Pro1 X arrived but does not boot?

Hello

My Pro1X arrived but i have a problem

it doesnt boot. its on charging cable now since 1hour

but i get really nervous about it.

when i plug the cable in, the red notification light is blinking one time and then nothing

no light. screen black. and i can click and hold any button, nothing happens

how long i have to charge before the phone starts?

is this an issue or is it normal? like a really long first charging time?

• Sad 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry for the delays. I have your device with me and it is fixed already. The reason we ask to keep it for longer is to help our developers debug the issue so it doesn't happen again. We're working wi

Found it. The problem is if you only take the first part here: If you go in by the "Enter fastboot" this way will give exactly the reported FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in defau

From what others wrote, out-of-the-box, the Pro1X is not configured for charging in powered-off state (was the same for the Pro1). So keeping it connected to the charger will not fix anything if the b

Posted Images

My phone arrived with around 70% battery.  It's bad for lithium batteries to leave them empty, so it's very unlikely yours shipped with a dead battery.

I know you said you've tried all the buttons, but just to clarify, the power button is on the right side, in between the volume rocker and the fingerprint sensor.

Normally you should not need to hold the power button down for very long before you feel a vibration and the screen comes on with the "powered by android" splash.  However, under some circumstances, usually related to getting the machine into odd states during flashing processes, I've seen that the power button needs to be held for quite a long time before the phone wakes up.  Do try holding the button for 30 seconds or so.  You won't harm anything in trying.

If that doesn't do anything, you could also try holding the volume down button at the same time as the power button, again giving it a good amount of time, which should cause the phone to boot into recovery mode.

Let's see what happens when you try these things.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

not recovery but the fastboot mode. (From where recovery can be selected among others). You will see a menu.

If I'm not confused in my own use of terminology, the "dead android" screen reached with volume down+power is recovery.  From there, volume up+power will produce a menu, and fastboot can be selected from there.  But please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:  You've added the image.  That's not the screen you get on the Pro1-X (release version at least) with volume down+power.  Volume down+power (on mine at least) produces this screen:

Dead-android-screen2.jpg.756f7012b3dc9ad85c4dfd2ed34dfd93.jpg

Anyway, not really relevant to this thread.  We'll be happy if Spargeltim gets anything at all!

Edited by ducksoup
3 minutes ago, ducksoup said:

If I'm not confused in my own use of terminology, the "dead android" screen reached with volume down+power is recovery.  From there, volume up+power will produce a menu, and fastboot can be selected from there.  But please do correct me if I'm wrong.

If not connected and you hold volume down and power you will get the bootloader menu (that accepts fastboot commands from a pc if connected), One of the entries in this menu (cycle with volume up/down to see in the top line) is Recovery. Booting into Recovery gives you a new menu from where you among other things can wipe the userdata and sideload (with the adb sideload command on a pc)

47 minutes ago, Spargeltim said:

its on charging cable now since 1hour

From what others wrote, out-of-the-box, the Pro1X is not configured for charging in powered-off state (was the same for the Pro1). So keeping it connected to the charger will not fix anything if the battery is completely depleted.

The phone should ship with a half-charged battery and ready for action. I think you should contact support.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, claude0001 said:

From what others wrote, out-of-the-box, the Pro1X is not configured for charging in powered-off state (was the same for the Pro1). So keeping it connected to the charger will not fix anything if the battery is completely depleted.

The phone should ship with a half-charged battery and ready for action. I think you should contact support.

I agree. One last thing could be to try to hold power and volume down pressed while connected to powered, as this should make it boot into the bootloader menu, that is more likely to work than a full boot, IF it is the battery that is depleted, and not something more severe that has gone awry.

ADD: It is a silly default, that it is NOT set to charge, but boot when power is applied in power off state.
I will STRONGLY suggest anyone to do this:

• adb reboot bootloader
    Wait for the boatloader menu
  • fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1
  • fastboot reboot

(the adb/fastboot package for Windows can be fetched from the official link: here)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Booting - can get adb, but no fastboot!

Pro1X arrived Wednesday. Today I got around to investigating the options for UBPorts - since that 's what I ordered even though it came with Android - and Fastboot Mode does not seem to connect.

I'm using the supplied lead, and a windows 11 machine, with the latest platform-tools from google, at the command line.

ADB works when booted into android, and when in the recovery mode.

