Pro1X - Stock Android OS (Build Number: v2.1.2_20220707)

NEW Version of guide here

Below the original text:
(above inserted by EskeRahn)

If you're reading this, it seems like you miss the good old Android OS or you've accidentally fried your PrawnX already! 

Don't worry! We have your back.

The link below is the full build of the Pro1X stock Android OS (v2.1.2):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_sgQ64ef9Di9kJ63Y6WNqllGRgRFOjac?usp=sharing

We are still compiling/drafting a complete user manual for flashing your Pro1X, but hope this helps you out for now.

• Thanks 12
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NEW Version of guide here   Below the original text: (above inserted by EskeRahn)     If you're reading this, it seems like you miss the good old Android OS or you've acciden

F(x)tec will release flashing instruction using Qulcomms QFIL software on windows soon. The unofficial method to flash the provided EDL images that testers used on linux would be: Install EDL-T

My backup persist does have keys in it.  My persist flashed onto the device (for now) does have keys in it.  restorecon relabeled everything.  After a reboot, I still don't have attestation.  restored

Posted Images

(I adjusted the ROM-page, added link to this. Thanks! )

If you could pack it in a zip loadable by the Recovery Mode (like we have for Lineage and Aicp for the Pro1), it would be awesome. The numerous single operations we got for the Pro1 stock is a bit tedious.

• Thanks 2

Hi, would you please help me if you can. I was directed to your thread by support.

To clarify, during the course of installing another OS I got stuck in fastboot, I think, and no matter what I try I can't get out of it.

I tried to get a screen from the device however it didn't seem to work on the forum, so I've recreated the screen as best I can, hopefully you'll recognise the screen

I'm stuck on this screen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

START

Press volume key to select, and press power

key to select

Fastboot Mode

PRODUCT_NAME - bengal

VARIANT - SM_ UFS

BOOTLOADER VERSION -

BASEBAND VERSION -

SERIAL NUMBER - c67c49b

SECURE BOOT - no

DEVICE STATE - unlocked

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When you press the volume keys you are offered the following choices at the top:

START

Resart bootloader

Recovery mode

Power off

Boot to FFBM

Boot to QMMI

I have tried all of those options and lots of advice online, but the device always comes back to this screen. One piece of advice I got online was take the battery out. Can that be done? I couldn't figure it out

If you could help it would be most appreciated. I'm a linux user, but medium skilled one at best, some time ago I experienced some health problems that affected my concentration.

Thank you in advance

Edited by maridav
Image not working on this site
1 hour ago, therainingmonkey said:

While we wait for full instructions, does anyone have a quick summary of what to do with this file?

Yes a rough draft would do fine for now, it can always be 'polished' later. @Casey, could you help out here?
Just a list of the needed files in the correct order would be a great help.

1 hour ago, maridav said:

Hi, would you please help me if you can. I was directed to your thread by support.

What you see is commonly referred to as Bootloader mode. And from here you can add software with the fastboot command from a pc. Unfortunately we do not yet have a guide on what parts of the supplied file that should be loaded nor in what order.
The over all principle is that from the old Pro thread here. The newest version of the needed official adb/fastload software can be fetched here..

5 hours ago, maridav said:

Thank you EskeRahn, I will try that. I might have to attempt to get out of this screen through windows. I'll try all of this

If there is no OS it find as bootable, you'll need this bootloader screen to fastload a boot image, and EITHER fastload the rest too, OR boot into the recovery mode from the bootloader and "adb sideload" a zip file with the packed images (the zio is how e.g. LineageOS and AICP usually is flashed)

F(x)tec will release flashing instruction using Qulcomms QFIL software on windows soon.
The unofficial method to flash the provided EDL images that testers used on linux would be:

Install EDL-Tool by bkerler

https://github.com/bkerler/edl

Put Pro¹ X in EDL mode using

adb reboot edl

when you got adb available.
Else, Pro¹-X needs to be put in EDL mode manually. Hold power and vol + and vol - During boot and release all after android logo flashes up shortly and goes into a dark screen second. If it stays dark after you removed the combo, Prawn is in EDL mode.

