Pro1x with SailfishOS

Sad to say but I am going to have to switch over to lineage or stock. After too many missed calls or unreceived texts from my SO, i am being request to fix the situation. and to not have to explain why the phone is worth a step down from my old note 20 ultra, i need the pro1-x to be more reliable (probably less bleeding edge) for a daily driver.

Edited by DillonM
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following @esialb's thread on Ubuntu Touch, here's one showing that SailfishOS works too: ——— Instructions: - First and foremost, backup your "persist" partition

Adam helped me to get Waydroid to work!   And shadow.tech works in Waydroid (no sound nor keyboard, though, so it's somewhat limited):   See how

Okay!  Got Debian Sid up and running in lxc, by fumbling my way through @matf's guide.  It works!  😄 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DillonM said:

Sad to say but I am going to have to switch over to lineage or stock. After too many missed calls or unreceived texts from my SO, i am being request to fix the situation. [...]

You've probably thought about this, but just in case:

The Pro1X has connection issues with LTE and GSM (calls). We do not know why, but we believe it is either: a problem in the hardware (yikes!) - or - a fault in the stock Android drivers and firmwares, which also SFOS is using. The latter (if existing) might be fixed in a future OTA from F(x)tec (that, eventually, also SFOS would pick up, I guess), but we do not know for sure.

There are many (many!) people reporting missed calls and general mobile connection issues in, both, stock Android and Lineage. I'm one of them, as you might have guessed.

I'm sorry for not being able to provide a solution to your problem. Just be warned that ditching your SailfishOS might not actually change anything to your troubles ...

Edited by claude0001
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi kif,

4.5.0.18 is ready at least for the Pro1X. Not sure about x.19?

@piggz posted the following instructions on telegram:

step 1, edit this file as such

[defaultuser@Pro1-X ~]$ cat /usr/share/ssu/features.d/adaptation-community.ini

[adaptation-community]

repos = adaptation-community

pattern = Feature community adaptation

description = Enable ssu for community ports

[repositories]

adaptation-community = https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/fxtec:/halium-qx1050:/%(release)/sailfish_%(release)_%(arch)

adaptation-community-kernel = https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/fxtec:/halium-qx1050:/%(release)/sailfish_%(release)_i486

step 2 edit this file

[root@Pro1-X defaultuser]# cat /usr/share/ssu/features.d/adaptation-halum.ini

[adaptation-community]

repos = adaptation-halium

pattern = Feature halum adaptation

description = Enable ssu for community ports based on halium

[repositories]

adaptation-halium = https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/halium:/11:/%(release)/sailfish_%(release)_%(arch)

then

ssu re 4.5.0.18

ssu ur

zypper ref

zypper in community-adaptation-testing

zypper dup

Hope this helps,

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

does someone know, how to change the wifi regulatory domain? The iw reg set doesn't seem to help, I still miss two wifi channels, which worked with stock android. I guess it may have sometning to do with the ueventd reporing this:

[11858.906940] ueventd: firmware: could not find firmware for regulatory.db
[11858.907011] ueventd: firmware: attempted /etc/firmware/regulatory.db, open failed: No such file or directory
[11858.907071] ueventd: firmware: attempted /odm/firmware/regulatory.db, open failed: No such file or directory
[11858.907130] ueventd: firmware: attempted /vendor/firmware/regulatory.db, open failed: No such file or directory
[11858.907196] ueventd: firmware: attempted /firmware/image/regulatory.db, open failed: No such file or directory
[11858.907412] ueventd: firmware: attempted /vendor/firmware_mnt/image/regulatory.db, open failed: No such file or directory
[11858.907719] ueventd: loading /devices/platform/regulatory.0/firmware/regulatory.db took 2ms

when I try to do iw reg reload. Any idea?

Hi,

I tried to do some analysis of the waydroid crashes and I've found this:

1) when waydroid is terminated, most probably the kernel panics

2) the phone reboots as it should, but enters the edl mode

3) I cannot get from the edl mode in any other way than hardreboot (holding the power button long enough), edl reset doesn't work. I've even tried different --resetmode values.

4) most probably as a reason for 2) and 3) the /proc/last_kmsg is empty after the reboot

5) if I try to force the panic in recovery mode in userdebug recovery from fxtec, the behavior is the same, so this probably has nothing to do with SFOS

Anyone knows anything about this? The /proc/last_kmsg would be very usefull for debugging the waydroid crash.

A little update:

1) the after panic reboot to edl seems to be by design this way. Why edl reset doesn't work is still unclear to me.

2) the empty /proc/last_kmsg is probably because there is no PSTORE, hopefully PSTORE_RAM will work otherwise I'll have to learn how to get the information from the edl.

I am going to learn how to compile the kernel for this thing:)

Hi,

after many tries I was finally able to bypass the edl panic reboot and enable th psram console. If you are interested in details, let me know, but right now I am not even sure which of my changes are necessary for this. Anyway I have the panic log from the waydroid crash, see the attached file. And now debug what is happenning...

waydroid_crash.log

• Like 1

I`ve found solution for the waydroid crashes - https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/ChangeLog-5.4.28 specifically the commit https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/ChangeLog-5.4.28. It is a one line change and it works. I'll provide more soon, but now I am busy with other things. I wanted to share at least the experimental boot image, but I can attach max 2MB files. Any suggestion for a sharing platform?

