Ah. Yeah, I just confirmed: it does look better @ 150%. But the “ideal line” still goes down with at least the y and the u. Isn’t there a way to just change the CSS to use a more standard font?

If you use Firefox you could use that one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/. I think it also exists for chrome based browsers. Then you could write custom css for the site. I did not a lot needed, other font and a dam background so it has some contrast.

Ah. Yeah, I just confirmed: it does look better @ 150%. But the “ideal line” still goes down with at least the y and the u. Isn’t there a way to just change the CSS to use a more standard font?

If you use Firefox you could use that one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/. I think it also exists for chrome based browsers. Then you could write custom css for the site. I did not a lot needed, other font and a dam background so it has some contrast.

Could be worth a try, but seems rather silly to have to tweak the client side for readability IHMO

Well, I didn´t want to comment on this site, but.. I have to. I aggree that readibility fell down and some few other points are worse, but.. On the other side, I can also find some advantages. For example the lowered contrast means we have to read more concentrated, that means slower and in conclusion we will rememrer more of the text. Same with the letters. Sure, sometimes you have to read twice, but on the other hand.. You will remember it and that is KEY :-) I know these are silly ideas, but.. Isn´t it useles, when the forum IS of course IMPORTANT, but not the point of the day. Our point is the phone, so keep calm, breeth deeply and wait for the phone. That is KEY. Not the design of this forum.. Just imagine they are superbusy these days and I am sure they will hear our willings, but they are not number one on the list. When you look at that with different eyes, change of the forum could possibly prolong phone delivery because someone, who should make progress with address for delivery stickers had to play with font on our forum. I dont wanna discourage meaning of this thread, but just wanna point up what is most important for this month. In my eyes, someone should start countdown, instead of trying to fix what works. Not perfectly, but somehow and not bad. :) We should write our comments in the list what we would like to change in the future and lets see, what will happen.

For example:

1) text font is not ideal to use at the forum

2) Please change the colour of the font and/or bacground, it is not redible very well

3) ....

4) feel free to help me :-)

P.S. I though I´ve seen some help how to edit the comment, but.. Cannot find it out. Any help?

P.S. I though I´ve seen some help how to edit the comment, but.. Cannot find it out. Any help?

I could be related to the moderation that they are 'locked', but not sure. Before that I believe people were allowed to edit for a limited period.

[Rant]

And I certainly agree that the fonts are not at all important in this forum, from my perspective it was a more general rant as these crazy designs appear all over the net. I think it is related to the plaque of "material design", that would have made sense on 16 colour CGA displays decades back, but are just outright stupid today, I simply can not find a single benefit. Well except that the informationless displays might allow screenshots to be compressed harder.... What is the point in NOT using that we got great colour depths? What is the point in making degenerated simplified icons beyond where you can see what it is but have to guess/remember (e.g. the sad Cyclop of MS) ? What is the point of diminutive to non-existing borders, and areas with almost identical colours? And why on earth kill the great vision helper of shadows?

We are NOT producing images for OCR, but for HUMANS, and over aeons our eyes are optimised for the 3D real world with light and shadows and not monochrome 2D, so why stop making things look real?? I hope that the mad men that allowed this material design nightmare would get replaced, and allow for some serious designers to make something useful for the benefit of literally everyone.

[/Rant]

I could be related to the moderation that they are ‘locked’, but not sure. Before that I believe people were allowed to edit for a limited period.

It is still a limited time period. But most of the time the moderation takes longer than that time period. If you are lucky and eske instantly allows your comment, you actually can correct the embarrassing spelling errors. But your edit has to be moderated again.

Well, I didn´t want to comment on this site, but.. I have to. I aggree that readibility fell down and some few other points are worse, but.. On the other side, I can also find some advantages. For example the lowered contrast means we have to read more concentrated, that means slower and in conclusion we will rememrer more of the text. Same with the letters. Sure, sometimes you have to read twice, but on the other hand.. You will remember it and that is KEY :-) I know these are silly ideas, but.. Isn´t it useles, when the forum IS of course IMPORTANT, but not the point of the day. Our point is the phone, so keep calm, breeth deeply and wait for the phone. That is KEY. Not the design of this forum.. Just imagine they are superbusy these days and I am sure they will hear our willings, but they are not number one on the list. When you look at that with different eyes, change of the forum could possibly prolong phone delivery because someone, who should make progress with address for delivery stickers had to play with font on our forum. I dont wanna discourage meaning of this thread, but just wanna point up what is most important for this month. In my eyes, someone should start countdown, instead of trying to fix what works. Not perfectly, but somehow and not bad. :) We should write our comments in the list what we would like to change in the future and lets see, what will happen.

