Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X

1 hour ago, toast said:

So, so far, noone has been hit with surcharges or customs fees/taxes of any kind? 

Did anyone from EU recieve theirs yet? 

Im interested to know what I can expect to get hit with when/if it arrives in Sweden.

I am afraid I will find it out in one week. 🙂
I have just received a tracking info and I hope they will not charge me - but I am prepared so we will see it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you still haven't received one when all of batch #1 has shipped, you will have a reason to complain, and rest assured I will complain in case the phone I ordered in Sept 2019 won't come in batch #1

Here's mine, finally got it yesterday! Yay! 🙂 (QWERTZ 8/256 GB IGG order from Oct 2020, with the QWERTY 8/256 GB website order from Sept 2019 hopefully arriving soon too, though no tracking

The only thing that has been said so far is that those perks will be sent out after the phones.  However, I would recommend contacting FxTec via email and explain your situation.  I suspect they may h

Posted Images

The percentage is purely dependent on the destination country and whether you pay or not depends if the declared value is over the threshold (again, varies by country) and whether it gets picked up.  As they are sending tracked there's surely info that will be picked up when it's scanned so unless perks are legitimately undervalued as they were not purchased there's no way I'm expecting to get it for free in the UK, and I imagine most places would be the same.  The one exception being the USA where they got lucky - if the bundles were sent with the phone the package would be over the threshold but phone alone will not.

56 minutes ago, suicidal_orange said:

The percentage is purely dependent on the destination country and whether you pay or not depends if the declared value is over the threshold (again, varies by country) and whether it gets picked up.  As they are sending tracked there's surely info that will be picked up when it's scanned so unless perks are legitimately undervalued as they were not purchased there's no way I'm expecting to get it for free in the UK, and I imagine most places would be the same.  The one exception being the USA where they got lucky - if the bundles were sent with the phone the package would be over the threshold but phone alone will not.

Indeed, I also expect a customs bill around €150-200, including the exorbitant 'handling fee' the carriers usually add... on top of the US$539 I paid for a Super Early Bird.

13 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Indeed, I also expect a customs bill around €150-200, including the exorbitant 'handling fee' the carriers usually add... on top of the US$539 I paid for a Super Early Bird.

I am also expecting a customs bill of around 150 EUR for the same perk/payment which should be much better if they were count using the exchange rate of purchase (which I am doubt)...

Edited by VaZso
4 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I am also expecting a customs bill of around 150 EUR for the same perk/payment which should be much better if they were count using the exchange rate of purchase (which I am doubt)...

Well we can prove that it was much cheaper back then, from the bank statement, but the big question is how long that fight will delay the delivery.

2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well we can prove that it was much cheaper back then, from the bank statement, but the big question is how long that fight will delay the delivery.

Also, standard local post courier has decided to handle all shipments as personal orders automatically adding 27% TAX (and VAT if necessary) and you have to tell them prior arriving if it is a different order (like a business one)...

However, I don't know how other couriers have changed their handling but at least I was able to order through FedEx as a business order (different product).

So FedEx should be different but I have no experience since the "simplification" mentioned above (as a result of changing EU law of handling low value shipments).

So it is still an interesting question.

17 minutes ago, toast said:

Anyways, assuming I will have to pay all of it, it would probably be something along the lines of:

Import tax: 20% of 340$ = 68$

VAT: 25% of 340$ = 83$

Couriers import fee = ~15$

Which would mean a total of about 166$ in fees and surcharges. Which, I suppose, makes your calculations pretty likely as well. I guess time will tell.

Tax and VAT?

I'm in the UK and based on $300+40 a calculator just said I should expect 0% Duty and 20% VAT plus handling fee which is consistent with things I've imported from non-EU countries in the past - I only checked as I've not imported anything for many years.

I'm used to talking to Americans and being jealous that they pay nothing, feels weird being on the good end for a change!

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, toast said:

Im happy that I could make you happy 😅

Not happy, though of course I can't complain.  I'm all for equality and your government did no more than the US one does when a phone gets delivered from afar - how can they get away with charging you so much, and where is this place so I know where never to move to?

Got my Fedex confirmation last night, and the same from IGG a few hours later. Contribution ID is 4xx.  Estimated delivery is next Thursday.  Unfortunately it's going to sit there until LineageOS is ready, and even then I'm not looking forward to it on account of Android 12's awful UI changes.

Edited by Noob
  • Confused 2

Would be really nice if we had one or two older generations of LineageOS officially supported in parallel at least for some time after the most current version became officially supported... 

Depending on how good stock Android is implemented this time and how well I get along with Android 12, I might actually stay with stock for the time being, and look forward to seeing whether Android 13 will impose more nuisances on us or actually improve things again for a change. (Yes, stock Android is 11; I suppose @Noob refuses stock Android for a different reason.)

Good thing is I'll be able to see for myself soon, as I've finally received tracking information for one of my two ordered Pro¹ X devices, too! 😀

Back in October 2020, soon after the Pro¹X had been introduced, I was one of the few Pro¹ buyers of 2019 who hadn't already received their phones, and when the Pro¹X appeared on IGG, I thought, well, well, well, even if it's a substantial amount of money I could use for something better, it might be fun to see which one I'll get earlier.

