Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X

We have similar VAT rates, but with current exchange rates that's like half of what I've paid for the phone back in the day, OMFG 😐

Does anyone know if there's a way around this? Like if I'd show the customs how much I've actually paid for the product back in the day in my local currency they would deduct the tax based on that amount?

Edited by aquaz
  • Like 1
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you still haven't received one when all of batch #1 has shipped, you will have a reason to complain, and rest assured I will complain in case the phone I ordered in Sept 2019 won't come in batch #1

Here's mine, finally got it yesterday! Yay! 🙂 (QWERTZ 8/256 GB IGG order from Oct 2020, with the QWERTY 8/256 GB website order from Sept 2019 hopefully arriving soon too, though no tracking

The only thing that has been said so far is that those perks will be sent out after the phones.  However, I would recommend contacting FxTec via email and explain your situation.  I suspect they may h

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, aquaz said:

Does anyone know if there's a way around this? Like if I'd show the customs how much I've actually paid for the product back in the day in my local currency they would deduct the tax based on that amount?

Can't speak for wherever you are, but here in Finland they are very clear about that:  "In the case of customs declarations for release for free circulation, the conversion rates applied are those valid on the date when Customs accepts the customs declaration for the goods."

So at least here, no, you can't get around that unfortunately.

• Sad 2

Our customs service usually doesn't care about the amount declared by the sender - that happens very rarely. Usually they ask the buyer for receipt/invoice and they calculate VAT tax based on the amounts there. Since I was in the super early bird perk or whatever its name was I've paid a bit more so.. FML 😛

Edited by aquaz
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, Chris said:

No email response since I reached out in May,  also, no shipping info yet ...

I ordered original pro1 - #50901 - January 22, 2020

... was upgraded to pro1x

Mine was 1 month and ~2500 order numbers later:

> Order #53*** was placed on February 22, 2020 and is currently Processing

Likewise, nothing received regarding the current round of shipping.

• Like 1

Seem having been on a fast lane. Ordered through IGG in June (QWERTZ) and received on Saturday from FedEX the message they picked up my parcel. Arrived today in Switzerland, but can't unfortunately get it, as I am in Spain. I hope it's the phone and not only the spare parts of the IGG-Bundle. 😉

Customs contacted me requesting details about the purchase.

Declared amount was 499 GBP, I bought it for 599 USD so I've sent them PDF from the Indiegogo campaign, the transaction proof from the bank. Probably 23% VAT and then some for the customs service.

Dang.

• Sad 2
7 hours ago, Iambchop said:

Mine was 1 month and ~2500 order numbers later:

> Order #53*** was placed on February 22, 2020 and is currently Processing

Likewise, nothing received regarding the current round of shipping.

Same for me, 

Order #53*** was placed on March 4, 2020 and is currently Processing.

• Like 1

Pro1-X has arrived in Finland, one day late, but I'll take it.  It is definitely not blue, but it is 8/256, and I never had a strong feeling about the colour, so this is fine.

I should add that first impressions are very good.  The hardware feels excellent, very good build quality.  Great screen.  I have not tested any connectivity yet.

The hinge mechanism feels excellent.

Only disappointment is lack of screen protector, as mentioned by others.  There is neither a preapplied protector nor an included separate one.  I have in the past kept my phone in a flip cover, which obviates the need, but since that kind of cover can't be used with the Pro1, including a protector would have been nice.

Bootloader is factory unlocked.

Edited by ducksoup
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, toast said:

May I ask if you ordered it from the website or perked it from IndieGoGo? And did you expect a black or a blue one?

It was a website order, and I ordered blue (IIRC that was the only colour offered).  I think I would have preferred blue (every other smartphone I've ever owned has been black, so some variety would be nice!), but it's a mild enough preference that I don't mind.

2 hours ago, ducksoup said:

I have in the past kept my phone in a flip cover, which obviates the need, but since that kind of cover can't be used with the Pro1, including a protector would have been nice.

It most certainly can! 😄 I have been using it since 2019...

See e.g. the slo-mo video where I use one from the 'open' thread here.

I have a lot of blah blah in this thread in my blog, and we have a long thread in here as well.

Sure it is DIY, but we are talking a few minutes of work that anyone can do (no special skills required at all)

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

It most certainly can! 😄 I have been using it since 2019..

