Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X

1 minute ago, aquaz said:

Got mine.

But is it blue?  😁

2 minutes ago, aquaz said:

I know it's stupid but I'm a little bit surprised it doesn't have a notification diode.

By "notification diode", do you mean the general notification LED on the front of the device?  There is one, RGB, upper right corner.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you still haven't received one when all of batch #1 has shipped, you will have a reason to complain, and rest assured I will complain in case the phone I ordered in Sept 2019 won't come in batch #1

Here's mine, finally got it yesterday! Yay! 🙂 (QWERTZ 8/256 GB IGG order from Oct 2020, with the QWERTY 8/256 GB website order from Sept 2019 hopefully arriving soon too, though no tracking

The only thing that has been said so far is that those perks will be sent out after the phones.  However, I would recommend contacting FxTec via email and explain your situation.  I suspect they may h

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, ducksoup said:

But is it blue?  😁

It is blue 😄

12 minutes ago, ducksoup said:

By "notification diode", do you mean the general notification LED on the front of the device?  There is one, RGB, upper right corner.

Wait what!? OK, there's something there indeed. Do you know where are the settings for it in this stock Android?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, aquaz said:

Wait what!? OK, there's something there indeed. Do you know where are the settings for it in this stock Android?

I don't, and at the moment I'm playing around with Sailfish, so I can't go looking.  It should certainly light up, even in default configuration, when you plug in a USB cable to charge.

• Thanks 2

It does light up when I plug the charger in. Dang that's weird.

I can see absolutely zero settings related to it, maybe it needs an external app for it - wonder if it's just the Android build that doesn't have it or they just ditched this functionality.

• Like 2

Today's delivery attempt failed because the delivery person wanted to collect import VAT (130 €). Next attempt tomorrow. (FedEx did not announce the fact, let alone give me the option to pay online beforehand, as UPS did last time I received something through them... )

• Sad 2

Huh, guess that depends on a country. My courier did not want any money from me, but that happened before with Fedex. They don't collect cash for taxes directly, they usually send me an invoice after the delivery (with post, not with Fedex 😛 ).

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, aquaz said:

OK, first issue, maybe I'll create a new thread for it - the lower speaker is breaking up and making rythmic static pop noises 😐 I wasn't doing it at the very beginning I think I would notice. 😕

Does it still do it if you power off the device, restart it or enabling / disabling different peripherals like WLAN, Bluetooth, mobile data, NFC, etc?

I am just curious if it is related to something enabled / disabled, maybe a software issue or anything else.

OK this is weird. Doesn't seem to be affected by any of the comms I enable or disable. The lower speaker starts working when there's something loud playing. When it's silent, like if I put the YT on lower wolume or a ringtone/notification sound is quiet it only just does this popping sound. 😐

Damn it. Brand new phone.

21 minutes ago, aquaz said:

OK this is weird. Doesn't seem to be affected by any of the comms I enable or disable. The lower speaker starts working when there's something loud playing. When it's silent, like if I put the YT on lower wolume or a ringtone/notification sound is quiet it only just does this popping sound. 😐

Damn it. Brand new phone.

Sounds like a software issue. Will try if I can reproduce...
ADD; Yes I got the same (on a before retail sample) :classic_sad:
(Add II: Headset not affected by this bug)

15 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Today's delivery attempt failed because the delivery person wanted to collect import VAT (130 €). Next attempt tomorrow. (FedEx did not announce the fact, let alone give me the option to pay online beforehand, as UPS did last time I received something through them... )

I received an email in advance notifying me that FedEx had paid the custom charge to avoid any delay and I simply paid online.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Fenny said:

Just got mine from indiegogo... and the screen is defective. At this point I am ready to tell anyone who will listen to stay the hell away from F(x)tec.

That's terrible!  And from what I've seen it's basically impossible to reach them for any kind of issues.  I wish you luck on getting it fix.

22 hours ago, aquaz said:

OK, first issue, maybe I'll create a new thread for it - the lower speaker is breaking up and making rythmic static pop noises 😐 I wasn't doing it at the very beginning I think I would notice. 😕

I wonder is this related to one of the june update by fxtec they have issue on speakers and mic.

3 hours ago, sspiff said:

Ordered mine through Indiegogo, got it yesterday. Had to pay 138 euro to Fedex for taxes and processing.

Phone works fine, no damage or defects. My hinge is very stiff, hard to push open with two thumbs to be honest.

It is NOT a push parallel to the screen.
Please see this

5 hours ago, sspiff said:

I'm trying this but it still is very clumsy & not smooth for me.

Interesting... Even without seeing the videos I just do it easily...

I do either the lift behind then push open or push slightly down and slide to get it open. (I'm still eager to get a propr OS in this thing and start playing with it!!!)

• Like 1

This is how it was with the Pro1.  Took me a while, but then it became second nature.  Lift slightly in back and push,  as @brunoais mentioned, is easiest.  I can now even do it one-handed (though I don't recommend that if you haven't done something to make the back less slick.  I have a skin on the back of mine,).

I usually say that it is a bit like riding a bike. Hard to explain, hard to do at first, and when your body learned it, you can not understand how it was hard in the first place.

But a simple way to open is to lift the back edge of the display, rather than pushing the front edge 'downish'. With a little exercise , this can be combined with touhching the fingerprint reader, thus doing all in one motion.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BufferBear said:

Hey, anyone know how to split the screen?  I hit the square icon, and the windows config flashes as to show 2 screens and then eturns to the default position.

I get wildly flashing triangle/circle/square icons when I tap and hold the square icon which is strange, but I get split screen mode by a short tap on the square icon, a short tap on the size-reduced app's icon, and then there's the split screen option.

(I keep forgetting how this works as well, with so many changes in past Android versions...)

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X