And it turns out, it indeed is the IGG order from October 2020 for an 8/256 GB QWERTZ version (contribution number in the early 300s) that I'll get earlier! Seeing all the recently sent-out tracking confirmations are still in batch #1, I might still get my Pro¹ (changed to Pro¹ X 8/256 GB QWERTY) ordered September 2019 in that same batch, too.

I guess it seems clear now that F(x)tec, while they may (roughly) have sorted the phones into those two batches by date of purchase, simply didn't bother to put the devices within a batch in any special order, which also makes perfect sense, as the difference between the first and the latest item of a batch will at worst have been a few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
23 hours ago, suicidal_orange said:

The percentage is purely dependent on the destination country and whether you pay or not depends if the declared value is over the threshold (again, varies by country) and whether it gets picked up.

Although I won't get my Pro1-X until next week, FedEx already emailed me the documentation, including commercial invoice (I'll do my own clearance to avoid paying the extra FedEx fees).  At least in the case of mine (website order, so "full price"), the phone has been declared at 499 GBP.

• Thanks 3

It's fucking insane that IGG orders are seemingly shipping ahead of orders placed in early 2020. I still haven't even gotten a shipping email. And if I have to pay VAT (like some of you are describing) on top of waiting two years after paying $800+ on an already-obsolete phone, then I'm just going to let it be sent back and demand for a refund.

This is utterly ridiculous. It's always another excuse, always another delay, always another hiccup, never their own fault, and always people defending them with their own pulled-out-of-their-ass theories, regardless. There are zero excuses when other enthusiast small-time cell phone manufacturers of similar scale have been thriving and are as efficient as they are in comparison.

Edited by Jishkah
27 minutes ago, Jishkah said:

It's fucking insane that IGG orders are seemingly shipping ahead of orders placed in early 2020. I still haven't even gotten a shipping email

If you still haven't received one when all of batch #1 has shipped, you will have a reason to complain, and rest assured I will complain in case the phone I ordered in Sept 2019 won't come in batch #1, too. If you cannot contain yourself for the few more days that will take, all the more so after you have been waiting for more than two years now, your fuse it too short.

And then tell us which other tiny, but "thriving" and "efficient" company has been denied an already promised supply of SoCs, making scrap out of their mainboard, in place of which they then had to create a completely new design to fit another SoC.  

Also, please tell us how Brexit, which in doubt will be the reason for people having to pay VAT, is F(x)tec's fault.

I stand by my assessment; anyone who has been ordering a phone from F(x)tec will be lucky to get anything at all. It is a major miracle they haven't long since folded, with everyone getting neither a phone nor their money back.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
48 minutes ago, toast said:

I agree. I also did not decide yet if Im going to pay the customs fees and VAT for an utterly outdated phone that has no usable software yet, or if I will just let it return to sender and consider my money lost.. Atleast that way, I wont lose even more money on a device that I cant use anyways. I guess it comes down to how much Fedex will be asking for.

Also, it depends a bit on if there is usable software by the time it gets here (sfos, lineage, ubuntu)..

It should be fairly easy to sell it for more than the customs amounts to. What key-layout have you requested? The Pro1s have had a high resale value on e.g. ebay used. And if unopened, it should be even easier.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, toast said:

It is a scandinavian layout.
Sadly, I dont see a way of selling it unopened with a good conscience, seeing as people recieve Pro 1 X's with broken NFC, faulty speakers and even in the wrong color, appearantly..
Anyways, time will tell.

Well IF your unit proves to have faults and you have sold it unopened, you could clearly say to be in good faith, and any complaints be between FxTec and the new owner.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well IF your unit proves to have faults and you have sold it unopened, you could clearly say to be in good faith, and any complaints be between FxTec and the new owner.

Yes, FxTec has always applied the warranty to the hardware, not the owner.  They honor any warranty even if the unit has changed hands.

• Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, toast said:

It is a scandinavian layout.
Sadly, I dont see a way of selling it unopened with a good conscience, seeing as people recieve Pro 1 X's with broken NFC, lousy Wifi/data reception, faulty speakers and even in the wrong color, appearantly..
Anyways, time will tell.

One other thing on this before  we go.  We really need to wait until most people have these to determine scale.  Remember that people mostly come to forums when they have problems, rarely to say "wow, this is great, I don't need any help." 😄  So seems awful early to be considering whether selling your unopened Pro1x is ethical or not.

• Like 3
20 hours ago, pontresburlet said:

image.thumb.png.427b576384945de9e280d96600618021.pngto bad the phone isn't blue....I don't even want to try and send it back so I can get the right one.  Also, 

When I get my 2019 order which is supposed to come as a blue QWERTY 8/256 GB Pro¹X (no tracking confirmation yet; the 2020 order which *is* scheduled to arrive on Thursday is QWERTZ), I might be willing to swap, given it actually does come in blue. 

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, toast said:

May I ask on what declared amount?

I self-declared 741€, the amount I paid F(x)tec, ergo 177,84€ VAT.

Edited by ducksoup
Clarified that this was self-declared, not F(x)tec's declared amount
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X