Oh thanks much for that.  I admit I had just assumed, based on the design of my current OnePlus cover, that that wasn't an option for the Pro1.  Shame on me for not searching the forum first!  (I shamefully admit to having completely missed the Pro1 and not discovering F(x)tec until the Pro1-X, so I've got a lot to learn!)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, aquaz said:

I'll be very sad if mine doesn't arrive in blue 😞

The Pro1X in blue, would make it easier to keep track on which is Pro1 and Which is Pro1X... 😁

I currently have one retail Pro1 I bought, one final sample Pro1 and an early preproduction Pro1. And today got a 'verification sample' of the Pro1X (black), and will (hopefully soon) get the retail Pro1X I perked for...

• Like 1

Hi,

I received an email today from fxtec.
Unfortunately, it is not -already- to inform me of the departure, arrival or transit of my device (yes, I know, it's fedex that seems to take care of that)...
To date, I have not yet received any information on the delivery...
This message explains that our devices are delivered unlocked... and I love the way the message about deliveries is written.
here it is:

How to lock the boot loader on the Pro1 X to allow the usage of Google Mobility Services.

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

No images? Click here

Dear Valued Customer,

As you may know, we started to mass ship Pro1-X orders two weeks ago and is currently still ongoing. Whether or not you have received the Pro1-X already, we would like to inform you that the phone will come with "OEM Unlocked" by default. 

Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) unlock is needed when you want to unlock bootloader on your Pro1-X. Although having access to bootloader can allow you to root your device and flash custom ROMs, the catch is that you will no longer be able to use Google Mobile Services (GMS) such as Google Pay on your device.

We firmly believe that by allowing users with more access and control over their devices can help them achieve more, and with so much functionality packed in the Pro1-X, we decided to ship our Pro1-X’s with “OEM unlocked” by default to offer convenience when flashing other OS’s such as LineageOS and UbuntuTouch. 

But we also understand other users would like to unlock the full potential of our stock Android firmware too, so we’d like to dedicate this documentation to those who wish to lock OEM and use GMS on their devices.

If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to drop us an email via [email protected]!

Thanks,

Team Fxtec 🙂

FX Technology Limited
1 Chalfont Park,

Gerrards Cross,

SL90BG

We are a London based smartphone brand, highly passionate about technology and phones. Our mission is to create products and devices that deliver a richer user experience to what’s currently available on the market. We strive for the highest levels of quality in every aspect of what we touch.

6 minutes ago, deamon said:

Hi,

I received an email today from fxtec.
Unfortunately, it is not -already- to inform me of the departure, arrival or transit of my device (yes, I know, it's fedex that seems to take care of that)...
To date, I have not yet received any information on the delivery...
This message explains that our devices are delivered unlocked... and I love the way the message about deliveries is written.
here it is:

How to lock the boot loader on the Pro1 X to allow the usage of Google Mobility Services.

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

No images? Click here

Dear Valued Customer,

As you may know, we started to mass ship Pro1-X orders two weeks ago and is currently still ongoing. Whether or not you have received the Pro1-X already, we would like to inform you that the phone will come with "OEM Unlocked" by default. 

Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) unlock is needed when you want to unlock bootloader on your Pro1-X. Although having access to bootloader can allow you to root your device and flash custom ROMs, the catch is that you will no longer be able to use Google Mobile Services (GMS) such as Google Pay on your device.

We firmly believe that by allowing users with more access and control over their devices can help them achieve more, and with so much functionality packed in the Pro1-X, we decided to ship our Pro1-X’s with “OEM unlocked” by default to offer convenience when flashing other OS’s such as LineageOS and UbuntuTouch. 

But we also understand other users would like to unlock the full potential of our stock Android firmware too, so we’d like to dedicate this documentation to those who wish to lock OEM and use GMS on their devices.

If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to drop us an email via [email protected]!

Thanks,

Team Fxtec 🙂

FX Technology Limited
1 Chalfont Park,

Gerrards Cross,

SL90BG

We are a London based smartphone brand, highly passionate about technology and phones. Our mission is to create products and devices that deliver a richer user experience to what’s currently available on the market. We strive for the highest levels of quality in every aspect of what we touch.

This was already posted as a separate thread.  The email went to everyone.

• Like 1

Got mine. I know it's stupid but I'm a little bit surprised it doesn't have a notification diode.

I was not aware this isn't a thing anymore 😞

And I couldn't set up cellular because my old sim card is to big to be cut to a nano sim.

• EskeRahn changed the title to Open discussion related to the progress in getting your Pro1X