Yeah sure, but it is a place to put some of the frustration. We are waiting for months for a new forum but what we get is new design. As you said that is alright as long as the phone is becoming good. But it is not the best move for a company with the slogan "function is key" to update the look of the whole site (which has no functionality) and then forget that the css should look good in the only functional part of the website too.

Updating the design before fixing the problems is a bad move to begin with, but we must be realistic. They have to sell devices and they probably have to make investors happy. Since the website is the only selling channel this may have been more important. I liked the old site better but that is subjective. But the forum had an objectively better design (contrast, component borders ...) (better means not that it looked better, that's subjective again).

I could be related to the moderation that they are ‘locked’, but not sure. Before that I believe people were allowed to edit for a limited period.

[Rant]

And I certainly agree that the fonts are not at all important in this forum, from my perspective it was a more general rant as these crazy designs appear all over the net. I think it is related to the plaque of “material design”, that would have made sense on 16 colour CGA displays decades back, but are just outright stupid today, I simply can not find a single benefit. Well except that the informationless displays might allow screenshots to be compressed harder…. What is the point in NOT using that we got great colour depths? What is the point in making degenerated simplified icons beyond where you can see what it is but have to guess/remember (e.g. the sad Cyclop of MS) ? What is the point of diminutive to non-existing borders, and areas with almost identical colours? And why on earth kill the great vision helper of shadows?

We are NOT producing images for OCR, but for HUMANS, and over aeons our eyes are optimised for the 3D real world with light and shadows and not monochrome 2D, so why stop making things look real?? I hope that the mad men that allowed this material design nightmare would get replaced, and allow for some serious designers to make something useful for the benefit of literally everyone.

[/Rant]

I would give you multiple thanks if the forum let me. ;-)

Hehe, in general you are wright of corse. This just always reminds me this picture..

[attachment file=33091]

All designers are just.. Butterfingers? Or I dont know how to describe they are living just from sunlight and smoking weed.... Have loads and loads of examples while they were preparing our company building construction plans.. Unbelievable how these people could even live.. If I were their boss, I would kill them immediately. There should be some law for that - when somebody is completely stupid and useless at once, you should have a right to kill him with imputy :-D :-D :-D Hope all members can read my exaggeration ;)

I haven't been able to edit my posts since the moderation was put in place.

Honestly I like this redesign. It looks better than before and more modern. The font looks nice but it's not too fancy. This change didn't add any functionality to this forum but it also didn't remove any functionality therefore I don't see a problem in this redesign.

That's just my point of view.

Obviously this forum needs some changes but I don't think the design is something worth complaining about. A solution for this moderation mess is what's needed right now.

Honestly I like this redesign. It looks better than before and more modern. The font looks nice but it’s not too fancy. This change didn’t add any functionality to this forum but it also didn’t remove any functionality therefore I don’t see a problem in this redesign.

That’s just my point of view.

Obviously this forum needs some changes but I don’t think the design is something worth complaining about. A solution for this moderation mess is what’s needed right now.

I certainly agree that the moderation issues are far worse than the design issues.

Honestly I like this redesign. It looks better than before and more modern. The font looks nice but it’s not too fancy. This change didn’t add any functionality to this forum but it also didn’t remove any functionality therefore I don’t see a problem in this redesign.

That’s just my point of view.

Obviously this forum needs some changes but I don’t think the design is something worth complaining about. A solution for this moderation mess is what’s needed right now.

I certainly agree that the moderation issues are far worse than the design issues.

Absolutely, the ranting here is because they did NOT fix the moderation issue AND introduced design issues. The design issues alone would be no thing at all.

But it should not be misunderstood. While this is a bit of a pity and some of us had to do a short rant, it is no big deal.

I have still faith in the phone (I have to, already paid ...).

Sorry guys, I’m away for a few days, and asked the staff to handle stuff

You're definitely missed. Even the posts that did get approved haven't been bumped in your absence.

(Of course, software would be more effective in your absence if it was set up a little better, as you've pointed out).

• 1 month later...