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, pAn said:

I`ve found solution for the waydroid crashes - https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/ChangeLog-5.4.28 specifically the commit https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/ChangeLog-5.4.28. It is a one line change and it works. I'll provide more soon, but now I am busy with other things. I wanted to share at least the experimental boot image, but I can attach max 2MB files. Any suggestion for a sharing platform?

if you point me to the patch i can add it to the devel: version

The waydroid crash should be fixed by this:

diff --git a/drivers/android/binderfs.c b/drivers/android/binderfs.c
index 14a4bef358cd..3fd7cf48c39e 100644
--- a/drivers/android/binderfs.c
+++ b/drivers/android/binderfs.c
@@ -448,6 +448,7 @@ static int binderfs_binder_ctl_create(struct super_block *sb)
        inode->i_uid = info->root_uid;
        inode->i_gid = info->root_gid;

+       refcount_set(&device->ref, 1);
        device->binderfs_inode = inode;
        device->miscdev.minor = minor;

The edl reboot and pstore console is more complicated and I need to clarify what is really needed.

• Like 3

i just tried to flash the sailfish rom - pro1x phone is stuck in the power by android screen/boot. i was going to try to download the other artifac zip file from ubuntu touch from the beginning of this forum - but the link doesn't work. is there a way to fix the boot process to boot into the sailfish os i have flashed to it?! i did used the flash.sh to do that. but didn't seem to work at all.

I believe it no longer is necessary (or even recommended) to use the boot partition from Ubuntu Touch with latest SFOS builds. Have you tried using just the SFOS zip and the script in it? Please confirm so that I can adjust the instructions in the first post accordingly.

On 5/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, piggz said:

No problem. BTW this has been in the UT kernel repository since March, just the linux submodule in SFOS one is pointing to an old commit. I noticed after solving on my own 🙂

I have attached 3 patches, but I am not completely sure if they should be integrated into official build, they are useful mostly for debugging. They disable the panic reboot into EDL and enable the ramoops pstore, so the panic log can be found after reboot in /sys/fs/pstore. I chose the address for the storage from one the segments marked as System RAM in /proc/iomem. I am not sure if it is a good choice, but it works 🙂

003-disable_wd-enable_pstore.patch 002-disable_download_mode.patch 001-ramoops.patch

On 5/17/2023 at 3:56 PM, matf-kabouik said:

I believe it no longer is necessary (or even recommended) to use the boot partition from Ubuntu Touch with latest SFOS builds. Have you tried using just the SFOS zip and the script in it? Please confirm so that I can adjust the instructions in the first post accordingly.

i used the install script, no errors when running it - after reboot it just hangs at powered by android.

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2023 at 10:01 PM, Justin said:

Hi kif,

4.5.0.18 is ready at least for the Pro1X. Not sure about x.19?

@piggz posted the following instructions on telegram:

step 1, edit this file as such

[defaultuser@Pro1-X ~]$ cat /usr/share/ssu/features.d/adaptation-community.ini

[adaptation-community]

repos = adaptation-community

pattern = Feature community adaptation

description = Enable ssu for community ports

[repositories]

adaptation-community = https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/fxtec:/halium-qx1050:/%(release)/sailfish_%(release)_%(arch)

adaptation-community-kernel = https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/fxtec:/halium-qx1050:/%(release)/sailfish_%(release)_i486

step 2 edit this file

[root@Pro1-X defaultuser]# cat /usr/share/ssu/features.d/adaptation-halum.ini

[adaptation-community]

repos = adaptation-halium

pattern = Feature halum adaptation

description = Enable ssu for community ports based on halium

[repositories]

adaptation-halium = https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/halium:/11:/%(release)/sailfish_%(release)_%(arch)

then

ssu re 4.5.0.18

ssu ur

zypper ref

zypper in community-adaptation-testing

zypper dup

Hope this helps,

After upgrading the phone in the suggested way I no longer can use the camera application. Now it says "Illegal instruction" when I try to start it from the console.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I must agree 😪

After upgrading, the camera and volume up and down stopped working.

Additionally, it is impossible to pause playback of sound or video, the gui stops updating the position, but the playback continues anyway, until the app is closed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After I had my pro1X for one year now trying around a bit, trying to get waydroid to run, ... last week I decided to use it finally as a daily driver (even so I didn't mange to get waydroid tor run, plan was to use my old Sony Xperia XA2 for android apps via hotspot of the pro1X). I made an update as described above. Luckily I didn't see the problems, kif described, but some other really annoying problems:

Gallery doesn't work anymore. After taking very long for startup, it sometimes crashes and sometimes shows empty folders for pictures, videos and screen shots (shock). But luckily the pictures are still on the file system. Emptying the media database through help programs doesn't help.

In the camera application I see the old photos, but as soon as I want to get detailed information through the "i" button in the upper left corner, the camera app crashes.

GPS sensor doesn't work anymore.

Network is nearly not working. For some applications (weather, pure maps) it works, but not for the browser. Also using the pro1X as a hotspot, providing mobile data to others doesn't work.

Any Ideas, how I could get things to work again? Especially network?

• Sad 1
On 10/20/2023 at 11:53 AM, thilo said:

Any Ideas, how I could get things to work again? Especially network?

I made a fresh install from the newest artifacts.zip and now it works again and is already sailfishos version 4.5.0.18. But still I can not start waydroid. It hangs during starting showing an endless turning waydroid icon. I followed the detailed description from github here. The only thing I didn't do, was flushing Adams 1.6.1 kernel. First I don't know, where to download it, second I don't know, whether it is already installed. So my questions: how can I check the actual android kernel? And if necessary, where can I download the 1.6.1 version of it? How can I install the new (sailfish?) kernel, which is mentioned above by piggz on May 14 (without breaking my system again)?