Keyboard print layouts and functionality

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes I definitely will use that button 🙂

Starting off, I know FR still uses mostly the AZERTY keyboard but who knows if they like this? I'm a Portuguese person who found out about this phone only yesterday. I'm very interested in it and

This is a very interesting suggestion. If the Chinese layout proved to be in a high demand, we would certainly consider it.   In the future perhaps if we can make user to do custom mapping, maybe we

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I never really uses the short cuts except by accident. But the idea is nice, and hopefully the user can customize them as they please.

I'm not sure about Android but on Ios to my surprise some programs correctly reacts to Ctrl-short cuts like Ctrl-Z, as well as C,V,X,...

So that kind of 'short cuts' I hope will be supported too.

:)

Just a thought that might work. a 'macro' like shortcut that could send a series of key strokes.

It is possible in Android, I know that e.g. "Android Assistant" and "Greenify" does that to 'kill' a program (opens settings and 'presses' stop). Other use the same idea. It is the "Accessibility" interface.

Imagine the users has a program where they always start by selecting a particular tab or function...

In an advanced version AND integrated with fingerprint authentication, it could even send passwords to program login for programs not supporting fingerprint authentication. Of course this will require the user to trust that the keystrokes are saved in a secure and encrypted way...

---

Shortcuts to navigate in a music player even if not currently on top could be nice too (std: stop/start/skip et cetera)

to this from the above

So I’d always take another symbol key over a shortcut.

I'm totally with you on that, dicer :)

On my old keyboard case for the Iphone 6- I loved that there were keys for a range of combinations of shift keys. I even made a small table I had on the device, to find the more odd ones, I did not remember.by heart.

Ip6- keyboard case symbols

And I would have loved easy access to even more. - The most common emojis too.

Personally I would love to see multiple keymaps like the above added for every key on the keyboard (including spacebar, arrow keys, etc), just have them set to default keys upon launch, but then let users modify the keymaps to whatever they want.

This would let users specify whatever key combinations they want, non-english layouts, unimplemented custom keys (like home/end/pgup/pgdn/insert), etc.

Personally I would love to see multiple keymaps like the above added for every key on the keyboard (including spacebar, arrow keys, etc), just have them set to default keys upon launch, but then let users modify the keymaps to whatever they want.

This would let users specify whatever key combinations they want, non-english layouts, unimplemented custom keys (like home/end/pgup/pgdn/insert), etc.

Sounds great to me lameboyadvance, and especially if the key-mapings could be saved in a way, so us nerds could share them with less tech savy users.

I'm a plumber by trade in the U.S., and in my line of work I am constanly typing fractions. Anything to to make that easier would be great. Any possible way to save fractions? So I know the shortcut on ASOP keyboard, long press 2 for instance, 1/2, etc. Comes up. But there are not many fractions available for this shortcut. The ability to add and save fractions on a shortcut would be great. The availability of plug-ins for different types of typing would be nice, say one for programing, one for actual typing ( spellchecker, a small office package, fonts, headers, maybe?), one for trades with expanded fractions :). Just my thoughts

I'm not sure if I get your idea completely Phoenix. Do you want it limited to the fractions represented by one character (that can be hard to get to) like "¾" or as a sequence of strokes like "5/16" ?

To my knowledge the only predefined fractions in unicode are these seven+two ⅛ ¼ ⅜ ½ ⅝ ¾ ⅞ and ⅓ ⅔

In the HTC Desire Z I love the ability to write for ex. "a" and then press FN+space to have it with the standard accent "à".

Very easy and speedy compare to standard ASOP keyboard long press. Of course, if I need more type of accent need to long press the key.

Hi !

I just have a little question : Will it be possible in the future to have some specific keyboard, or at least a sort of cover to change the letter ?

QWERTY is good, but for non english, it would be better to or to do the modification to have a country cultural based keyboard (like Cyrillic, Azerty etc.)

Thanks for reading ! :-)

zernag,

Keyboard variations are planned, but most likely not with the first batch produced. but will be possible to change the keymapping, so you can change what the keys output (press Y but Z is recognized for example), so if you're typing blind you won't notice a difference. There are 3rd party apps to change these settings if they are not included in the original settings.

Oh I certainly hope they will NOT make the right-shift of A-Z on the Scandinavian layout, and thus have æøå/äöå on native keys next to P and L

The right-shift could by fine for the US layout, but not for international ones with national letters.

Personally I would prefer a US layout without the right shift, so letters and digits are aligned as standard, but that is of course a matter of taste whether the centring is more or less important than standard relative positions of letters&digits.

I would start with something like this mock up for a general international keyboard. It could even be WITHOUT print on the last keys, to keep cost down so the same could be used for a variety of nations.

international mock up