Any more reliable info on shipping schedules?

2 hours ago, Zamasu said:

First batch had some people that didn't back IGG as well. Some people posted about that, and they now have their phone. I'm not going to say who because I'm not a snitch, and there shouldn't have been any people in there that didn't back IGG. But there were.

I think the mistake is yours, or more likely you dreamed it.   The closest thing to that I've seen was someone on tmo who accidentally typo'd in a post reporting he was allocated stock in first batch but wasnt IGG backer when in fact he was, and Chen replied with apology for mistake and would reallocate appropriatly, before it was clarified he was in fact IGG backer and it was his own typo - due to on screen keyboard - that caused the confusion.     And even if that's what you were mistakenly referring to, that's still one, not plural.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Craig said:

I think the mistake is yours, or more likely you dreamed it.   The closest thing to that I've seen was someone on tmo who accidentally typo'd in a post reporting he was allocated stock in first batch but wasnt IGG backer when in fact he was, and Chen replied with apology for mistake and would reallocate appropriatly, before it was clarified he was in fact IGG backer and it was his own typo - due to on screen keyboard - that caused the confusion.     And even if that's what you were mistakenly referring to, that's still one, not plural.  

Again, I'm not going to snitch about who did this, but I'm not mistaken.

15 hours ago, abielins said:

Many more! People want updates and answers. We are past mid-November so we want a new estimate now that the old one is behind us. I don't think that's unusual or unexpected.

Nobody will give it to us here, no matter how many new threads we open. If there is some OFFICIAL info, You'll get it per mail or in a separate, closed sticky thread on the top of the forum. If You want to say what's on Your mind, go on, there's already a thread or two (or five) where people do that - feel free to do that there as well. But we don't need another threads with questions as "when will mine arrive?" or "thank You FxTec, I love You!" or whatever else have there been. As EskeRahn asked us to, let's KEEP THE FORUM CLEAN.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, getting the phones is much slower than we had initially expected. The stock is being processed by a customs office in the US until they get shipped back to us. It will likely be quicker for the next batch to arrive, so we are going to bump up the quantity on US devices this time, to compensate for the significantly delayed first US shipment.

For now, unfortunately, the US shipping deadline remains the same as with all orders, which is anytime before the 20th of December, in time for Christmas. It could be next week, but it could also take until the very last day of our deadline.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Edited by sequestris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, abielins said:

I hope you're wrong, but if that's the case I'd rather be told now.

That's basically what many people on here have been saying for months. And how I feel. I could've had six months of use out of a new phone by now if I hadn't been hanging on for the Pro1. And now the latest official word is I'll be lucky to get it before Christmas. I'm swinging back to feeling pretty close to cancelling.

• Like 2

Weird, support told me my order is in the next batch and it's scheduled to be delivered by the end of the month. I find that highly unlikely without any tracking or updates. Unless they plan on sending via airdrop or drone delivery. There's 3 days left in this month (one of which isn't even a business day).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

Weird, support told me my order is in the next batch and it's scheduled to be delivered by the end of the month. I find that highly unlikely without any tracking or updates. Unless they plan on sending via airdrop or drone delivery. There's 3 days left in this month (one of which isn't even a business day).

I completely agree that seeing delivery before the end of the month is unlikely, but there are definitely more than three days left in November. Might want to doublecheck your calendar.

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, npatel1050 said:

They told me end of the month... But that was a few weeks ago. More delays.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, archseraphim said:

I completely agree that seeing delivery before the end of the month is unlikely, but there are definitely more than three days left in November. Might want to doublecheck your calendar.

Business days I meant. Depending on the carrier they might not deliver on weekends and the holiday will definitely slow things down

Edited by npatel1050
5 hours ago, glumreaper said:

That's basically what many people on here have been saying for months. And how I feel. I could've had six months of use out of a new phone by now if I hadn't been hanging on for the Pro1. And now the latest official word is I'll be lucky to get it before Christmas. I'm swinging back to feeling pretty close to cancelling.

REALLY???? Why would you cancel at the very last minute, when they're actually making and delivering the very device you've been waiting to get for months, and now probably are days or weeks from actually getting one? That feels a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face.....

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, silversolver said:

REALLY???? Why would you cancel at the very last minute, when they're actually making and delivering the very device you've been waiting to get for months, and now probably are days or weeks from actually getting one? That feels a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face.....

Or maybe months away?

this week to week game has been going on for few months now

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, kashif said:

Or maybe months away?

I suppose it has, but some people have actually gotten their devices now, so obviously they are in production. It seems reasonable to suppose that some additional ones will drop very soon, and that is what is being said.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, kashif said:

Or maybe months away?

I agree with you on this. Yes, it feels like the devices are "nearly here". But it's felt like that for a long time, and I get the impression that FXtec's intention is to foster this feeling: "hold on, they're nearly here!" But actually behind the scenes they're scrambling and they don't really have any idea when devices en masse will be ready. They have a dream that it'll be Christmas, but they can't be sure of that.

Yes, a small number of devices have made it to customers, but what of the fabled second batch? It was supposed to have shipped last week (or was it the week before?) But as so often has been the case, FXtec have been silent 

I'll only get mine this calendar year if there are no more delays, but given the track record that seems unlikely. I think it's time for me to cancel and replace my ailing old phone with something I can actually use, rather than prolonging the waiting game.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Erik
Keymaster

Posted 3 hours ago
Hi everyone,

A small update for you today. As some of you know our US shipment from the first batch has still not reached our US customers due to strict US customs regulations. According to the latest, the first US batch is being returned to our Hong Kong hub, but it's currently being queued in a customs office's sorting facility. We know the stock will arrive back, but by the time that happens, our next batches from the factory will be ready for shipping. Consequently, we will be bumping up the numbers of units in the next batches to accommodate for the customers designated from the first batch. EU and APAC customers have fully received the 1st batch, currently awaiting the next ones.

In terms of production, we know a batch of stock is leaving the factory sometime this week, but I don't have an official day for this yet. I expect that some of you will receive their stock assigned notice either late this week or sometime next week. But with this, it's important to note the time required to move stock between our 3 warehouses Hong Kong > Europe and the US at the same time.

To avoid the same customs issue, we will be choosing a different shipping method to comply with US customs regulations for our new batches. We understand this is very frustrating for both our US customers who were promised their device is coming with the first batch, and us for to having to ship the same batch twice and not meeting the promised US customers' expectations.

We are on track for general availability by Christmas, which of course means all pre-orders will be completed by then.

As always, thank you for your patience and support.

Erik

From 

31 minutes ago, theo.hallenius said:

Now if only that guy who was selling his device on ebay didn't remove it, it would sell really well, considering there is an issue with US customs.

I believe that was a woman, but my remark to him/her was that they could make a buck off those more eager/desperate that him/herself, and order another one for themselves later. :)