Droidian released for Pro1 and Pro1-X

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw today that both Pros are supported in the current release of Droidian https://github.com/droidian-images/droidian/releases/tag/droidian%2Fbookworm%2F24   AFAIK we should use the fastboo

Hi, Eugenio from Droidian here: Did you happen to run a dist-upgrade via the command line before doing that? Unfortunately there is an ongoing GNOME migration in Debian testing that required re

I received a blue Pro1x today and was planning on flashing it on it tonight, but got a bit sidetracked with LXC containers in SFOS. I have Droidian on a Pro1 and it's really nice and flexible, the mai

Posted Images

12 hours ago, mangled said:

Hi,

Anyone using this as a daily driver on pro1x? Is the camera and GPS working OK? 

The GPS works about as well as it does in Android/Lineage and I find Pure Maps to be a reasonable navigation app as long as you pitch in on OpenStreetMaps. The camera, however, doesn't work out of the box. After installing `pinhole` the camera works but is NOT full-featured. The experience outside of the camera (and broken convergence) is smoother than on my Librem 5, but it's certainly not fully polished.

On 7/25/2023 at 9:59 PM, steeb said:

The GPS works about as well as it does in Android/Lineage and I find Pure Maps to be a reasonable navigation app as long as you pitch in on OpenStreetMaps. The camera, however, doesn't work out of the box. After installing `pinhole` the camera works but is NOT full-featured. The experience outside of the camera (and broken convergence) is smoother than on my Librem 5, but it's certainly not fully polished.

There's been tweets about megapixel app working with some android devices on post market os. I'm curiouse if it would work on this device.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!

I Installed it last weekend, the latest verion i have found, from: api30-arm64-next_20240823.zip

I have some fundamental problems with it:

I did not mange to set my network connection APN or even the time:

I can enter the values in the GUI, but there is now button that sayes: OK or Save, even the Back-Button does not work...

The phone is responsing and working, there is just now way to save the settings...

Any idea how this works?

Thanks

Ralph

On 10/31/2023 at 5:25 PM, mangled said:

I would like to make the switch to Droidian though the camera is a huge factor for me. Is there anyone here that can confirm if camera works. Is it possible to record video? If not through the OS, can you record or use camera through waydroid?

Camera is working, but if I take a picture, nothing happends, the button just changes the colour to grey. The picture is not saved anywhere... Same with the video mode

Edited by ralpholzer
spelling
23 hours ago, mangled said:

Have you tried to extend partition?

No.

Should I ?

If yes how and which partiton?

There are 3 mountpoints that are shown as 100% usage:

/android

/dev/mapper/dynpart-system_ext_a

/dev/mapper/dynpart-product_a

All other have planty of space.

4 hours ago, ralpholzer said:

No.

Should I ?

If yes how and which partiton?

There are 3 mountpoints that are shown as 100% usage:

/android

/dev/mapper/dynpart-system_ext_a

/dev/mapper/dynpart-product_a

All other have planty of space.

I found a quick troubleshoot. Is your userdata ext4? If not you need to format it.

• fastboot format:ext4 userdata

https://github.com/droidian-images/droidian

Someone in the past had an issue with partitions as well and confirmed reflashing them in fastboot had fixed it. You will lose your data.

Edited by mangled
14 hours ago, mangled said:

Someone in the past had an issue with partitions as well and confirmed reflashing them in fastboot had fixed it. You will lose your data.

I do not have any data to lose, but his problem was:

"If the image does not boot and your userdata is not an ext4 partition, you might try formatting it."

I have many ext4 partitions

the firmware and some android vendor partitions are  vfat

and mountpoints with fuse and tracefs

So its not in any way related, it will not bring back any missing buttons.

At the moment Doridian is not useable in any way,

• no Mobile Internet connection, missing buttons
  • wrong time, missing buttons
  • Cam does not save pictures
  • Firefox is crashing at startup
  • no updates for any packets even if you fix the EXPKEYSIG-Problem (many broken packages)

I have no idea why it was listed under supported in the last FXTEC Newsletter.

Working:

Shell, keyboard and Wifi

Edited by ralpholzer
  • Thanks 1