Either direct from power on, or using 'adb reboot bootloader', I get no fastboot connection.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2 minutes ago, mattock said:

Either direct from power on, or using 'adb reboot bootloader', I get no fastboot connection.

Although not with this device, I have seen this exact thing happen when a device for some reason didn't like my USB3/TB4 port in fastboot mode.  (Yet it was fine in adb, go figure.)

I resolved the problem by plugging the device in question into one of my keyboard USB ports, which are plain old USB 2.0.

That being said, the Pro1-X has no trouble with my USB3/TB4 ports, so this may be a red herring.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mattock said:

I'm going through the torture of updating windows fastboot drivers, as I discovered the generic google driver is not working with the Pro1X.

Presume I'm looking for a qualcomm usb driver of some sort...

Ah okay, can't help you much there.  I'm only using macOS and Linux here, and both have worked without needing drivers.

Perhaps you should start a new thread if you don't solve your problem quickly, since this isn't on topic to Spargeltim's non-booting device.

56 minutes ago, mattock said:

Booting - can get adb, but no fastboot!

Pro1X arrived Wednesday. Today I got around to investigating the options for UBPorts - since that 's what I ordered even though it came with Android - and Fastboot Mode does not seem to connect.

I'm using the supplied lead, and a windows 11 machine, with the latest platform-tools from google, at the command line.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have seen the same for the Pro1.
Fastboot is a LOT more picky on the connection.
Often a USB2 works better than USB3 (!) So in general I suggest to try various cables and various ports on the device. If that does not work, try with a hub
I was completely unable to connect using my Lenovo Yoga X1 gen 6 20XY but using a port of the front of their ThunderBolt4 'docking', it works like a charm, (even with a cable with a magnetic connector)

And on top of that the driver can bee an issue too.... See also this thread

Hello, 

I just got my new Pro1-x today.

I cannot switch it on. Pressing the power button does not switch it on, also holding it for a while. 

Connecting the phone to any charger just makes the red indicatorligt blink once. Afterwards the phone stays black. 

Are there any ideas on how to get ist working or should I just send it back?

Kind regard

David

• Sad 1

It sound like a depleted battery, and the (silly) default of booting on charging.

We have another thread in here with one that had exactly the same, I'm not sure he found a fix.

For anyone else i STRONGLy suggest to do the following from a pc connected (boots the phone, but does not clear things)

adb reboot bootloader
Wait for boot to bootloader to finish (or do manually holding VolDown+Power)
fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1

There is this silly default that powering the phone turns it on, and if the battery is depleted, it does not have enough power to do the boot...

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

It sound like a depleted battery, and the (silly) default of booting on charging.

We have another thread in here with one that had exactly the same, I'm not sure he found a fix.

For anyone else i STRONGLy suggest to do the following from a pc connected (boots the phone, but does not clear things)

adb reboot bootloader

There is this silly default that powering the phone turns it on, and if the battery is depleted, it does not have enough power to do the boot...

I wanted to do it on mine but that didn't work, an extra command is required when in bootloader mode:

fastboot oem enable-charger-screen

(Thanks Tadi.)

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, matf-kabouik said:

I wanted to do it on mine but that didn't work, an extra command is required when in bootloader mode:

(Thanks Tadi.)

Interesting - I have applied only the latter but it seems to work... it displays a battery on boot and charges.

2 hours ago, matf-kabouik said:

(Thanks Tadi.)

Thanks, Could it be a problem to request it to display anything, if it is fully depleted?
I mean as the logic is so dumb that it does not have a lower limit for attempting a boot, most likely there isn't one for displaying either, so could also be problematic.
...I would not dare to try it...

• Like 1

For me with SFOS, the first command was necessary, or the second would have no effect at all (device would boot when plugged_. On another device with Droidian, even using the two commands had no effect, so perhaps it's OS-related, in which case I suppose Android only requires the second? I don't think the first one hurts anyway, so it might be a good idea to advise it if some OSes need it.

Also, I got that from Tadi who has absolutely all my trust. 😮 After asking why the second command didn't work for me, he immediately replied that another one was missing. I didn't think about it much further.

Edited by matf-kabouik
  • Thanks 1
On 8/18/2022 at 6:31 PM, EskeRahn said:

adb reboot bootloader

I prefer to specify in a way you can just copy & paste:

adb reboot bootloader && \
fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1 && \
fastboot reboot

fastboot waits for the phone to be available, so no need for the user to wait. I just tested and the code above works assuming adb and fastboot are installed

• Like 1