Pro1 Unboxing Video

8 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Have flashed and reset so many times with early software, I never realised that the initial start-up is just 1 minute if you skip all the wizardry. 😄

Most of the delay probably was to make that android launcher landscape compatible 😄 I am looking forward to not needing 15 minutes to enter my wlan password 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Most of the delay probably was to make that android launcher landscape compatible 😄 I am looking forward to not needing 15 minutes to enter my wlan password 😄

Actually not ALL steps are, as I recall it.... 🙄It is really odd the Android offers this half heartedly landscape support, that is there for some things but not others...

I mean that F(x)Tec needs to add a custom launcher to support landscape is ridiculous....

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Parhelion said:

How about a Sailfish flashing Video? 🤔

I just keep finding that mandatory "Accept Google services" part a bit disturbing.

We will prepare formal technical docs very soon, with info on how to flash your device, etc.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Less formal info on how to flash etc Chen already posted here Friday

Yep, we'll soon make formal, well-illustrated docs in our new support page. Quick sneak peek of what we are working on:

894507599_Screenshot2019-11-18at12_44_48.thumb.png.1f8a50f4738886aa3241e86e7a8ec413.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

I think this is the first time I've heard some noise from the Pro1 speakers. Are those in any way decent? I'm kind of used to any kind of smartphone in various price ranges to just have terrible audio quality once you go past a certain volume level, but there might be physical constraints with them being super flat, power, or whatever. I likely missed out on exceptions, but people in this house have Samsung, LG and OnePlus stuff... and they don't really shine there.
How is it looking on the Pro1 end?
The best phone speakers I've heard personally were the speaker moto mods... but those were pretty fat and came with their own battery to drain from after all.

Also, the "powered by Android" is not consistently positioned between the static and animated boot-screen. Literally unusable :^)

• Haha 3
46 minutes ago, Waxberry said:

There will be Lineage OS as well, to run on Pro1 so there will be plenty choices for that. 😉

Is it official lineageos support or just an unofficial port for now? There is no mention of lineage anywhere on xda or even the lineageos site about this device

Just now, npatel1050 said:

Is it official lineageos support or just an unofficial port for now? There is no mention of lineage anywhere on xda or even the lineageos site about this device

I will leave this to be answered by Developers from Lineage OS. I think it would be very likely, as our Lineage OS developers are very well known and experienced. They have been of great support so I would hope at a certain time while the device hits a wider user group it would be likely to happen!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I'm very glad to see these videos, because I'm excited for the device, to get my own, and for it to sell well.

But as a general point, is anyone else as puzzled as me why 'unboxing' videos are as popular as they are on youtube?

Why is there such a buzz for what is surely the least interesting part of getting a new device? Show me it working! Show me it from all angles! But only show me the plastic wrapping or peeling off stickers if you're trying to get me to sleep...

Edited by glumreaper
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, glumreaper said:

But as a general point, is anyone else as puzzled as me why 'unboxing' videos are as popular as they are on youtube?

I also have been puzzled by this. But today i am damn well excited to see them, for the first time :D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
4 hours ago, glumreaper said:

I'm very glad to see these videos, because I'm excited for the device, to get my own, and for it to sell well.

Why is there such a buzz for what is surely the least interesting part of getting a new device? Show me it working! Show me it from all angles! But only show me the plastic wrapping or peeling off stickers if you're trying to get me to sleep...

I never really understood that either. So just made a series of single images, so people can browse quickly over in seconds and only investigate whatever they want to see,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4