no such settings for the other - that may be the reason it does not find it.

However, in Setings, under Network / Internet, there is a Mobile networks menu item and here are the two SIMs (sorry for incorrect naming).
One of them may have VoLTE activation checkbox.

Additionally, now I have VoLTE enabled for my company SIM, so I may have to check if it is working... I don't know when it was activated but I have used the other card for mobile internet for about a month...

Also, you have to use Mobile Data on the very same card which has VoLTE enabled (or at least definitively if they are different operators) and that is why I would like to re-check if it works for me (or at least it rings) as I think it is enabled again since a while now and I usually use Mobile Data on this card, except the few weeks earlier...

• Like 1
14 hours ago, VaZso said:

Hmm, same for me... anyway, if you have two SIMs installed, you have two separate places for these SIMs.
Also, only one SIM has LTE availability and there is no such settings for the other - that may be the reason it does not find it.

However, in Setings, under Network / Internet, there is a Mobile networks menu item and here are the two SIMs (sorry for incorrect naming).
One of them may have VoLTE activation checkbox.

Additionally, now I have VoLTE enabled for my company SIM, so I may have to check if it is working... I don't know when it was activated but I have used the other card for mobile internet for about a month...

Also, you have to use Mobile Data on the very same card which has VoLTE enabled (or at least definitively if they are different operators) and that is why I would like to re-check if it works for me (or at least it rings) as I think it is enabled again since a while now and I usually use Mobile Data on this card, except the few weeks earlier...

I can confirm that in the SIM 1 there is no option for 4G calls ON/OFF, but there is option in SIM 2 (that I use without data and with GSM mode only, but it doesn't change if I thange those settings).

I also did not try to switch off VoLTE in 4636 menu, but I tried last month to switch the SIM positioning and the problem persisted.

Anyway, it is definitely a bug since it was not there in LOS17.1...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1