If it is booting or showing fastboot, redo. I needed 5 tries first.

Check if the usb connected Pro¹ X is in EDL mode using

lsusb

, it should show:

Bus 003 Device 011: ID 05c6:9008 Qualcomm, Inc. Gobi Wireless Modem (QDL mode)

Then become root or do the following with sudo each:

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram_unsparse0.xml patch0.xml .

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram1.xml patch1.xml .

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram2.xml patch2.xml .

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram3.xml patch3.xml .

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram4.xml patch4.xml .

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf --memory=ufs qfil rawprogram5.xml patch5.xml .

If any of the commands get stuck, redo the finger combo and enter EDL again.

I did not need to do that since all went well with original cable and Pro¹ X not touched during flash.

reboot prawn with

edl --loader=prog_firehose_ddr.elf reset reboot

Please only follow this procedure if you are used to the command line.
Mind for instance the dots at the end of each flash command.
If you do not feel confident, wait for the official instructions using QFIL.

Edited by mosen
  • Thanks 5

I used this to reflash the phone after testing SailfishOS - but now the screen doesn't rotate and it's reporting only 8GB storage. Did I do something wrong?

Update: after rebooting into fastboot, and issuing `fastboot erase userdata`, the storage problem seems resolved. But still no rotation or any kind of detection when I slide open the keyboard.

Edited by sspiff
  • Sad 2
7 minutes ago, sspiff said:

I used this to reflash the phone after testing SailfishOS - but now the screen doesn't rotate and it's reporting only 8GB storage. Did I do something wrong?

I remember very early on on the Preproduction union of the Pro1, an explicit factory reset was needed after the flash, to report the correct amount of memory. Could that be similar?

Or it could be the lack of a backup/restore of the persist partition, mentioned in other threads that are making problems here too?

5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Or it could be the lack of a backup/restore of the persist partition, mentioned in other threads that are making problems here too?

Sounds interesting, I did not flash the persist partition manually (I've only flashed boot_a, system_a, userdata and recovery through flashboot IIRC).

I did run the EDL commands provided by @mosen above (on a Mac, if that matters), do those wipe the persist partition?

Like I edited above, resetting userdata from fastboot fixed my storage problem, but not the rotation.

42 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Or it could be the lack of a backup/restore of the persist partition, mentioned in other threads that are making problems here t

After reading more on this, it's starting to sound like I bricked some crucial functionality of a phone I ended up paying 800 euros for, and waited 2.5 years for, on day #1.

Is there any chance or recovering from this without case-by-case assistance from f(x)tec? (which seems very unlikely judging by their reputation online)

For me it started working again after I did "fastboot flash persist persist.img" (using the persist.img from the Archive posted above) (Edit: Don't try at home, it might do more harm than good. See the thread about landscape mode). I've read that does not restore all functionality, but on my Pro1X everything seems to work fine for now (i.e. Screen rotation, keyboard backlight etc. are back).

Edited by eBrnd
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sspiff said:

Is there any chance or recovering from this without case-by-case assistance from f(x)tec? (which seems very unlikely judging by their reputation online)

Oh they are very keen on helping BUT it is a small team, so just after release, the risk of a long queue is high, so I hope some more knowing users than me can come up with a clever workaround.

As the backup image is said to be only 32Mb it should be fairly easy to compare binary from two retail specimens (unless they are encrypted somehow). If identical between devices we can just share. If there is some serial like information in it, we will have to find out what shall be written, and then anyone (e.g. I) could make a small tool that can set the specimen specific info before restoring....

I got a non-retail late sample, took just 24h with FedEx sent from the UK BTW.., and is expecting to get my retail unit soon too - they said it has been processed as part of batch 1, but have not got a tracking number yet. So I guess it takes a while for Expansys/FedEx to get to Denmark in the queue....

