Pro1X doesn't always charge

My new Pro2X had a problem on that it doesn't always charge at night. Over the past four nights it failed to charge on two of them until i rebooted (and the second time in didn't spot until the morning when it has died).

I used the supplied charger and other ones, tested with other phones which charged. Any advice?

• Thanks 1

...But as e.g. Nokia did a workaround for their device, it is a bug that can be circumvented. I do not know if the details of this fix is open, so it is 'just' a matter of FxTec implementing it in an OTA update, or they will have to 'reinvent the wheel' here...

It is NOT a fix that is so common/open that it is part of e.g. Lineage 18 or 19 for the Pro1 that see the same issue (That was not there for Lineage 16, nor stock 9).

It might be interesting to see if that non-charging state of the Pro1X is displayed as 'not charging' instead of 'discharging' in AccA (which would need a rooted device with ACC/AccA installed, which I haven't done yet as I seem to get along quite well with unrooted stock), too, as it used to be with the Pro1.

As of now, I haven't experienced charging issues on the Pro1X myself.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1

Interesting, thanks I hadn't realised that such a bug would be an Android wide problem. I was on Android 9 before this. It's crazy that such a major issue hasn't been fixed by Android yet.

Did have me worried that I'd have to part with my new phone if I couldn't rely on it charging but it seems that others are also affected.

Edited by phoebus2000
  • Like 1
On 8/28/2022 at 9:19 PM, phoebus2000 said:

Interesting, thanks I hadn't realised that such a bug would be an Android wide problem. I was on Android 9 before this. It's crazy that such a major issue hasn't been fixed by Android yet.

Did have me worried that I'd have to part with my new phone if I couldn't rely on it charging but it seems that others are also affected.

My OG Pro 1 does it too (still on Android 9 lmao, I am so lazy..). Thought I just had a dying charging port but it has been like that since day 1, it charges fine 95% of the time despite me giving it heavy abuse these past 2 years.

4 hours ago, Tsunero said:

My OG Pro 1 does it too (still on Android 9 lmao, I am so lazy..). Thought I just had a dying charging port but it has been like that since day 1, it charges fine 95% of the time despite me giving it heavy abuse these past 2 years.

Interesting. Just to be sure: Is it completely ignoring the attached charger, or powering the device without charging the battery? (that is, is the battery indicator more or less stable or dropping as if unplugged in this state?) If ignoring completely, you could have a defect on port/cable/charger or merely some pocketlint in the port

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Interesting. Just to be sure: Is it completely ignoring the attached charger, or powering the device without charging the battery? (that is, is the battery indicator more or less stable or dropping as if unplugged in this state?) If ignoring completely, you could have a defect on port/cable/charger or merely some pocketlint in the port

The indicator light is on but it just doesn't charge sometimes. A couple tries fixes it. (but yeah it's possible I got some gunk in there as well)

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Tsunero said:

The indicator light is on but it just doesn't charge sometimes. A couple tries fixes it. (but yeah it's possible I got some gunk in there as well)

Sound like something similar, but different. It is the first time i heard of it on 9, s[ I think it is hardware not software. With a little luck mere dirt.
I would try to take a magnifying glass and look into the port, if nothing visible, try another cable

23 hours ago, Tsunero said:

same issue here - need then to re-attach the charger cable.  i usually check now on the screen if the percent power left is increasing after a minute or so of charging...

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have this problem sometimes but I think it's caused by ACC. It appears like there's some bugs in the custom android kernel which doesn't like when some of the settings inside /sys are used. I'm still probing because this only happens to me many hours after I start charging.

However, if you have root permissions, this script works well for me:

echo 1 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/input_current_limited
echo 0 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/input_suspend
echo 2 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_control_limit

I appear to only need it if I have the phone connected to the PC for charging (how I usually charge). I haven't had issues when connected to the wall charger.

@Adrienspawn If you have rooted (or can adb root) see if that script solves. Otherwise, the issue is something different than me. Ofc, this is still sth that needs to be fixed in the kernel.

Edited by brunoais
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/22/2023 at 7:17 AM, brunoais said:

I have this problem sometimes but I think it's caused by ACC. It appears like there's some bugs in the custom android kernel which doesn't like when some of the settings inside /sys are used. I'm still probing because this only happens to me many hours after I start charging.

However, if you have root permissions, this script works well for me:

echo 1 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/input_current_limited
echo 0 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/input_suspend
echo 2 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_control_limit

I appear to only need it if I have the phone connected to the PC for charging (how I usually charge). I haven't had issues when connected to the wall charger.

@Adrienspawn If you have rooted (or can adb root) see if that script solves. Otherwise, the issue is something different than me. Ofc, this is still sth that needs to be fixed in the kernel.

Looks like I keep losing Magisk/root every time I update Lineage using their automated updater, but once I figure out how to do it smoothly I'll try it thanks.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Adrienspawn said:

Looks like I keep losing Magisk/root every time I update Lineage using their automated updater, but once I figure out how to do it smoothly I'll try it thanks.

I believe you have to flash Magisk as a zip in recovery the first time and then set it up in Magisk Manager in order for root to survive OTAs. If that's what you did, then I don't know.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 10:18 AM, Hook said:

I believe you have to flash Magisk as a zip in recovery the first time and then set it up in Magisk Manager in order for root to survive OTAs. If that's what you did, then I don't know.

Turns out I just needed to install the OTA but before rebooting, click 'install to slot' in Magisk Manager. That way it manages to dodge the reset and reinsert itself during the reboot. Neat. I'm old.

14 minutes ago, Adrienspawn said:

Turns out I just needed to install the OTA but before rebooting, click 'install to slot' in Magisk Manager. That way it manages to dodge the reset and reinsert itself during the reboot. Neat. I'm old.

I'm 70.  Does that count as old? 😉

• 1 month later...

I sent my Pro1X back and it they made some changes but I still can't get it to charge from a low-voltage adaptor, which is frustrating. It charges for a minute or two and that's it. This problem is when connected to a wall charger, not a PC/Mac connection.

• Sad 2