If anyone ordered and got two units, it would be interesting if they could make two backups of their persist and compare them binary. (e.g. just a plain old dos: FC /b file1 file2) If the output is large forget it, if only a limited number of bytes, tell the positions

1 hour ago, eBrnd said:

For me it started working again after I did "fastboot flash persist persist.img" (using the persist.img from the Archive posted above) (Edit: Don't try at home, it might do more harm than good. See the thread about landscape mode). I've read that does not restore all functionality, but on my Pro1X everything seems to work fine for now (i.e. Screen rotation, keyboard backlight etc. are back).

So if I've already backed up my still-signed persist partition, I'm guessing I should be safe to flash the persist.img from the factory backup? Frankly, the screen rotation feature is a pretty important one to me, and if I can fix this all later with my existing backup, I'm more than happy to do it. 

@mosen@CaseyThanks for the guides, I am using edl from Linux as above.

After flashing, I still have the problem of no landscape and no backlight, also the main camera does not work - the camera app crashes (but selfie camera works).

I noticed a few errors in the output of the first command of the edl process:

firehose - [LIB]: INFO: Calling handler for read
firehose
firehose - [LIB]: ERROR: Failed to open the UFS Device slot 0 partition 6
firehose
firehose - [LIB]: ERROR: Failed to open the device:3 slot:0 partition:6 error:0
firehose
firehose - [LIB]: ERROR: OPEN handle NULL and no error, weird 203922748
firehose
firehose - [LIB]: ERROR: Failed to open device, type:UFS, slot:0, lun:6 error:3
firehose_client - [qfil] raw programming...

Is this an error which will make the overall edl process invalid? edl does not stop at these errors but continues with the flashing for about 30 minutes.

Any thoughts, please.

Edited by mattock
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, mattock said:

After flashing, I still have the problem of no landscape and no backlight, also the main camera does not work - the camera app crashes (but selfie camera works).

Looks like your persist.img broke. Did you backup your persist.img before flashing Linux? If not, then a simple fix to solve sensor issues would be to flash the stock persist.img (can be found inside the .tar.gz stock ROM) using:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flash persist <file_path>persist.img

As far as I understand, this method won't fix the lost attestation key problem, but it will fix gyroscope; accelerometer; proximity; and magnetometer issues that occur after flashing from a different OS.

Corrections from others are always welcome 🙂

• Thanks 2

Response 1:

Unfortunately my prawn is not allowing flash to the persist partition.

After the full restore using edl on Linux, fastboot will not flash persist (my backup or from stock image), reporting 'cannot find partition'.

I am guessing but somehow (or originally) the partition table must have been / become corrupted. I had presumed that the edl restore would correct this since it appears to write directly to the device. Is there any way to check the gpt and verify (and correct) it?

Response 2:

I tried the windows route, but Windows 11 will not install the driver, even in 'unsigned drivers' mode. The Qualcomm installer does not leave a raw '.inf' file anywhere to try to install manually. So I can't try a restore with the QFIL software! The device is recognised, but stays with an Error Triangle on it (viewing in device manager) and QFIL fails immediately when starting the download.

image.png.ac0504250646e90c71763dd14b226b42.png

Conclusion

I am sad.

Edited by mattock
3 minutes ago, mattock said:

Unfortunately my prawn is not allowing flash to the persist partition.

The persist partition is locked in fastboot mode. Rebooting into EDL mode and flashing it with the EDL python scripts does work (at least on Mac and Linux)

2 hours ago, mattock said:

Is this an error which will make the overall edl process invalid? edl does not stop at these errors but continues with the flashing for about 30 minutes.

I see some of these errors while flashing as well, does not seem to affect the process at all - I've checked a couple of those partitions and I can read them back and the checksums match those of the images I've flashed. I've restored to stock a couple of times over the past week and I've had these error messages from the start.

Edited by sspiff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1